In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bucks - 57 rebounds

Celtics - 44 rebounds

There's your ball game right there.

[/QUOTE]

Terry + Garnett were 7 for 37.  There's the game and that's WORSE than the poor rebounding.  If they make 2 more shots and we win the game.  

[/QUOTE]

Lol.. They kept jacking up bricks too. Don't care one bit for KG firing all he wants. But terry ? Green isn't the only one going to need ice tonight. Terry will need one for his arm lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bucks

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bucks - 57 rebounds

Celtics - 44 rebounds

[/QUOTE]

Terry + Garnett were 7 for 37.  There's the game and that's WORSE than the poor rebounding.  If they make 2 more shots and we win the game.  

[/QUOTE]

Correct but this has been happening all season. They can't compete with teams over four quarters.  Rondo is not leading and stepping up in games that need to be won.   This says it all for the future of this season. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

As sad is this may sound people we need to rebuild.  Start piling up picks and hope we can clear some cap room ASAP!!!! Oh we have Fab Melo my bad dudes in the D League. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bucks - 57 rebounds

Celtics - 44 rebounds

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For this game, Terry and KG 7 for 37 is not normal and will not shoot like that every game. But the Celtics getting outrebounded happens almost every game. 

Terrry and KG will shoot better next time. But the rebounding will still be a problem unless Ainge makes a move.

[/QUOTE]

He has to do it now or the season is over.  This team has not looked good for the whole season. NO win streaks and rarely any easy wins. Teams don' t give up on the Celtics and rarely do we ever get free throws even at home like tonight.  It is really troubling.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I don't think we can trade both Terry and Lee when AB returns. 

Terry has more trade value than Lee.  Plus we need Lee's defense more than Terry's lack of offense.

Goodby Terry. Maybe you can redo the tatoo.  and goodby Sully... and good luck somewhere else where you can blossum without Doc coaching. Don't need Wilcox either.

Can we get a decent BIG of value with Terry, Sully and Wilcox?  Maybe if we throw in a 1st round pick.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This team is terrible.  As constructed, the players are not fitting to make this a cohesive team.  And honestly, there is no indication that they will eventually develop that chemistry.

Danny and Doc seriously miscalculated the expected contributions of several players.  Really, Courtney Lee is the only pickup that is playing close to how he's played during his career.  His offense could be better but he's playing really good defense and he's an aggressive slasher to the rim.

Other than Lee (expected to backup AB), no other pickup or re-signed player is playing to the expected level needed for this team to be successful.  KG's contribution has significantly dipped.  His point production is not enough and he rarely gets double figures in rebounds anymore.  And worse, he's getting abused too frequently on the defensive end (Noah and Sanders).  Ever since Rondo's assist streak ended, he's been inconsistent.  Terry and Green are very inconsistent from game to game and Bass is nowhere near the player he was last season.

This is the core that was expected to lead us to a high seed in the conference.  I hope we can finish 3rd in our division at this rate.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team is terrible.  As constructed, the players are not fitting to make this a cohesive team.  And honestly, there is no indication that they will eventually develop that chemistry.

Danny and Doc seriously miscalculated the expected contributions of several players.  Really, Courtney Lee is the only pickup that is playing close to how he's played during his career.  His offense could be better but he's playing really good defense and he's an aggressive slasher to the rim.

Other than Lee (expected to backup AB), no other pickup or re-signed player is playing to the expected level needed for this team to be successful.  KG's contribution has significantly dipped.  His point production is not enough and he rarely gets double figures in rebounds anymore.  And worse, he's getting abused too frequently on the defensive end (Noah and Sanders).  Ever since Rondo's assist streak ended, he's been inconsistent.  Terry and Green are very inconsistent from game to game and Bass is nowhere near the player he was last season.

This is the core that was expected to lead us to a high seed in the conference.  I hope we can finish 3rd in our division at this rate.

[/QUOTE]

Third I hope you are right but really this team has to change in a big way for that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and speaking of Doc... E'twuan Moore had another good night tonight.  12 points and 3 rebounds in 21 minutes.     

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Right now the Celtics are clearly in need of another scorer.

[/QUOTE]

I know I'm going to get in trouble for this - I agree with you we need another scorer, and a rebounder..................we need to .......................can't believe I'm writing this - trade Rondo!

