GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011

In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011:
    [QUOTE]Hold your horses on proclaiming the Magic as a better team after their trade,someone should fire Danny Crawford for this dispicable display of onesided refereeing. The man is a hater of anything even remotely related to kelly green! I'm not sure what the final Free throw count was but the Magic were approaching 40 Free throws,Come on Man.....That simply destroy's the integrity of the game noone came to see the biggest farce in refereeing come to play Ref for the Magic...
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

i too was wondering why they called the foul when essentially pierce did the same thing on howard. i like it when shaq blocked howard, but howard was flailing as he went up. the ref behind the play called the foul. really? he couldnt even see the play. i was getting a little worried there at times too because of the foul calling. i wish howard got the technical at the end. then he was all smiles afterwards laughing at kg. if i was kg i would have punched him square in his nose, but thats just me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : This is a picture of me from my college days at the US Military Academy at West Point.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]petey, that is a sharp pic.. perhaps you should just mention who and where it is under as a permanentreference point at the bottom of each post... like please do not bring your weak koolaid to a strong vodka party!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"perhaps you should just mention who and where it is under as a permanentreference point at the bottom of each post.."

Uggh please don't. It's a terrific picture but we don't need any more insecure posters on this forum who feel the need to jam home some stupid vacant phrase on each of their posts. 

Petey just let your good analysis speak for itself. 

As for the game tonight, I will admit that Orlando looks better than I thought they would since the trade. I guess it was a good move after all. I was and still am skeptical of Arenas but it looks like the other pieces they got from the trade (Hedo, Richardson) are enough to make them a worthy contender in the east. 

Celts looked good closing out the game in veteran style.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011:
    [QUOTE]so far like fact rondo is shooting and making. he may have crossed that threshold. no more need for a billups. delonte will do for rondo is slowly making himself into a closer. he gets that his assist-only approach is a detriment. as guys have to now play him for his shooting, he will be even deadlier. now if he can start hitting free throws, he will be the BEST perhaps ever in the game's history. with his defense, perhaps even better than magic! still hasnt peaked as a player...
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Yes what happened to the sagging off of Rondo that Dudder and AcieMVP are constantly complaining about. Have the other teams finally figured out that he is even a better passer when they sag off him? Maybe that is why he shot it...he couldn't make the pass he wanted to make.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]here are some parting thoughts on this game- 1. is reggie and harlan smoking crak to be saying "oooooh!", "aaaaahhhh!!" when turgloo was "staring" at kg, and then further stated how "very tough" turky is?  really?  seriously?  tough like a marshmallow that got left on the counter for an hour? 2. arenas looks like last week's newspaper.  i think the magic got gypped. 3. nelson looked awful.  he was begging to be abused on defense.  what happened to rondo's post up game?  methinks he could have easily had nelson sitting pine with fouls and then enters duhon, the worst point guard in the league. 4. if it wasn't ryan anderson's birthday, we win this by 10-12 easily. 5. davis played excellent defense on howard and made much better decisions offensively 6. howard got most of his 30 on scrambled switch defense plays when nobody covered (i mean even attempted to get in the same zip code) on the switch help. 7. howard seems to have improved his offensive repetoire some, but his mental setup remains..... questionable.  he lost his cool in the clinching moments of the game and nearly got a T.  on that play, howard actually poked at KG once unprovoked and then again and still got away with his act.  He probably won't get away w/ it in the playoffs. 8. shak looked decent, did not have his shot blocked and i can't figure out why he only got however many shots he did- 6 or 7?  he should have gotten 10-12 looks and maybe we get 2 fouls on howard out of that.  instead there was not enough shak. 9. i loved how ray took advantage of j-rich's horrendous defensive skills at just the right time.  you have to be seriously well conditioned to play heavy minutes and then provide multiple daggers in the last 3 minutes of a close game. 10. a significant component of the bench offense should be marcheese on the post and he can't take as much time as he does to get his shot off.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

What no criticism of Rondo's shooting? How about a comment about how they didn't sag off Rondo? You criticize Rondo constantly ...what about last night? What did he do wrong last night?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Aciemvp, yeah where is the criticism? Give Rondo some props at times. His shot is getting better. He's not going to go from 30% to 45% in a season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : What no criticism of Rondo's shooting? How about a comment about how they didn't sag off Rondo? You criticize Rondo constantly ...what about last night? What did he do wrong last night?
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

why don't you just tell us everything that he did right. 

i criticize rondo constantly- because he never changes.  i wouldn't say he's over the hump with the shot my man.  he hit 3 nice jumpers last night and that is good.  but that doesn't make a career turnaround.

