Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011

Here is another thing about this game. It showed the cohesiveness that the Bulls have and the thing that Ainge sacrificed in bringing in a bunch of new guys. I hope that the new guys catch on quickly or the Bulls give Boston  another beating like the one they gave them tonight (in the playoffs).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree that the Bulls are hungrier too - which just makes no sense.  WE are the ones who've been written off all year by the Sports Media for being too old.  Check out the FB ESPN fan page.  They're gloating over this to such a degree you'd think they were based in Chicago.   WE - the ones who were gypped out of #18 last year despite proving everyone else in the sports universe wrong about us - WE should be the ones who are the hungriest and trying to prove the world wrong about us once again.  Instead tonight we just proved them right.  I'm not saying we didn't want it all, just that we are the team that's gotten nothing but sh*t all year, we are the ones who deserved it last year and didn't get it and therefore deserve it this year  So we need to want MORE than any of those other teams in the league.  Noah has a vendetta against Garnett and he is LOVING this.  Rose is as cocky as all hell and he's loving it.  I am embarassed right now.  The Bulls didn't go through what we went through last year - or this year for that matter - we need to be the ones on fire.  I know I'm rambling and talking in circles.  But just saying...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011:
    [QUOTE]Here is another thing about this game. It showed the cohesiveness that the Bulls have and the thing that Ainge sacrificed in bringing in a bunch of new guys. I hope that the new guys catch on quickly or the Bulls give Boston  another beating like the one they gave them tonight (in the playoffs).
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Yup, totally agree on that.  I've always said we had to make The Trade, but I've also felt that Ainge in general moves guys around way, way, way too much.  I was watching an old clip from - ironically - his '86 team.  It was at some meaningful point - I believe the finals - where the sportscasters quoted Red as saying he kept the team nearly completely intact from '85 because he understood that need for continuity and chemistry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Here is another thing about this game. It showed the cohesiveness that the Bulls have and the thing that Ainge sacrificed in bringing in a bunch of new guys. I hope that the new guys catch on quickly or the Bulls give Boston  another beating like the one they gave them tonight (in the playoffs).
    ouch!!
    hope that's not the truth hurtin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that the Bulls are hungrier too - which just makes no sense.  WE are the ones who've been written off all year by the Sports Media for being too old.  Check out the FB ESPN fan page.  They're gloating over this to such a degree you'd think they were based in Chicago.   WE - the ones who were gypped out of #18 last year despite proving everyone else in the sports universe wrong about us - WE should be the ones who are the hungries.  Trying to prove everyone wrong about us.  Instead tonight we just proved them right.  I'm not saying we didn't want it all, just that we are the team that's gotten nothing but sh*t all year, we are the ones who deserved it last year and didn't get it and therefore deserve it this year  So we need to want MORE than any of those other teams in the league.  Noah has a vendetta against Garnett and he is LOVING this.  Rose is as cocky as all hell and he's loving it.  I am embarassed right now.  The Bulls didn't go through what we went through last year - or this year for that matter - we need to be the ones on fire.  I know I'm rambling and talking in circles.  But just saying...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of that. I just think the Celtics felt the only real challenge to banner 18 was the Lakers. Now we have another very real challenge. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Agreed, and whatever else may be the case, the Celtics unwittingly helped create this monster.  Without Thibodeau the Bulls are a #6 seed at best...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : ouch!! hope that's not the truth hurtin
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    I really hope that I am wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]This team is just too old!!! If Rondo is not out there doing his thing, like slashing and creating opportunities for everyone else, this team is just average.  Besides play good defense what are they exceptional at? Nothing.  I'll be surprised if they get past the first round.  I hope I'm wrong.
    Posted by dcclotus[/QUOTE]

Not sure what's wrong with our team, but it all started going down hill with the Perkins trade which I was 50/50 on giving Ainge the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm seriously wondering if that was the undoing. I doubt if age is it, as this team was winning 75-80% of the seasons games until the Perkins trade. I think it affected the heart of this team somehow. Our guys just don't seem to have thier heads in some games, with way too many mental mistakes liked easy missed lay ups, bad passes etc. 

I live in Milwaukee now after living the first 55 years in Boston and saw the Celtics here playing the Bucks, who at best are a mediocre bunch. The Celts looked awful in that game, but pulled it out at the end.

It's not just Rondo, all of the starters are not playing well. Pierce was terrible tonight, Allen looked way off his game. Hopefully it comes together for the playoffs, but unfortunately I've my doubts if they'll put it together. They just don't seem in synch. 

Sad thing is we almost had to deal Perk before the seasons end as we'd never want to give him the free agent money he wanted. I loved Perks personality, defense and heart, but his offense was awful. If Perk's offensive game had improved half as much as his defense I don't he would have been traded, but on offense he's a liabilty. 

The one player I disagree with getting rid of was Erden. He seemed to give them good quality minutes and rebounding.

