Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

In response to kyceltic's comment:

He was already behind Irving on my list!!  Somewhere right in front, or right behind, Ty Lawson!!

we need to get a brainwashing guru on the line to write danny some scripts to open rondo-lawson & mozgov trade talks with denver.

hell, i'd even take andre miller at this point

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Did someone blame Rondo for the loss?? Some of you getting very defensive over RR

Some people think Rondo should take noneof the blame. He's part of the team and therefore part of the problem.   He is massively talented and does a lot of great things (unlike Pierce who is essentially giving us nothing).  BUT, Mr. Rondo is also hurting the team with his defense and in this game, his two plays at the end REALLY hurt any chances we had.  When you are in grade school, they teach you "don't save the ball back to the other team under their basket".  So, what does our high basketball IQ player do in a game where its under a minute and we are still in it?

But, some people think he should take none of the blame while PP and KG take ALL the blame.  I say they all stink and that includes Rondo.  

first time I have arrived at the "blow it up" conclusion, but I'm finally there.  I said wait until they reach late Jan or Feb and see whether they've turned it around.  The time has come and the verdict is in!

No one is saying that Rondo is perfect and isnt partly to blame but people like you want to blame him entirely... the fact that you bring up those two plays for leading to the loss is testament to this....its funny how you havent brought up that PP missed almost every shot he took... loss the ball on dumb drives to the hoop and couldnt guard my mom... but thats ok cause its not Rondo right?

Don't be silly.  Try to reread my post.  I don't want to blame him entirely.  But I definitely blame him partially. 

Make your argument about someone else but try to read my post before putting me in some dumb category like you did.

In case you are having trouble reading - I highlighted some sections for you.  Get back to me after you've read them.

Please dont condescend to me...Ive read your comments immediately after the game or close to the end and see below... your comments were about Rondo only as if those two plays were why the Cs lost....so maybe you should read your own posts...

• Wow, Rondo...TWO stupid moves in a row.

more »

• Forum Post: Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

Posted 01/22/2013 09:13:58 EST

So was that Rondo being stupid and careless with the ball or Pierce's faul for his man being able to double team.  I think that was Rondo careless at an important moment.

more »

Funny how Celtsfan disappears huh

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to srinivasa's comment:

The series against Miami fooled us, believing we were 1 game away from the finals but we should have known the way they played Atlanta and Philly, this is more of the same. KG played like an All Star gave it his all but now the tank is almost empty. A rebuild is overdue. And we have no use for Rondo anymore.

Don't forget that the team we beat in the 2nd round, in 7 games, the Sixers, are not even a playoff team this season.

Plus they did not play a full season...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

1. Peirce looked pathetic tonite. Embarrassing.

2. Yes. Rondo was great. He "held" Irving to 41. My college coach had this interesting philosophy. He thought you should be graded for what you did at both ends of the court.

3. For years Jeff Green has supposed to be a "potentially" terrific player but he has never been a terrific player anywhere...........ever think he's maybe one of those guys you "drool" over who never actually plays that way? Beginning to look that way wouldn't you say?

Kyrie Irving is scary. Kid has ALOT of talent.............If I was Cleveland and Boston offered me Rondo for Irving. I'd laugh. I'd want Rondo and Sullinger {sp} minimum. Probably Rondo, Sullinger and Boston's #1. Irving is better than Rondo..........younger too.

Luke Walton can still pass. Say what you want. He can still pass the ball. He had what? 7 assists in 18 minites or something like that? He could have been a pretty decent NBA player if he hadn't hurt his back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

What was Danny thinking no Bigs  for the entire season??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Come on, acie, you claimed I don't know basketball and you're the one who can't play basketball because you have abnormal hands. See the irony?

I get it, acie, you're just so frustrated that you throw garbage here, on this board. But we all know if you had better hands, you will do a lot worse.

Seriously, Celtics win, complain! Celtics lose, complain! Everyday you're here complaining, acie. Even the other haters here have days where they are happy. You are never happy.

Didn't you say you are a slave of a white collar job? 

You use words like "fatwa" and "slave", acie, that's what you have in common with Adam Lanza.

great stuff fierce.  your lucidity is... plummeting.  who told you i can't play basketball.  carpal tunnel from excessive keyboard and mouse work does not equate into unable to play basketball.  it's actually much better for your wrist to do different things..... 

but anyway, nice try

oh never mind.  i can't even pretend to complement your drivel dung.  it's got to be personal with you because you lose every time you talk about basketball.  you can't back up your views with stats and therefore i must be declared an aspiring mass murderer.  these are the workings of a mind of an infantile nincompoop

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Did someone blame Rondo for the loss?? Some of you getting very defensive over RR

Look! The cup sniffing circle has quite a few open slots now. The hardliners eyes are even getting bloodshot. Huffing can't be good for you 24/7. Take a break for koolaid, ladies. Perhaps they need a breath of fresh air...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Some people think Rondo should take noneof the blame. He's part of the team and therefore part of the problem.   He is massively talented and does a lot of great things (unlike Pierce who is essentially giving us nothing).  BUT, Mr. Rondo is also hurting the team with his defense and in this game, his two plays at the end REALLY hurt any chances we had.  When you are in grade school, they teach you "don't save the ball back to the other team under their basket".  So, what does our high basketball IQ player do in a game where its under a minute and we are still in it?

But, some people think he should take none of the blame while PP and KG take ALL the blame.  I say they all stink and that includes Rondo.  

first time I have arrived at the "blow it up" conclusion, but I'm finally there.  I said wait until they reach late Jan or Feb and see whether they've turned it around.  The time has come and the verdict is in!

No one is saying that Rondo is perfect and isnt partly to blame but people like you want to blame him entirely... the fact that you bring up those two plays for leading to the loss is testament to this....its funny how you havent brought up that PP missed almost every shot he took... loss the ball on dumb drives to the hoop and couldnt guard my mom... but thats ok cause its not Rondo right?

Don't be silly.  Try to reread my post.  I don't want to blame him entirely.  But I definitely blame him partially. 

Make your argument about someone else but try to read my post before putting me in some dumb category like you did.

In case you are having trouble reading - I highlighted some sections for you.  Get back to me after you've read them.

Please dont condescend to me...Ive read your comments immediately after the game or close to the end and see below... your comments were about Rondo only as if those two plays were why the Cs lost....so maybe you should read your own posts...

more »

So was that Rondo being stupid and careless with the ball or Pierce's faul for his man being able to double team.  I think that was Rondo careless at an important moment.

more »

So what's your point....that Rondo can't be criticized?  He can and will And we have to give him his share of the blame.  And...they were dumb plays.    Stop trying to defend him at all costs.  He made criticial mistakes and if you expect no criticism of Rondo for very impotant mistakes, you're going to be sorely disappointed.  

I make comments about ALL players, including Rondo.  The one I dislike the most is Terry and next is Bass.  Pierce is old - look at my comment about him.  But Rondo will not escape my criticism when he screws up, as well!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

more »

more »

Funny how Celtsfan disappears huh

I didn't disappear.  I went to sleep because I have to get up and go to work.  I guess I'm supposed to stay and post as long as YOU want me to?  I do have a life Other than this Board.

i never knew you could get so personal.  Now I know.   Don't criticize Rondo or you'll criticize the poster, huh?