Game on versus the Bucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Game on versus the Bucks

The Celts should get it somewhat together and make the playoffs again.  However , their chances of winning another championship with this group are all but non-existent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

absolutely brutal game to watch. no life in this Celtics team. but it could be worse. we could be Lakers fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

absolutely brutal game to watch. no life in this Celtics team. but it could be worse. we could be Lakers fans.

[/QUOTE]

i would kill myself....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I was out and missed the game.  I cannot believe what I'm seeing.

What happened?  Their backcourt seemed to dominate ours.  Actually it was just Jennings.  It took Ellis 20 shots to get 14 points so I cannot say he dominated Lee.  But Jennings had his way.  And who is Tobias Harris?  How does a small forward with 1 year experience outplay Paul Pierce on opening night?

Jason Terry gets only 6 shots?  And Barbosa, as effective as he was against the Heat, logged a grand total of 7 minutes?

Doc is relying too much on the same ole players.  He has the weapons, he has to trust them and utilize them.  Just looking at the stats, Pierce played a terrible game.  How do you come out and play like that?

I will be at the Verizon Center tomorrow and hopefully will witness our first win of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

We  got  thumped in our first 2 games.  Against Miami in an  emotionally charged rematch of last years ECF playoffs and in our home opener against Miami.

Not good, but no way the team and Doc can avoid seeing the work that needs to be done here  now.  If there's a silver lining, that's what it is.

Remember, we have a vet core who won't let this level of play become the status quo and a GM who won't sit still if things don't change.

I'm sure the team won't forget the embarassing stink  of these first 2 games.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

low expectations this yr

lots of bi-polar Boston sports this yr

from the super bowl to the red sux

to the Bruins loss

to this assembly of players for the Cs  ..not a team and they look scared

way too high demands on this group

I could only watch the first half 

UGLY muggin by the bucs  acting like it was the finals

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They started slow last year.  I'm not worried yet.

But I am not a Jeff Green fan.  he was terrible before th emedical emergency.  Glad he is healthy - think he is a great story.

But he is not good and never will be good. 

Lost and afraid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Jeff Green looks like a greenhorn inside the court. No special quality of a reliable player. Just wondering why Sully was not given enough playing time where in fact he is playing good defense and excellent rebounding game. Moreover, this is just the beginning of the season. Celtics will be alright base on the balanced line-up just needs fine tuning both offensively and most specially defensively.

"No Body Does It Better Than The  Boston Celtics"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

"I was out and missed the game"

I was out too but curse tivo, I came home to this debacle. One of the worst played celtic games ive seen in quiet a while. Dont let the score fool u, we were dominated from start to finish. 

We had absolutely no cohesion on either end. When we did score it was just on iso or broken plays, no sharing of the ball at all. Horrible spacing. You can tell this team is not comfortable with each other yet. The effort was horrendous. Defensively  we couldnt stop anyone from getting into the paint, our rotations were terrible, rebounding nothing new there terrible as usual ( other than sully he had 7 boards and he took 2 charges).

Jgreen had a very quiet 11 points, nice kid, but id rather he be an dkhead and  play with some fire. If almost losing your life to a heart ailment is  not gonna wake u  up, IDK what will.  

These last 2 games make you realize how important bradley is to this team, he brings 3 huge elements that this team sorely lacks, the ability to pressure the ball ,prevent guys from just getting to the lane  and hustle.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was out too but curse tivo, I came home to this debacle. One of the worst played celtic games ive seen in quiet a while. Dont let the score fool u, we were dominated from start to finish. 

We had absolutely no cohesion on either end. When we did score it was just on iso or broken plays, no sharing of the ball at all. Horrible spacing. You can tell this team is not comfortable with each other yet. The effort was horrendous. Defensively  we couldnt stop anyone from getting into the paint, our rotations were terrible, rebounding nothing new there terrible as usual ( other than sully he had 7 boards and he took 2 charges).

Jgreen had a very quiet 11 points, nice kid, but id rather he be an dkhead and  play with some fire. If almost losing your life to a heart ailment is  not gonna wake u  up, IDK what will.  

These last 2 games make you realize how important bradley is to this team, he brings 3 huge elements that this team sorely lacks, the ability to pressure the ball ,prevent guys from just getting to the lane  and hustle.   

