GAME ON: Celtics versus Cavaliers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

GAME ON: Celtics versus Cavaliers

Welcome back Perk.  We need you.

Hope you can just give us about 15 minutes.  Just take it easy.

Go Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Cavaliers

Big surprise.  I thought the date was Feb. 4.  I hope he can show some great D.  Nice to have an easy one to come back in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

AN EASY ONE?  We are playing NO DEFENSE.

Cleveland is getting uncontested drives to the rim for easy layups.  That's crazy.  The Cavs are outshooting the Celtics.

Why do we continuously get off to these very slow starts?  No energy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Thanks Pierce.  We still gave up 26 points in the first quarter to CLEVELAND.  Let's get that defense straight and we run away with this one.

Good first quarter Paul Pierce.  I could have used that last shot on Saturday in DC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Pierce is playing so well I can only think of one Celtic fan that is unhappy right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Order restored.  Big 3rd quarter and let's head to Portland.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Only a fool would believe that Perk is not important to this Celtics team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Cavaliers:
    [QUOTE]AN EASY ONE?  We are playing NO DEFENSE. Cleveland is getting uncontested drives to the rim for easy layups.  That's crazy.  The Cavs are outshooting the Celtics. Why do we continuously get off to these very slow starts?  No energy.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, I usually love your posts.  You are an insightful fan.  But, my friend, you are panicing too soon here.  I see you said "order restored" later.  Cleveland hit some tough shots in the first qtr.  Yes, we had 2 breakdowns where they had easy baskets but in general, they had to hit fall away jumpers from ner the 3 point line (Jamison).   We are playing fine.  

We'll do well second half, as well.  Cleveland is a TERRIBLE team right now as they have lost their 3 best players from last year (Lebron, Anderson V, Mo Williams).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm laughing out loud as I just watched Perk wave people off when he got the ball and then went one on one.  Fall away shot that Hickson blocked.   Perk - I'm SO glad you're back, but remember who you are!!!   let's not get out of our role!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, no panic at all.  That was a totally valid observation and post.  By no means was that post meant to suggest we might lose the game.  That first quarter was not Celtics defense.

The Cavs may have hit a "couple" (meaning two) difficult shots.  The majority of them were not difficult shots at all.  That guard Evenga hit some wide open shots as did Joey Graham.  Pierce was too busy carrying us offensively to worry about playing any defense.  And did you see Sessions get to the rim with nobody near him?  That's a bit more than "a couple breakdowns".

We are about to head West and no defense right out the box against those teams will doom us.  We need to come out with lock-down defense.

Oh, I still believed we'd get it together and cruise and we did/are.  I just don't think this Cleveland team should score 26 point against us for any quarter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

[QUOTE]Only a fool would believe that Perk is not important to this Celtics team.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Only the Dudder can be that fool,but everybody know that the Dudder needs profesional help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Cavaliers : Only the Dudder can be that fool,but everybody know that the Dudder needs profesional help.
    Posted by international[/QUOTE]

I recently saw a post, on this forum, that said Perk's return will be bad for Semih Erden.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

The Celtics outplayed the Cavs in most phases of the game. The young Cavs had a nice track meet, high wire, circus act going on.  It remains to be seen if they can acquire the same top notch NBA skills and mental approach as the Celtics have.
        It was nice to see the Celtics get another win.  I'm looking forward to watching Boston taking down the Lakers and the Heat.