GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers

I guarantee this. The Lakers will not get past San Antonio or Dallas. Those are the teams that Boston needs to keep an eye on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers:

[QUOTE]Howdy Gents. I for one have come away very encouraged after watching tonights game. The Lakers played at their absolute best and barely managed to squeeze by a depleted Celtics team. The difference between the two halves was not the Lakers defense but Celtic fatigue. Boston played w/out a backup pg, center, and sf (Wafer is a 2 not a 3). Given all of the Celtics injuries, the Lakers have got to know that this game showed that they are not on the same level as Boston.

Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

-
    Once again the Man With No Name checks in and again he knows that of which he speaks, which is another way of saying that he knows what he's talking about.

I agree and concur, Sir.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : That's why I told you geniuses that the Lakers won't trade Bynum. They know their length is a HUGE asset during the playoffs. They'll have Perk, Baby and even Fat Shaq for lunch when it counts.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, think before you post. Lakers should have won this game by more than 6. They played a Celtic team with 7 players playing and only won by 6. Lakers are in trouble. I know thats not what you want to hear, buts that the truth of the matter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Howdy Gents. I for one have come away very encouraged after watching tonights game. The Lakers played at their absolute best and barely managed to squeeze by a depleted Celtics team. The difference between the two halves was not the Lakers defense but Celtic fatigue. Boston played w/out a backup pg, center, and sf (Wafer is a 2 not a 3). Given all of the Celtics injuries, the Lakers have got to know that this game showed that they are not on the same level as Boston.

Actually, the difference in this game is the same problem that cost the C's in last years playoffs...and the same problem they have now. REBOUNDING!! I can't wait for the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : That's why I told you geniuses that the Lakers won't trade Bynum. They know their length is a HUGE asset during the playoffs. They'll have Perk, Baby and even Fat Shaq for lunch when it counts.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Which username did you use to tell us the Lakers won't trade Bynum? 

I mean the last time you posted here, before tonight, as Qdaddy was last January 23, 2011. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : Actually, the difference in this game is the same problem that cost the C's in last years playoffs...and the same problem they have now. REBOUNDING!! I can't wait for the playoffs.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

And when Semih at seven comes back with Shaq at 7 feet and possibly even Jermaine O'Neil at 7 feet, Rebounding won't be a problem. btw we won the rebound battle in fakerdom when we had our guys. Not impressed by this win and looking forward to playing the Spurs for the title. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

sometimes im down on myself about how much i messed up today.......then i read some of the lakers fans posts and thank God I'm me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : Actually, the difference in this game is the same problem that cost the C's in last years playoffs...and the same problem they have now. REBOUNDING!! I can't wait for the playoffs.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Rebounding did have a great impact in tonight's game. I believe that the fact that Boston was playing without a backup Center and SF may have contributed! Don't forget that the lone Center that Boston played is still not in good enough shape to play more than 25 minutes. Boston is easily the best team in the NBA right now. I don't care for the Lakers either way but one thing that this game showed is that the Lakers are nowhere near the level of the Celtics. I could be wrong but didn't Boston play the Lakers with half of their roster and still only lose by 6?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]Quit bellyaching about injuries. All your starters played. The big 3 and Rondo and Perkins. Your 6th man--Davis. It's the Lakers who are down. No Barnes and backup center. Fact is---you guys are too old. Expect Bulls or Miami to win the East.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

What backup center did we have? We were missing 6 players

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I propose that a laugh track be played in the background everytime Perk touches the ball.  He's the perfect exaple of everyone having someone who loves them in this world, no matter how gross his game is.  I'm not "blaming" him for tonight's defeat, rather just commenting on how unskilled he is as a basketball player.  Can't run, shot, pass or handle.  And his defense is so overrated as to be laughable. I pray a move is made by the deadline.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

Good one.  Perk is the biggest slow motion uncoordinated plodding thudding kind of guy I've ever seen.  A nice person, I hear, but boy he looks dumb and uncoordinated.  Don't you love it when he gets the ball, waves everyone away, and tries to go one on one......and you know something ugly is about to happen?  Its funny.

Love Perk's D.  I hate it when one of the starters passes him the ball in the last 5 minutes.  I know they say to themselves "sh--, I didn't mean to pass it to HIM!".