Hetchinspete

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : u think we missed those layups by accident? bulls are the equivalent of the 46 defense n football. forces you as a qb and a team to react in terms of seconds. see play, make decision and commit to it on offense. any hesitation and its a turnover or a missed layup! these guys actually play better defense than we did for they are better individually and ATHLETICALLY! plus they all seem to have range on their jumpers and can all run so they score every time we miss a jumper!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more. Sure the Bulls defense took the Celts out of thier game, but a number of missed lay ups should have been made, as a number were not well contested by the Bulls.

Just careless play by the Celts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : ...and that picture is distracting me
    but i am not complaining

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Dammm Hornets... I'd rather Thibs building whatever monster out where the Lakers - not the Celtics - have to play them several times a year and go through them to make the championship.  Thibs is a genius.  I just wish that were a better kept secret.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

This game was only one regular season game that does not have a complete relevance to what might happen in the Playoffs.  I wouldn't worry.  The announcer did say that the Celts beat the Bulls twice earlier back in Boston.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]This game was only one regular season game that does not have a complete relevance to what might happen in the Playoffs.  I wouldn't worry.  The announcer did say that the Celts beat the Bulls twice earlier back in Boston. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

That was a different animal than what we saw tonight. the bulls played ferocious defense. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The Bulls are young too. Thibodeau turned them into a dominating team very quickly and because of their youth they are only going to get better...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Always a pleasure to have you with us Cavaliersfan.  You're right about all those things... I think the panic here is that the Bulls have gotten a lot better since those two games.  But we Celtics beat ourselves in a lot of ways.  And I think we of all teams were the ones who played as if we were psyched out.  But thankfully, as you said, it IS one game and doens't count towards any 7 game series.  Thank you for posting.  Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : Couldn't disagree more. Sure the Bulls defense took the Celts out of thier game, but a number of missed lay ups should have been made, as a number were not well contested by the Bulls. Just careless play by the Celts.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

You and Contrarion are both actually right. The Cs missed some bunnies and lacked focus and intensity, and the Bulls played just the opposite, which does cause the offense to sputter. Almost every Celtic shot was truly contested and few of the Bulls shots were.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : Not sure what's wrong with our team, but it all started going down hill with the Perkins trade which I was 50/50 on giving Ainge the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm seriously wondering if that was the undoing. I doubt if age is it, as this team was winning 75-80% of the seasons games until the Perkins trade. I think it affected the heart of this team somehow. Our guys just don't seem to have thier heads in some games, with way too many mental mistakes liked easy missed lay ups, bad passes etc.  I live in Milwaukee now after living the first 55 years in Boston and saw the Celtics here playing the Bucks, who at best are a mediocre bunch. The Celts looked awful in that game, but pulled it out at the end. It's not just Rondo, all of the starters are not playing well. Pierce was terrible tonight, Allen looked way off his game. Hopefully it comes together for the playoffs, but unfortunately I've my doubts if they'll put it together. They just don't seem in synch.    Sad thing is we almost had to deal Perk before the seasons end as we'd never want to give him the free agent money he wanted. I loved Perks personality, defense and heart, but his offense was awful. If Perk's offensive game had improved half as much as his defense I don't he would have been traded, but on offense he's a liabilty.  The one player I disagree with getting rid of was Erden. He seemed to give them good quality minutes and rebounding. Hetchinspete    
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]
    Getting rid of Erden was pretty dumb...From what I read though, Ainge didn't have a choice. Maybe it was just rumors but I read that he wanted out. I read something about KG trying to injure him. Don't know if it's true..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

WHAT?!  KG trying to injure a teammate?  Where did THAT come from?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

KG tried to injure Erden?

more unsubstantiated Horse...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

We will see them again come playoffs. I just hope everybody is healthy by the time we face the bulls for a best of 7 series.

Go C's! We aint out of it just yet!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : u think we missed those layups by accident? bulls are the equivalent of the 46 defense n football. forces you as a qb and a team to react in terms of seconds. see play, make decision and commit to it on offense. any hesitation and its a turnover or a missed layup! these guys actually play better defense than we did for they are better individually and ATHLETICALLY! plus they all seem to have range on their jumpers and can all run so they score every time we miss a jumper!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Yes, we missed them by accident.  Rondo had a breakaway layup he missed.  The Bulls had nothing to do with it.  JON had a layup under the basket and got blocked by the rim.  That had nothing to do with the Bulls.  We can't blame it all on the Bulls.....Celtics have to accept responsibility for their poor play.  The refs didn't help us, but our own lack of energy caused another loss.

We can only hope this team has the fire come playoff time like they did last year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

But a bully to his TEAMMATE?  Opponents can whine all they want about him, but KG is a very team-oriented guy.  I trust Guyfromtex so I'm really fascinated with where he got that little tidbit.

And Green-Islander, you are right.  It's not over.  At least now we can prepare for the Bulls as they are now.  We really didn't know because the last time we'd beaten them it was the beginning of the year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I thought we traded for offense....

25. This post has been removed.