Game On: Celtics vs Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game On: Celtics vs Lakers

Ray played Kobe well and Paul helped out on a few possessions.  Kobe took 29 of their 81 shots and many were very tough.  Gotta give Ray and Paul a lot of credit, especially Ray.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Game On: Celtics vs Lakers:
    [QUOTE]Ray played Kobe well and Paul helped out on a few possessions.  Kobe took 29 of their 81 shots and many were very tough.  Gotta give Ray and Paul a lot of credit, especially Ray.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Ray 21 points and 3 3-pointers made, Celtics still unbeaten!

Derek Fisher got burned by Ray Allen tonight, big time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Mark Jackson such a kobe @$$muncher?  He munches on kobe's behind every chance he gets?  LOL />
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

Sickening isn't it.  Everytime he hit a shot he drooled for 5 minutes bragging on him. While he would still be bragging we would hit a shot and its like "so and so scores"  and then it was back to talking about KOME. Jackson said at one time he shot 12 times in a row in the 4th quarter.  Talk about a ME FIRST  guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Kobe may have scored 41 point, but his decision to take over the fourth quarter and be the hero, helped take the other Laker out of the game. Thank you Kobe.

I would have thought that Kobe would learn. The Celtics try to take over on defense in the fourth quarter and he trys to go one on five.

The other option is that it is more important for him to be the star than for the team to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Slight difference from last year?

KG 9-12 and 13 boards
    Gasol  5-13 and 7 boards

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game On: Celtics vs Lakers : he tucks himself nicely away in bed when davis does well and is nowhere to be seen.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Davis is not a All Star, but he is a very good player and a team player at that. No he doesn't put up great numbers every game but who does?  Give the man a break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

That was a sweet game. Pierce, garnett and Allen were studs and Rondo and Davis played excellent supporting roles.

I hate the Lakers.  For serious. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

I thought at one point the refs were going to let the lakers back in with the whistle. but they let them play.

the greatest Kobe stat for this game is his Assists. at an all time high..... 0

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

[QUOTE]I thought at one point the refs were going to let the lakers back in with the whistle. but they let them play. the greatest Kobe stat for this game is his Assists. at an all time high..... 0
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Amazing numbers by one of the greatest dbags to ever play ball in the history of the world... 0 assists!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Mark Jackson such a kobe @$$muncher?  He munches on kobe's behind every chance he gets?  LOL />
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]
    Is it that noticable. (Mark Jackson) YES.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game On: Celtics vs Lakers : Amazing numbers by one of the greatest dbags to ever play ball in the history of the world... 0 assists!
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]
    Yes, but to whom was he going to pass it? They played like p00p. Bryant kept them in the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Loved the game!  The Celts took the physical challenge from the Lakers and beat them back.  Paul Pierce came to play.  I am loving the way Paul has decided to step up the physical part of his game.  Winning that jump ball against Odom!!  It was not even close.

Nate's contriutions were critical for us to win this game.  Underscores that need for 1-2 quality bench contributors.  Baby and Nate outperformed Odom.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Hey Rondo came back to have a good second half. Odom played good in the first half but was none existant at crunch time until he hit a deep 3 when it didn't matter in garbage time. GREAT WIN CELTICS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game On: Celtics vs Lakers : Yes, but to whom was he going to pass it? They played like p00p. Bryant kept them in the game.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

Who knows. Never know till you try.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

You know, if the Celtics played with this sense of urgency for every game, we'd almost have the Eastern Conference wrapped up.

Rondo had 1 assist at halftime and I was riding him.  He sure showed me in the 2nd half.  Good job kid and great job Big Three.

Now, if we could get Shaq involved, we'd be unstoppable.