Keep the faith, guys.  We'll be ok.  And.....I'm guessing Danny will try to make a move now that the injuries just keep coming.  I would never have guessed we'd keep getting hit like this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : Good one.  Perk is the biggest slow motion uncoordinated plodding thudding kind of guy I've ever seen.  A nice person, I hear, but boy he looks dumb and uncoordinated.  Don't you love it when he gets the ball, waves everyone away, and tries to go one on one......and you know something ugly is about to happen?  Its funny. Love Perk's D.  I hate it when one of the starters passes him the ball in the last 5 minutes.  I know they say to themselves "sh--, I didn't mean to pass it to HIM!". Keep the faith, guys.  We'll be ok.  And.....I'm guessing Danny will try to make a move now that the injuries just keep coming.  I would never have guessed we'd keep getting hit like this.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Like ESPN's Chris Berman would say: "Rumblin', Bumblin', Stumblin" in the paint!

It's a turnover waiting to happen, and it's painful to watch. It's funny when a center like Shaq in his late 30's is more nimble down low.

Puzzling to say the least.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Any Faker fan that was impressed with this win is just grabbing for straws.  You could see how important it was for them to squeek by the Celtics playing with half a roster.  Notice the Faker bigs were not quite as active with Shaq in there out in LA?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : Good one.  Perk is the biggest slow motion uncoordinated plodding thudding kind of guy I've ever seen.  A nice person, I hear, but boy he looks dumb and uncoordinated.  Don't you love it when he gets the ball, waves everyone away, and tries to go one on one......and you know something ugly is about to happen?  Its funny. Love Perk's D.  I hate it when one of the starters passes him the ball in the last 5 minutes.  I know they say to themselves "sh--, I didn't mean to pass it to HIM!". Keep the faith, guys.  We'll be ok.  And.....I'm guessing Danny will try to make a move now that the injuries just keep coming.  I would never have guessed we'd keep getting hit like this.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

It's not like you to use the word "dumb" when describing a Celtic player. Perkins did his job better then most of the C's did theirs tonight!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Perk did his job 12 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks. If you want to blame somebody for this loss then look no further than KG. You really expect the Celtics to win if KG goes 4-13 from the field and only 2 FT attempts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Perk did his job 12 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks. If you want to blame somebody for this loss then look no further than KG. You really expect the Celtics to win if KG goes 4-13 from the field and only 2 FT attempts?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree Perk played within his limits and performed his job.  We just had no depth and we played with PP in foul trouble the first half, Perkins in foul trouble the second half as well as Ray.   How is it we are the only team that has people in foul trouble?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

How can anyone be blamed but a depleted roster

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : I agree Perk played within his limits and performed his job.  We just had no depth and we played with PP in foul trouble the first half, Perkins in foul trouble the second half as well as Ray.   How is it we are the only team that has people in foul trouble?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

At LA, when Shaq was starting, Bynum got into foul trouble. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]How can anyone be blamed but a depleted roster
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

It was a winnable game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Hey wait.... did P34 and Kyceltic just agree? !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Hey wait.... did P34 and Kyceltic just agree? !!
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : Which username did you use to tell us the Lakers won't trade Bynum?  I mean the last time you posted here, before tonight, as Qdaddy was last January 23, 2011. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I only have one username. And the reason I haven't posted since January is that I actually have a life...unlike most of the posters on this forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : Rebounding did have a great impact in tonight's game. I believe that the fact that Boston was playing without a backup Center and SF may have contributed! Don't forget that the lone Center that Boston played is still not in good enough shape to play more than 25 minutes. Boston is easily the best team in the NBA right now. I don't care for the Lakers either way but one thing that this game showed is that the Lakers are nowhere near the level of the Celtics. I could be wrong but didn't Boston play the Lakers with half of their roster and still only lose by 6?

Isn't Boston one of the worst rebounding teams REGARDLESS of who is in the starting lineup?! Yeah....I thought so. BTW the Lakers aren't at full strength either. So that's a pretty weak argument.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : I only have one username. And the reason I haven't posted since January is that I actually have a life...unlike most of the posters on this forum.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Stop lying Qdaddy! 

You said the Lakers will not trade Bynum, you said you told us that. But I can't seem to find that post of yours which had you saying the Lakers will not trade Bynum.

Actually we thought you were dead. You were missing for 3 weeks. It's a good thing you still have a life.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Lot of you Boston fans want to minimize the Laker victory. A victory is a victory, it doesn't matter how its accomplished. Miami and Boston are now tied for 1st place. And guess who'll be playing the Celtics on Sunday--Miami.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : Isn't Boston one of the worst rebounding teams REGARDLESS of who is in the starting lineup?! Yeah....I thought so. BTW the Lakers aren't at full strength either. So that's a pretty weak argument.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Puff Daddy,  they are not one of the worst by percentage of rebounds.  They are in the middle of the pack.  We say the weak argument in LA when we had NEARLY our full lineup.  Doesn't look good for the Fakers. It was like their championship game last night.  Closest thing they will get to one this year I imagine.