Game scripting has returned to the NBA this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Game scripting has returned to the NBA this year.

Some people will believe what they want to believe in the face of all evidence. I am not that person.

I stopped watching the NBA after the 2009-2010 NBA season; however, my son told me that the NBA had cleaned up it’s act.  After watching Lebron actually get called for traveling in multiple games, and Kobe getting called for cheap shots, he said that last year, star calls, and home team calls, were for the most part, gone.

As a result, I started to watch the games again. It turns out that he was right. For some reason, the NBA decided to clean things up. Lebron was no longer allowed to travel with the ball tucked under his arm like a running back; Howard was no longer allowed to drive into the chest of a stationary player with his feet set; Nowinsky was no longer allowed to clear out space with his elbows before shooting; Durant ceased to get the Jordan like phantom calls, and Kobe was no longer allowed to cheap shot, or injure other player at will. Last year, the NBA was relatively clean, during the regular season. 

In the play offs there were some bad calls like Wade’s take down and injury of Rondo. Was there more to it than that? I can only speculate.

After watching the Knicks Celtics game it is apparent that the old ways are back again. A bad call is a bad call; however, when bad calls become systematic, and patterns of officiating become obvious, they are no longer bad calls, but something else. After watching the blatant and repeated “star calls” for Mello, and in some cases, flagrant fouls committed against the Celtics without a call, it is time to watch something else. Only “true believers”, people that don’t know the rules well, or fans that like the script, can continue calling the NBA a true sport. It is not. It is only scripted entertainment designed to make money for the NBA.   …too bad.

So again, I say goodbye to the NBA.

… maybe Donahee was not lying.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/nba/tim-donaghy-details-how-nba-officials-league-allegedly-fix-games-exclusive-interview-part-3/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Game scripting has returned to the NBA this year.

The officiating is awful

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the NBA is a joke, i love the celtics...but the NHL and NFL are far away better then the joke of a league that the NBA is...only in the NBA would joey crawford still have a job right now...he has no business reffing another game at any level for the rest of his life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Agree with every post up here so far... Profesional refs cant be this poor... College, HS & youth reffing doesnt have nearly the amount of suspect, blatantly wrong calls as the supposed pro's in the NBA.

I believe Donahy 100%..

Someone posted a youtube link about Crawford & his imaginary calls on players not anywhere near anyone.. It's beyond ridiculous, its outright cheating.. Not even room to call some of these mistakes or errors...its just plain premeditated calls and some of these refs do it in plain sight and could care less.

If it was going on systemically in the lower levels like college & HS, maybe an argument about the game could be made... but its night & day what goes on in the NBA compared to other levels..

I cant blame anyone for dumping NBA games.. I know I wont pay a dime on anything NBA related... wont get my $$ for this BS. Onlky wish I could stop watchin the Celtics... no can do

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Here is the time of year when I, again, perscribe to the marketing philosophy of the nba's "sympathy christmas" lineup.

Every year they match up a playoff from the previous year.  Finals if they can.  Semis behind that.  The team that lost always gets a "feel good" win.

This year's candidates included the c's/knicks and the heat/mavs.  Again, as in every year, the refs give the sympathy win if necessary.  They even go so far as to script close games and keep them close, giving calls to whomever falls behind.  It's so obvious, I just don't see how everybody doesn't agree.

Anyway, this includes the celtics win in orlando when PP was hurt.  Just throwing that in there so it doesn't all sound like sour grapes.

I also believe the lakers were supposed to win a close game vs chicago but they just choked and chicago rolled at the end.  I can't really count it statistically though since it wasn't a playoff rematch game, which is how I've defined my little survey.  Once I've got a sample size of 32 games since I started predicting this 4 years ago, I'll put a little statistics to it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

What a dumb thread.
    The NBA ratings are through the roof and you won't watch it.
    Good for you and good for us that you won't be complaining anymore.

What bad calls in Sunday's game?
    Pavlovic got a technical for flopping.
    I see that Rondo has learned something from Wheelchair Pierce.
    Every time he is touched, he falls to the ground like he has been shot.
    The NBA referees are well aware of the acting that goes on among Celtics players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Game scripting has returned to the NBA this year.:
    [QUOTE]What a dumb thread. The NBA ratings are through the roof and you won't watch it. Good for you and good for us that you won't be complaining anymore. What bad calls in Sunday's game? Pavlovic got a technical for flopping. I see that Rondo has learned something from Wheelchair Pierce. Every time he is touched, he falls to the ground like he has been shot. The NBA referees are well aware of the acting that goes on among Celtics players.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

When will YOU stop complaining?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Hi Mtrax,

I guess you like the script.

Do you watch professional wrestling as well?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]What a dumb thread. The NBA ratings are through the roof and you won't watch it. Good for you and good for us that you won't be complaining anymore. What bad calls in Sunday's game? Pavlovic got a technical for flopping. I see that Rondo has learned something from Wheelchair Pierce. Every time he is touched, he falls to the ground like he has been shot. The NBA referees are well aware of the acting that goes on among Celtics players.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Surely you jest. PP doesn't flop or make out he's shot when he's defended. Wash you're mouth out!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game scripting has returned to the NBA this year. : Surely you jest. PP doesn't flop or make out he's shot when he's defended. Wash you're mouth out!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

THAT is a foul!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game scripting has returned to the NBA this year. : Surely you jest. PP doesn't flop or make out he's shot when he's defended. Wash you're mouth out!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Paul wouldn't have to do that if he could push off for his shot like KOME.  If they call push offs on KOME it would hurt his average 10 pts a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Don't even get me started on KOME traveling.  EVERTIME he establishes a pivot foot and starts pivoting he ends up 5 feet from where he started. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Ahhhhhh!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Ahhhhhh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

NOT a foul!!  Got any others, this is fun!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Arrrggggggghhhhh!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Arrrggggggghhhhh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

NOT a foul.  Why are you so obsessed with cherries?  Still got yours?