Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards

That's the second easy layup Bass has choked!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards:
    [QUOTE]Locks up cap room. I don't think Blatch is worth it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

He'd be a tradeable asset and you never know what could happen with him once he's given a new opportunity ... they said DJ was a problem child and he turned out to be a real Celtic ... Don't be so judgemental ala Fierce.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Blatch is locked in for $8 mil a year for 3 years AFTER this year. Sorry, not a trade worth making in HOPES that he's a tradable asset. Look at this game. Did you see an $8M player tonight?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

CELTICS WIN!!!!!!!!  CELTICS WIN!!!!!! CELTICS WIN!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH  CELTICS WIN!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

By the way, DJ was an all star, an all NBA defensive team player, and an NBA Finals MVP before he came to Boston. Come on, man - comparing Blatche to DJ? How about this win today? KG, Pierce, Pietrus, and Bass played well. Yes, it's the Wizards, but the C's did what they needed to do and no huge periods with no scoring.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards : The C's do a poor job of integrating their youth into games during the regular season and pay for it when the real games begin. What will they do next year with Johnson, Moore, Bradley, Stiemsma and 2-3 more rookies? If they don't play them then we have a rotation of eight and it gets uglier. Danny may have to trade up as it's unlikely Doc will play that many yutes.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Bradley has had two straight years of no summer league or training camp experience.  It's been tuff to get him developed but they are making some progress with him lately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yuck! Tolliver? Really? Tomorrow's game against Orlando will be a real test with likely no Rondo, no Ray, and a motivated BBD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards :   Bradley has had two straight years of no summer league or training camp experience.  It's been tuff to get him developed but they are making some progress with him lately. Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE] True. I hope the kid learns from Pierce how to protect the ball when he's going up for a shot. He can get to the basket but gets stripped a lot. Like those early teams with Gomes, Big Al, Perk, Green, Greene, Delonte......I see Doc having to go into development mode next year. But this time, he's likely to have Rondo, Jeff Green, Bass, Pietrus, and Pierce to go with a bunch of youngsters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Blatch is locked in for $8 mil a year for 3 years AFTER this year. Sorry, not a trade worth making in HOPES that he's a tradable asset. Look at this game. Did you see an $8M player tonight?

He'd be an upgrade to JON and besides, I'm not saying there won't be better deals coming for Ray, just that if this was the only one on the table at the deadline that it s/b done. That's why I asked "are there any takers."

Figures Fierce would try to turn it into character asassination after being dissected himself last night ... he needs to save face.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards : Get Blatche and amnesty Pierce, that's what he wants.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Don't be brain impeded ... I'd trade Pierce for more assets before doing that ... that'd be the final option to upgrade if space was needed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Yuck! Tolliver? Really? Tomorrow's game against Orlando will be a real test with likely no Rondo, no Ray, and a motivated BBD.

I've got a feeling that due to Boston's gaping hole in the middle, DHoward is going to score 40+ points and get 20+ rebounds. It's gonna be ugly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Howard will definitely have a big game.  He's been playing well and on top of that, we don't have big size and muscle to push him out.  I still hope Doc gives Steimsma more minutes but I'm betting he won't.   That kid is in Doc's doghouse and I don't know why.

If KG has to guard him for any stretches, he'll kill KG underneath and our only hope is that KG pulls him out to the perimeter with good shots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, should we trade Paul Pierce for Joakim Noah? Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Joakin Noah and who else Derrick Rose? (Lol)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Howard will definitely have a big game.  He's been playing well and on top of that, we don't have big size and muscle to push him out.  I still hope Doc gives Steimsma more minutes but I'm betting he won't.   That kid is in Doc's doghouse and I don't know why. If KG has to guard him for any stretches, he'll kill KG underneath and our only hope is that KG pulls him out to the perimeter with good shots.

More than likely we will all be in foul trouble including me and you!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards : Joakin Noah and who else Derrick Rose? (Lol)
    Posted by c.wright[/QUOTE]

Unfortunetly I doubt you would get Derrick Rose is that deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards : Unfortunetly I doubt you would get Derrick Rose is that deal.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]
    No kidding...we may have to throw in your avatar as well to get it done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

As I recall, our best defenders against DH were Perk and BBD.
    JON and KG? We'll see.

Next 7 games
    Jan 20 Phoenix L
    Jan 22 Washington W
    Jan 23 Orlando
    Jan 26 Orlando
    Jan 27 Indiana
    Jan 29 Cleveland
    Jan 31 Cleveland

Best case scenario 5-2
    Most likely scenario 4-3
    Blow it up scenario 2-5