Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

Did someone blame Rondo for the loss?? Some of you getting very defensive over RR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Despite Rondo's 17 points, 13 assists and 8 rebounds...he had the worst +/- differential on the Celtics tonight.  Thats what I'm tawkin about!!  He may compile impressive individual stats but he is just bad for the team.

His horrible D and 5 turnovers, including the two critical steals by Irving with the game tied in the final two minutes alone cost us this game.  

I really want this enigma moved.  In addition to his incomplete talent and inconsistency, his personality, lack of leadership, arrogance and stupidity is just not Celtic tradition.

Now, now...stats only count when they work in his favor

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Celtics now in past tense mode

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Rondo played well, Irving only scored 40

Rondo had a near triple double.  With Pierce and KG sucking, where do you expect his focus to be?

Anyone who blames Rondo for this loss is just a hater... is rondo perfect..nah but he does a lot of good things....this game is on Pierce mostly with KG not too far behind...

True!

KG and Pierce never made a FG in the last 5 mins of the 4th and KG was just lucky that the refs called a foul on Zeller when it was a clean block.

Lets get rid of KG and PP so Rondo can have some good players to win a title with

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Rondo was what's needed when kg, pp and ray were younger, a pass first point guard. When you look at his offensive stats you say wow this guy is really good but that's just part of the story. I am just amazed this highly rated guy can make every other apposing point guards look as good if not better. His lack of defensive mentality puts a lot of pressure on rest of the team. All the rondo supporters out there, cyou someone take the lead to put together a side by side comparison of rondo and apposing point guards stats in each game, I think it will open some of our eyes. As a side if you have nothing to add constructively just don't bother responding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Guess Docs intimidation speech didnt go over too well..

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I say we keep Melo, Bradley, Sully and I think they have to keep KG cause of his no trade clause...anyone else can go including Rondo but you better get at least 2 really good players for him if he is traded otherwise keep him.... the rest you can get rid of.... the only problem with this plan is that whats left no one probably wants...

Not many teams gonna give up real quality for a space cadet that brings it once in a while... DA already tried moving the princess before....

Listen, time passes and teams just have to rebuild.  And they have to collect assets.  A trade is not going to do it.  Razz on Rondo.  Fine.  But without KG and Pierce producing what can he do?  Does he need to be LeBron?  There is no other player who has been able to do a lot by himself.

The Celts should dip into lottery, trade for future, develop their young players and target next year and beyond.  With Rindo!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

top to bottom this team is awful right now, just make a trade already this is getting ridiculous

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Rondo had a near triple double.  With Pierce and KG sucking, where do you expect his focus to be?

Anyone who blames Rondo for this loss is just a hater... is rondo perfect..nah but he does a lot of good things....this game is on Pierce mostly with KG not too far behind...

It's his team now, he has to take over (saw Irving?), drive to the hoop. He doesn't do that very often. He isn't a player to build around, he's a good complementary piece but no building block and since the only sensible thing to do is to start over I'd say trade him and get some value in return.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Most important thing is Rondo got good stats tonight

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I say we keep Melo, Bradley, Sully and I think they have to keep KG cause of his no trade clause...anyone else can go including Rondo but you better get at least 2 really good players for him if he is traded otherwise keep him.... the rest you can get rid of.... the only problem with this plan is that whats left no one probably wants...

Not many teams gonna give up real quality for a space cadet that brings it once in a while... DA already tried moving the princess before....

Listen, time passes and teams just have to rebuild.  And they have to collect assets.  A trade is not going to do it.  Razz on Rondo.  Fine.  But without KG and Pierce producing what can he do?  Does he need to be LeBron?  There is no other player who has been able to do a lot by himself.

The Celts should dip into lottery, trade for future, develop their young players and target next year and beyond.  With Rindo!

Rondo leading young players? Not going to happen, he's only good when he's the 3 or 4th option on a team, not happening when we're rebuilding. And I don't think we'll be getting any stars soon. 

Fierce, Rondo and J-Smoove will make us another Atlanta. It's time to start over next season without any of the big 3.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

True!

KG and Pierce never made a FG in the last 5 mins of the 4th and KG was just lucky that the refs called a foul on Zeller when it was a clean block.

Lets get rid of KG and PP so Rondo can have some good players to win a title with

Yes! That's the right thing to do.

Pierce can be let go in the summer because his contract is not guaranteed.

If the Celtics can move 2 of the 4(Bass, Green, Lee, and Terry) the Celtics can go after a big name FA like Josh Smith or Al Jefferson.

That was sarcasm Fierce.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

id look to trade pierce now to a contender hes gta have some decent value this team clearly isnt going anywhere with him so at least if we trade him we wouldnt lose him for nothing this summer

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The chemistry that helped define and make the sum of the C's better than the parts is gone at this point.  The communication breakdown between both coach and player and among the  players themselves is painfully obvious by their record.  Age is a factor, but it's not the first cause of their demise this season. Last few seasons, C's have exceeded expectations.  Now it's the opposite.

Getting rid of Doc, trading players, are both valid options at this point.

Nobody seems to be on the same page on this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Wait!!

for the second time with less than 2:30 left:

Irving steals the ball from Rondo AGAIN.

Irving for a layup AGAIN!!!

PLEASE TRADE THIS OVER-RATED RONDO 

Give me a break ....this is Rondo's fault?? Have you been watching the same game? If you want to blame anyone  look at Pierce or KG for that matter... neither one can hit a shot if their life depended on it...

Why defend Rondo?  He's playing HORRIBLE D and making stupid plays while Pierce is playing like he's my grandmother's age and KG is having a "ok" game but not playing to where we need him and Terry is AWOL AGAIN and Green is goin through the motions, only, etc, etc, etc.

Its not Rondo's fault, but I ain't praising him, either!   They ALL stink.  Sully and Bradley are the only keepers in the whole lot.  

Triple Pond Water.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

but werent we a real contender last week?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

I'll be keeping my eye on the roster.  It will be different soon.  No question abou that  now, IMO.

Not if other teams know we have nothing to really trade.  You think we, the fans, are the only ones seeing how worthless and old these guys are?

25. This post has been removed.