Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Jeff Green has Luke Walton on him and he hasn't tried to exploit that mismatch. That's what I mean about not having that scorer's mentality.

Green is playing just the way he did when he got in here in Feb. of 2011.  Consistently inconsistent.

If you watch Green on offense all he does is stand out around the 3pt line....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Since we have no center why would Melo not be up here to get some experience?  This a .500 team how could playing Melo hurt us at this point?  At the very least he can run around and block a shot or two and grab a rebound.  Someone else must see this or maybe I just don't understand the C's game plan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

if AB was out there instead of Terry, the Celts would be taking over the game right now.  There's no place for Terry on this team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

Since we have no center why would Melo not be up here to get some experience?  This a .500 team how could playing Melo hurt us at this point?  At the very least he can run around and block a shot or two and grab a rebound.  Someone else must see this or maybe I just don't understand the C's game plan.

Unless he is being hidden so he can be traded. You are right.  How could he be worse than Collins?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

One of the many intractable problems on this team. Terry just has to find his game here or sit.  Who would want him the way he is playing?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I have a feeling about Green.  I think the team around him, specifically Rondo out front, our substandard or inexperienced SGs and team chemistry is negatively affecting his play.  He will blossom into a key contributor and a foundation of this team, once the trades are completed and we play for the Champiopnship next year!...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Unless he is being hidden so he can be traded. You are right.  How could he be worse than Collins?

I agree to some extent but sometimes you have to be careful with young players like Melo...you dont want to push him too fast because he could struggle and lose confidence... the bottom line is that Ainge needs to address the big man situation another way...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I have a feeling about Green.  I think the team around him, specifically Rondo out front, our substandard or inexperienced SGs and team chemistry is negatively affecting his play.  He will blossom into a key contributor and a foundation of this team, once the trades are completed and we play for the Champiopnship next year!...

Huh? I will wait for it to come someday as he is probably going nowhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I tend to agree... I also think that Terry is in the same boat... I dont think Docs offensive schemes work toward their strenghts..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Ill say it again...Pierce is awful...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Since we have no center why would Melo not be up here to get some experience?  This a .500 team how could playing Melo hurt us at this point?  At the very least he can run around and block a shot or two and grab a rebound.  Someone else must see this or maybe I just don't understand the C's game plan 

It just doesn't make sense to me.  This team is .500 and has no big man.  I am no rocket scientist but wtf.  Hidden in a trade?  I don't know.  If I am coaching this team I want all my weapons to try and win.  It would be different if the team was good but they aren't as they are currently constructed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Sully tapping into his inner Bird doing all the little things to dominate the game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Since we have no center why would Melo not be up here to get some experience?  This a .500 team how could playing Melo hurt us at this point?  At the very least he can run around and block a shot or two and grab a rebound.  Someone else must see this or maybe I just don't understand the C's game plan 

It just doesn't make sense to me.  This team is .500 and has no big man.  I am no rocket scientist but wtf.  Hidden in a trade?  I don't know.  If I am coaching this team I want all my weapons to try and win.  It would be different if the team was good but they aren't as they are currently constructed.

The team can win this game and still be in crisis.  I have not like much other than Sullinger tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

way to take the charge rondo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Paul Pierce is straight garbage.  He might hit for 29 Thursday against the Knicks (or maybe 14) but he is just straight garbage.  He's slow and very predictable.

His passes and his shots are so easily deflected.  And when he gets that wide open shot, he looks awkward shooting.  He even looks awkward on the foul line.

Pierce is an obstacle to this team's success.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Oh man...we got some old legs out there...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I agree to some extent but sometimes you have to be careful with young players like Melo...you dont want to push him too fast because he could struggle and lose confidence... the bottom line is that Ainge needs to address the big man situation another way...

We have no big man.  Whats to push.....give him a few minutes here and there and bring him along slow.  WE HAVE NO ONE RIGHT NOW.  I REPEAT NO ONE.  LISTEN D.A.  Get  big man or bring Melo up

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

that was pathetic,  no one to run the break with Rondo.  Green should be getting Pierces minutes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Irving steals the ball from Rondo.

Irving beats Rondo and makes layup

to give Cavs the lead...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Paul Pierce is straight garbage.  He might hit for 29 Thursday against the Knicks (or maybe 14) but he is just straight garbage.  He's slow and very predictable.

His passes and his shots are so easily deflected.  And when he gets that wide open shot, he looks awkward shooting.  He even looks awkward on the foul line.

Pierce is an obstacle to this team's success.

Sad to say I am with you on this... for every one good game he has 10 bad ones.... lets face it, he was there go to guy but he isnt that any longer... this team really has no go to guy which is a big problem  imo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

So was that Rondo being stupid and careless with the ball or Pierce's faul for his man being able to double team.  I think that was Rondo careless at an important moment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Do you have some inside info we don't know about? Playing for a championship next year? Do u believe Ainge will trade Rondo before the deadline?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow, Rondo...TWO stupid moves in a row.