Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011

C's look like Butler vs. UConn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcclotus. Show dcclotus's posts

This team is just too old!!! If Rondo is not out there doing his thing, like slashing and creating opportunities for everyone else, this team is just average.  Besides play good defense what are they exceptional at? Nothing.  I'll be surprised if they get past the first round.  I hope I'm wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bulls shooting set shot 3 pointers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

No doubt about it.  We got our work cut out for us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : And to think, Doc let him go interview with Chicago.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Doc can't stop him from interviewing nor can Danny.  He's good and good assistants get jobs.  Its life, man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

[QUOTE]Bulls made a statement tonight guys. Thib's Bulls are the real deal. I think that we are seeing the last days of RR as a Celtic. Unless he picks up his game, Ainge is going to trade him once the season is over.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I really hope so my friend... Rondo already cost us one title. Another one would be such a shame with this team!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : I don't agree with the age thing. I believe that the Bulls are a more disciplined team. Sure they are younger and more athletic but this game came down to the Bulls being disciplined on offense and defense.

You may not believe the age thing but Ray and Pierce look like theyre standing still against these guys.... KG looked tired too...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : Why in god's name would he do that? Why not trade pierce too? lebron James held him to 2 points last time we played Miami. Rondo IS NOT AS GOOD AS ROSE. But he is the best point guard we can get for the next ten years. He is a top five point guard. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

To get some draft picks. dang, another turnover...Rondo's play has become erratic. He still can't hit the side of a barn even though he has had several year's to work on his shot. Because of that, you have to question his dedication to his craft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : I don't agree with the age thing. I believe that the Bulls are a more disciplined team. Sure they are younger and more athletic but this game came down to the Bulls being disciplined on offense and defense.

I hope you're right.  We just don't show any life and energy too often and Ray really runs like his shoes are in cement.  I hope that's not age.  I hope its just lack of something else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

big gap as i c it now is that rose has leapt into the level where rr was at his peak during the playoffs last year and rr has come down all the way to a pedestrian level. had rr maintained that level which we were banking on this team would have won and would be more primed for the playoffs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]This team is just too old!!! If Rondo is not out there doing his thing, like slashing and creating opportunities for everyone else, this team is just average.  Besides play good defense what are they exceptional at? Nothing.  I'll be surprised if they get past the first round.  I hope I'm wrong.
    Posted by dcclotus[/QUOTE]
    The Celtics will only go as far as Rondo can take them. He had better get his head out of as* because Boston needs him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

If the Bulls wanted to make a statement in this game they sure did....they showed how old the Celtics Big 3 looked and how Rondo is nowhere near Rose in talent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : I wish I could give the Bulls that credit, MsLithium.  I think its on us, not on them.  We missed layups, threw the ball away, and our guards gave us nothing.  It was OUR energy (or lack thereof) that made us look like a JV team playing a varsity team.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  We missed at least 2 uncontested layups.  The Bulls made nearly every shot, I don't think they hit threes like that all the time.  The thing that bothers me is we couldn't keep them out of the paint.  Hopefully Shaq can take up some space and make it more difficult.  I am not putting much emphasis on this game.  It may give the Bulls a false sense of security.  TO's werent that high, just 4 by PP hurt.  Of course our guard play other than Delonte was pathetic.   Chicago wanted it worse than us. Period.  I still feel we can play with them.  I hope we come up with something to control Rose.  I would rather them play him like Rondo, play off him and if he hits outside fine.  I know he can hit a layup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : I wish I could give the Bulls that credit, MsLithium.  I think its on us, not on them.  We missed layups, threw the ball away, and our guards gave us nothing.  It was OUR energy (or lack thereof) that made us look like a JV team playing a varsity team.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]u think we missed those layups by accident? bulls are the equivalent of the 46 defense n football. forces you as a qb and a team to react in terms of seconds. see play, make decision and commit to it on offense. any hesitation and its a turnover or a missed layup! these guys actually play better defense than we did for they are better individually and ATHLETICALLY! plus they all seem to have range on their jumpers and can all run so they score every time we miss a jumper!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

What's that smell?  I actually don't even mind the loss that much.  What does bother me, though, is that nobody put Rose on his behind.  You just can't let him run rampant.  The Bird, Parish, McHale Celtics would have flattened him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]This team is just too old!!! If Rondo is not out there doing his thing, like slashing and creating opportunities for everyone else, this team is just average.  Besides play good defense what are they exceptional at? Nothing.  I'll be surprised if they get past the first round.  I hope I'm wrong.
    Posted by dcclotus[/QUOTE]

nice first post. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I am glad this game is over. I think that the C's are gonna go to the locker room and say "what the heck just happened?" The game went way too fast and it appeared to be over before it even got started. That was a lightning attack by Chicago. Boston looked confused. I haven't seen a thumping like that since Mike Tyson's heydays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Get ready... Laker trolls will be back to rub our noses in THIS... Frown

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Ray has the "Yips", Pierce is just being Pierce; brilliance sometimes punctuated by junior high school passes.  Glen Davis....well let's just say that you can't really count on hime especially defensively.  Anything you get is gravy. The concern is Rondo.  After he bricked his first shot I almost felt it would be a long evening.  He had opportunities to take elbow jumpers but wouldn't.  At least for this game he has been shown to be very fragile.
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

Good analysis jallen...it is right on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

See you all tomorow I am out this game stunk

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

KGis still taking too many jumpers and seems like nobody wants to go in the paint for high percentage shots> Celtics played like crap and it started with Rondo again very inconsistent> I wish we had Nash better

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This Bulls team is good enough to win a title. Thibs knows our defense inside and out. he knows our offense inside and out. He knows our personel and all their weakensses inside an out. 

His team is younger and hungrier. They have the one guard inthe league quick enough to stay with Rondo. He is stronger than Rondo and has a better jump shot. He also has vision nearly as good as Rajon. 

On the plus side the Celtics didn't have Shaq patrolling the paint. Also, I think they felt like they could beat Chicago whenever they really wanted to do it. Now,  I don't think they'll treat Chicago like a kid brother but will bring their complete A game. They are going to need it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : u think we missed those layups by accident? bulls are the equivalent of the 46 defense n football. forces you as a qb and a team to react in terms of seconds. see play, make decision and commit to it on offense. any hesitation and its a turnover or a missed layup! these guys actually play better defense than we did for they are better individually and ATHLETICALLY! plus they all seem to have range on their jumpers and can all run so they score every time we miss a jumper!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    You can't take away from Thib's defensive schemes. Boston looked horrible because Chicago made the Celtics look horrible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : u think we missed those layups by accident? bulls are the equivalent of the 46 defense n football. forces you as a qb and a team to react in terms of seconds. see play, make decision and commit to it on offense. any hesitation and its a turnover or a missed layup! these guys actually play better defense than we did for they are better individually and ATHLETICALLY! plus they all seem to have range on their jumpers and can all run so they score every time we miss a jumper!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    ...and that picture is distracting me

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Don't want to post any postgame stats tonite, they look so bad.
    I don't think we can play much worse against the Bulls than we did tonite, so that might be a good thing.
    Here's a link to espn box score stats
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310407004