Go Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]You know, if the Celtics played with this sense of urgency for every game, we'd almost have the Eastern Conference wrapped up. Rondo had 1 assist at halftime and I was riding him.  He sure showed me in the 2nd half.  Good job kid and great job Big Three. Now, if we could get Shaq involved, we'd be unstoppable. Go Celtics.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
     Hi Petey.   It's not humanly possible to get up for big games like this one as compared to other games on the schedule that don't bring out that deep competitive instinct. An 82 game is season is like a marathon. Obviously I've never done it, but I can imagine that it's a mental challenge to get up for some games, especially like the game the other night in Phoenix when you have jet lag, you're tired from the game the night before and you didn't get any sleep at night because you're plane didn't land until 4 a.m.
        I can remember having to play a team in highschool where we had to ride for 3 hours on a bus on windy mountain roads and even longer when there was ice on the road. I hated that trip and so did everybody else. That team really had a big home court advantage.
        Looking back at the Phoenix game on the schedule, it had a Celtics loss written all over it before the game was even played. I can't blame Doc for being mad about the way that game was scheduled.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]You know, if the Celtics played with this sense of urgency for every game, we'd almost have the Eastern Conference wrapped up. Rondo had 1 assist at halftime and I was riding him.  He sure showed me in the 2nd half.  Good job kid and great job Big Three. Now, if we could get Shaq involved, we'd be unstoppable. Go Celtics.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]NO TEAM can possibly play with this much urgency every game. this was a statement game for how we WILL play come playoff time. love shaq but he aint gonna do his thing against the bynums of howards anymore, which is fine. giving fouls, being active on the boards and blocking or intimidating  shots of others driving in the paint is all we need. shaq is able to dominate all the other lesser guys but no longer can bring it with consistency versus the top guys. is what it is. as is we will beat the heat in 6. unfortunately we will not play the lakes for san antonio should beat them comfortably. 

last nite showed the difference between pp and kobe and y i will always take pp over the overrated kobe. game gets tough and kobe becomes one-dimensional, meaning all-scoring all the time, damnned his teammates. pp had 30 after 3, he too could have gone for 40 and become a one man team, instead he got ray involved, passsed to garnett, played the decoy as lakes had to overfocus on him, hit the boards and so forth. unfortunately for lake show, kobe does not have the same explosion in finishing anymore esp in the 4th qtr, except he has not received the memo. pp always plays within himself and within the offense...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I missed the game... was driving for 3 hours while it was being played.

Listened to espn radio, which had the Laker announcers broadcasting the game... sorry, couldnt handle it.  So I kept refreshing nba.com on my blackberry to get the updated score. I was worried we would lose. Everytime we took a decent lead, it quickly got close again.  Thats why I couldnt handle listening to the radio...

When I finally got home, the Celts were up 98-87 I think. So enjoyable to watch the final few minutes stress free...

One big disappointment, I kept reminding myself to tape the game before I went away on Sat... usually when I do that, I watch it when the Cetls win or immediately delete when they lose lol. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

I was at this game and at least 10% of the crowd, but no more than 15% of the crowd were rooting for the Celtics.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

mem and COMMUNIST, I totally agree that the Celtics cannot play with the same sense of urgency as they did against the Lakers.  Nobody can do that for 82 games.

However, as good as we are, maybe we just aren't THAT good.  Even when you don't have that "sense of urgency", you should be "good" enough to win the games against the inferior opponents.  That is where we have, to some degree, failed this season.

We lost to Cleveland, OKC (w/o Durant @home), Toronto, Detroit, New Orleans, Houston (w/o Kevin Martin @ home) and Washington.  Seven of our eleven losses have been to very inferior teams including New Orleans when we played them.

Even without the sense of urgency, we should be too good to lose all those games just past the halfway point in the season (last bad loss at Wash. in game #43).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]I was at this game and at least 10% of the crowd, but no more than 15% of the crowd were rooting for the Celtics.
    Posted by Mike1986[/QUOTE]

fitz wouldnt like that.  He doesnt believe folks outside of New England should be Celtics fans.  There is a large contengency of native so cal folks who are Celtics fans.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Game On: Celtics vs Lakers:
    [QUOTE]WHERE IS RONDO. It starts with Rondo.  It pains me to see him such a non-factor in such a big game.  He is providing NOTHING.  His defense, as usual, is suspect.  How can you let Fisher blow by you and get Shaq into foul trouble. Right now, we aren't playing bad (tie game).  Finally a rebound put-back by Rondo.  However, we need more.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    thats y rondo was on the bench in the 4th versus the kings!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game On: Celtics vs Lakers : fitz wouldnt like that.  He doesnt believe folks outside of New England should be Celtics fans.  There is a large contengency of native so cal folks who are Celtics fans.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Just like with every sun belt state, there's also a ton of transplants from New England.  I'd say at least 50% of the Celtics fans that live in So Cal are transplanted New Englanders.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game On: Celtics vs Lakers : fitz wouldnt like that.  He doesnt believe folks outside of New England should be Celtics fans.  There is a large contengency of native so cal folks who are Celtics fans.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    I think fitz forgot to take his meds (or he should be on some).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

What made me even more pleasantly surprised than the score of this game was that I got virtually no abuse from the Laker fans.