He holds the ball too much, he can't shoot, his D is bad this year AND he looks (like tonight) very uninterested in playing!  I have no idea what his value is.........and why would SAC do it, but if we could interest them in Evans and Cousins for Rondo, Melo and ?  I would consider that.  Of course, it won't happen...........but he is really starting to annoy me!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Amare can't rebound and Gasol is too soft.  Softness is also part of our problem.  So your adding height and some offense but we would still have the same weaknesses

We need a bruising rebounder.  Scoring will improve when we can be more of a threat inside too. 

Gortat would be much better for this team

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would LOVE to see Rondo traded to get a quality big, but I think the reason that may not happen is because of PR.  If the fans were upset to see Perkins leave (which was a good thing, we just screwed up the rebuilding strategy) they will be furious if Rondo gets traded, especially for a relatively unknown and non-dynamic Gortat.

We get a quality big who can even the rebounding deficit.  A decent PG who can play good D, and just keep the offense moving and a SG who can come off the bench and give us 10+ PPG a night ...like E'Twuan Morre is doing for Orlando.

I would trade Rondo, Bass, Terry and Collins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bucks - 57 rebounds

Celtics - 44 rebounds

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For this game, Terry and KG 7 for 37 is not normal and will not shoot like that every game. But the Celtics getting outrebounded happens almost every game. 

Terrry and KG will shoot better next time. But the rebounding will still be a problem unless Ainge makes a move.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but my point was about tonight's game.  You quoted stats for tonight and said that explains our loss ("That's your ball game right there").  My point is that tonight, rebounding isn't the ball game.  Our shooting and terrible offense killed us.   Rebounding was and is consistently bad, but we can overcome it some nights if we play better offense and defense.  Tonight was one of those nights we could have won eventhough rebounding was terrible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

ORL has a nice 4 guard rotation of Nelson, Afflalo, Redick and Moore - in that order.  Moore is not as good as Rondo, Bradley, Terry or Lee, and may be better than Barbosa.  I liked Moore last year, and thought he should  be given a bigger opportunity, but it is foolish to talk about him now, he is not here and cannot help us right now.

We need a rebounder - not another guard!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

How many games would we win if Pierce went down for any length of time? My guess would be not many!!  It's time to rebuild, and the first thing i would do would be to trade Rondo. You can't have a player control the ball 80% of the time and get 6 to 10 points. Trade him to a bad team for picks, or trade him for a star scorer!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amare can't rebound and Gasol is too soft.  Softness is also part of our problem.  So your adding height and some offense but we would still have the same weaknesses

We need a bruising rebounder.  Scoring will improve when we can be more of a threat inside too. 

Gortat would be much better for this team

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why anyone would be fascinated with Gasol.  He's older, expensive, soft, and pouts.  He had a couple of good seasons but when you are consistently "sub-potential", that is not a player I want.   Add to that he's 33 years old and makes $19M.  Why in the world would we do that vs Gortat who is 29 and makes $7.2M and at this stage is just as good?    I go with Gortat, as well.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

eldunker

Agree that Gortat would be better. But is he available?

Celtsfan4

Pau Gasol will save the Celtics money in the long run. Getting rid of the contracts of Bass, Lee, and Green for Gasol saves the Celts money because Gasol will be an expiring contract next season.

To everybody

Beggars can't be choosers. 

What us Celtic fans want might not be doable. 

Everybody wants Gortat. But what if Gortat is not available?

You'd be lying if you're going to say that the Celtics are not better off having Amare or Gasol alongside KG in the starting lineup.

Both Amare and Gasol have pros and cons. If they only have pros and no cons, then they wouldn't be available in first place.

[/QUOTE]

Can't get Gasol until Jan 15th - they would insist on Green - he would flourish in that system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

eldunker

Agree that Gortat would be better. But is he available?

Celtsfan4

Pau Gasol will save the Celtics money in the long run. Getting rid of the contracts of Bass, Lee, and Green for Gasol saves the Celts money because Gasol will be an expiring contract next season.

To everybody

Beggars can't be choosers. 

What us Celtic fans want might not be doable. 

Everybody wants Gortat. But what if Gortat is not available?

You'd be lying if you're going to say that the Celtics are not better off having Amare or Gasol alongside KG in the starting lineup.

Both Amare and Gasol have pros and cons. If they only have pros and no cons, then they wouldn't be available in first place.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Gortat have the same expiration year on his contract that Gasol does?  If we were to get Gasol (not going to happen) we have to give up more players and the team gets older and less deep).  At least with Gasol, we give up a bad contract but we keep some of the bench talent.  

Yes, its all hypothetical, anyway.  We're all just dreaming like we had an influence.  We'll just have to wait and see if Danny can pull off a trade.