my biggest issue with rondo is a lack of aggressiveness.  here is what i would have liked him to do more- take mighty moues down the post and foul him to the ORL bench.  nelson is only about 5-9. 

as it was, we got away with nelson being on the floor, he was pretty stinky.  but in past games, he has done damage against us.  i'd say any game it'd be safe philosophy to try to get nelson in foul trouble, it's not hard to do, and then the immortal C H R I S  D U H O N is their floor general, and he is awful.  not even a scoring threat. 

then if they scrap the duhon project and put a redick out there thinking that hedoo the turk fills their point guard needs, that is where the quickness (coupled with aggressiveness) of rondo could really make a difference for us.  redick couldn't guard rondo to save his life. 

so, rondo had a good game last night with 10 points.  would it have been a good game if nelson had dropped 18-20 on us?  nope.  nelson's done that a lot before.  rondo has the tools to get the fouls on nelson.  so i say why not do it whenever we face ORL.?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Aciemvp, yeah where is the criticism? Give Rondo some props at times. His shot is getting better. He's not going to go from 30% to 45% in a season.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

bias, you and gtown exhibit all the symptoms of being thin skinned and pathetic.  there is such a thing as constructive criticism.  read my posts and you will also find that i think rondo is the best PG in the league as soon as he nails down a jump shot and a free throw. 

but really it's more than that because once has that he has to un-do his passivity, that he never should have developed to begin with, bad FT and jumper and all. 

but for you and gtown you just can't stand to hear anything about your homer boy rondo.  well, i'm a homer for glen davis.  and i see his weaknesses and i don't go silent about them. 

and lastly, jackwagon, i did say something about rondo but you didn't even read the post, so go stuff your fake righteous crap where the sun don't shine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i was remiss in not mentioning above that KG had as good a first game back from injury as you could hope.  he was more than good, he was excellent.  and he got that one brain cell of howard's bouncing around so fast that howard almost lost motor controls at a couple of points.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]i was remiss in not mentioning above that KG had as good a first game back from injury as you could hope.  he was more than good, he was excellent.  and he got that one brain cell of howard's bouncing around so fast that howard almost lost motor controls at a couple of points.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]you know i think KG really hates DH personally.  they are so opposite in their court demeanor, KG is so serious and DH smiles like a goober all the time and acts like the game is a joke to him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : you know i think KG really hates DH personally.  they are so opposite in their court demeanor, KG is so serious and DH smiles like a goober all the time and acts like the game is a joke to him. 
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

i think it's even worse than that!  it looked to me like howard thought his "funny" act was actually getting to KG.  but it wasn't.  it just made howard look like a nincompoop.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : bias, you and gtown exhibit all the symptoms of being thin skinned and pathetic.  there is such a thing as constructive criticism.  read my posts and you will also find that i think rondo is the best PG in the league as soon as he nails down a jump shot and a free throw.  but really it's more than that because once has that he has to un-do his passivity, that he never should have developed to begin with, bad FT and jumper and all.  but for you and gtown you just can't stand to hear anything about your homer boy rondo.  well, i'm a homer for glen davis.  and i see his weaknesses and i don't go silent about them.  and lastly, jackwagon, i did say something about rondo but you didn't even read the post, so go stuff your fake righteous crap where the sun don't shine.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

chill a little Acie.  BTW who is jackwagon?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Howard stopped the cheshire grin act with about 2 minutes to go last night.  Must've seen himself on the jumbotron.

Physically, the guy's a man; mentally, he's a child. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : chill a little Acie.  BTW who is jackwagon?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

i'm fine.  just tired of weak gtown types trying to tell a bunch of lies on me.

ever see that r. lee ermey commercial where he is playing "therapist"?

jackwagon is common substitute for jack asse

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If Howard was on our team, we'd be singing his praises.  If Howard even said that the Celtics are on his list of teams to talk to in free agency, we'd all be excited.  So, let's not call him a child mentally.  I think he deserves some credit and respect.   He tries not to let things get to him and smiles on the court.  I don't see any shame in that and I think he's a helluva player with a great attitude.  So he's not KG, neither is Duncan and he's great, as well.  Great players have different attitudes and that's ok.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]If Howard was on our team, we'd be singing his praises.  If Howard even said that the Celtics are on his list of teams to talk to in free agency, we'd all be excited.  So, let's not call him a child mentally.  I think he deserves some credit and respect.   He tries not to let things get to him and smiles on the court.  I don't see any shame in that and I think he's a helluva player with a great attitude.  So he's not KG, neither is Duncan and he's great, as well.  Great players have different attitudes and that's ok.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Well yeah because then he would be OUR idiot.  It makes a big difference. I love the people that hate players like Noah for example.  If Noah was on the Celtics people would love him.