Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

someone please explain to me why Bass has played the most minutes in the game?   What has he done to deserve that?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

At this point, I would give Melo a shot. He can at least block a shot at the rim.

What is the difference, develop him in real games versus D-League!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

someone please explain to me why Bass has played the most minutes in the game?   What has he done to deserve that?

[/QUOTE]

email our HOF coach, Im sure he has a great reason

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dont know about you all but I am pretty sick of the tired, predictable offense and horrible defense... this team does not have the talent to go anywhere this year..... 

[/QUOTE]

But this is not going to be the same team that will be playing in March and April.

[/QUOTE]

I guess we will see but it will still be Rondo controlling the ball 80% of the time no matter who he has around him.... and as good as Rondo can be, it becomes entirely predictable for any opponent...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

All in all good damage control, let's see how they come out the gates to start the 2nd half. Our role players confidence seems to be at an all time low. Terry, Barbosa, Green, Lee can do much better. I hate to say it but there must be some coaching troubles going on. I know Doc turned things around last seasons just in time for the team to gel but I seriously doubt it will happen now. We're going nowhere...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess we will see but it will still be Rondo controlling the ball 80% of the time no matter who he has around him.... and as good as Rondo can be, it becomes entirely predictable for any opponent...

[/QUOTE]

Would the Celts have reached Game 7 of the ECF last season without Rondo?

Take the good with the bad when it comes to Rondo.

The Celts don't have an inside presence, that's why the offense if predictable. Everybody knows the Celts will just shoot jumpers when Terry, KG, and Bass are on the court.

[/QUOTE]

I am not blaming Rondo at all... its the offense that Doc continues to run and its pretty much one dimensional....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point, I would give Melo a shot. He can at least block a shot at the rim.

What is the difference, develop him in real games versus D-League!

[/QUOTE]

Melo's not even playing well in the D-League.

When the Celts drafted Melo, they knew it was going to be 2-3 years. No need to rush.

[/QUOTE]

I agree he is a project, but he also may be the 2nd best low post defender / rim protector on the team.

I have watched a few of his D-League games. Offensively he looks raw, but defensively he protects the rim (most possessions)!

Why not develop him in real games while a roster spot remains open, and the team has a need for a low post defender / rim protector? If the Cs fill the roster spot, send him back to D-League.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I just hate our defense when KG comes out so high to help and show.....and the rest of the defense has to shift around and we get beat.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Speaking of the D league  how is Joseph doing?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Either Doc is stupid or the players are stupid but I can't believe we keep getting beat inside over and over and over and over again.   Its amazing how often other teams just get back door or cuts on us.   Its SOOOOO frustrating to watch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo offensive minded this quarter

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree he is a project, but he also may be the 2nd best low post defender / rim protector on the team.

I have watched a few of his D-League games. Offensively he looks raw, but defensively he protects the rim (most possessions)!

Why not develop him in real games while a roster spot remains open, and the team has a need for a low post defender / rim protector? If the Cs fill the roster spot, send him back to D-League.

[/QUOTE]

Because that would mean not playing Wilcox. 

Here's the thing, if the Celts continue to struggle, then by March the Celts will tank and will let Melo play a lot. Just like Rondo starting late in the season during his rookie year.

Right now the Celts are still a playoff team. So it's too early to give up on the season.

[/QUOTE]

Melo would stop a few of the multiple lay-ups that occurr each game. The Cs would not be giving up on their season by giving Melo 5 to 10 minutes a game. They would be attempting to tighten up their defense, while possibly expediting his development.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bulls move that ball til they break our defense down... im actually enjoying their game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All in all good damage control, let's see how they come out the gates to start the 2nd half. Our role players confidence seems to be at an all time low. Terry, Barbosa, Green, Lee can do much better. I hate to say it but there must be some coaching troubles going on. I know Doc turned things around last seasons just in time for the team to gel but I seriously doubt it will happen now. We're going nowhere...

[/QUOTE]

The question is, will you continue to watch the Celtics even if they're not playing well like tonight?

[/QUOTE]

It hurts when they play below par but the NBA without the Celtics in it would mean nothing to me. No bandwagon fan here. Green for life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We are just getting plain beat up on.  Inside, outside, on the break, in the half court.  This team is just bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

pathetic.. celtices rim defense like swiss cheese

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We're all left to only comment on how pathetic our team is.  That's depressing.  I wonder how Danny feels watching this.