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  The guards killed us especially Jennings.  Rhondo is not a good defender.  He is good in the scheme.  The team defense is non existant.  This team is like watching the Red Sox this season.  The game is over before you finsh your first beer and then you can't watch it because it gets worse as the game wears on.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  The guards killed us especially Jennings.  Rhondo is not a good defender.  He is good in the scheme.  The team defense is non existant.  This team is like watching the Red Sox this season.  The game is over before you finsh your first beer and then you can't watch it because it gets worse as the game wears on.  

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with both of you.  This team has a long way to go to even be competitive.  They have a lot of talented players who need to develop team chemistry.  Although, I don't understand the lack of defensive effort.  Unless they can change their defensive effort, they will probably lose tonight. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Thread should have been  titled "Game Off versus the Bucks".

In lieu of the first 2 games, may I suggest entitling tonites thread, "Game On (?) versus the Wizards."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was out and missed the game.  I cannot believe what I'm seeing.

What happened?  Their backcourt seemed to dominate ours.  Actually it was just Jennings.  It took Ellis 20 shots to get 14 points so I cannot say he dominated Lee.  But Jennings had his way.  And who is Tobias Harris?  How does a small forward with 1 year experience outplay Paul Pierce on opening night?

Jason Terry gets only 6 shots?  And Barbosa, as effective as he was against the Heat, logged a grand total of 7 minutes?

Doc is relying too much on the same ole players.  He has the weapons, he has to trust them and utilize them.  Just looking at the stats, Pierce played a terrible game.  How do you come out and play like that?

I will be at the Verizon Center tomorrow and hopefully will witness our first win of the season.

[/QUOTE]

There is a lot you can't tell by looking at the stats.  Barbosa?  Have no idea why he didn't play more. Darko,  a couple minutes and he is gone not to be seen again.  There was bad games by a lot of folks, not just Pierce and Rondo.  Doc had what i think were two bad games in a row.  We give up layup after layup to teams.  Pretty disgusting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definitely agree with both of you.  This team has a long way to go to even be competitive.  They have a lot of talented players who need to develop team chemistry.  Although, I don't understand the lack of defensive effort. 

[/QUOTE]

When you can't keep up with your man and your teammates need to help, that screws up the defense because the defensive rotation will eventually break down.

Against the Heat, the Celts needed to ALWAYS double Lebron and Wade, that means there will be Heat shooters open.

Last night, Jennings was beating Rondo 1 on 1. When that happened Jennings could either score himself or pass it to an open teammate.

The Miami Heat's secret on defense is simple, the Heat players can hold their own against the man they're guarding.

[/QUOTE]
    Miami also lost last night.  Their defensive effort was also lacking.  NY played a great game last night and definitely deserved to win.  The Celtics poor performance is either still lacking team chemistry or maybe they aren't going to be as good as we believe. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Knicks are a good team with a great scorer in carmelo who were amped up becuz it was an emotional HOME opener. We got dominated by the milwaukee bucks at HOME IN OUR OPENER. Not really comparable. 

Keep in mind the celtics started 0-2 last year too. They also played 500 ball for the first 30 games last year too and that was without having to integrate all these new players.  Our defense cant be this bad we essentially have the exact same starting unit except for bradley being out (which I discussed in my previous post his value). Not to say lee hasnt played well so far. He actually has.   Rondo has to go under picks more, so the opposing pg settles for more 3s and jumpers rather than attacking the rim and FORCING our guys to help. This is why bradley is so valuable he can cover the opponents best perimeter player with NO help. That in today's no hand check  nba is a HUGE advantage. Its like a shutdown cb in the nfl.   Plus if you recall on top of that AMAZING bradley defense he was scoring 12 pts a game on over 50% shooting and over 40% on 3's for the 20+ games as a starter. That is big time offensive production when you factor in his defense. When we had bradley in the starting unit we had the best +-  starting 5 in the league.  This is also y I said during the offseason bradley is the starter when he gets back from his injury. Plus I love how he competes he really pumps up the team, with that effort and hustle he brings. Jgreen can learn a thing or 2 from bradley, who himself is very quiet and stone faced like j green is but when he laces it up he plays  like a monster. U can be a nice quiet guy but still play with tenacity.

20. This post has been removed.