Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One:
    [QUOTE]Wow, the ref CAN count to 3 Hate to say it but this one's a classic Stern bag job
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

What do you know, C's fans are calling out the refs and Stern and how they're conspiring against them.  lmao

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One": Good observation. They were giving us nothing but dumb shots and not hustling. Sasha fumbling the ball, Dooling lost......and the Atlanta lead was growing. At one point Dooling didn't even run down court on a fast breat....then when he finally caught up, Rondo gave him the ball and he did a whirling fall away jumper with someone's hand inhis face. Pathetic. Doc did the right thing by going back to the starters back and that's how we came back. If he hadn't done that, we get blown out. There's a reason why Sasha, Williams, and Hollis were released by other teams this year or last yr and why Dooling an Daniels were available for vet minimums - nobody else wants them! Steamer is a real find but even he is a NBDL player. Our bench is just "rag tag" guys.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Sasha was with us last year as was Daniels the prior 2-3 years coming off injury. Williams just returned from Europe and Dooling has always been in Danny Ainge's crosshairs for some reason. And don't forget, Bass was supposed to be KG's backup until KG moved permanently to C.

Give credit to the Hawks too ... they had our starters scrambling as well. They anticipated passes, got in the passing lanes, picked some off and deflected others. They hustled to get in the shooters face and were very active on defense. We looked rattled and threw balls away, dropped rebounds and had to shoot quickly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Bummer of a game!  I hear the criticism of the refs but I thought that the bad calls evened out.  The Celts were desperate for calls towards the end.  Rondo shouldn't have lost his cool.  I believe that he will get a game suspension.

The game was won by Atlanta.  They made critical shots.  Josh Smith and Teague.  The Celts did not.  Even missed free throws.

The Celts need to believe in themselves again and for that, they need a good game from Bradley.  AB stunk it up a bit along with others.  First time playoff jitters I suppose.  But he better get something going now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo was wrong and hurt the team. But the ref was wronger for making such a dumb azz call and killing a thrilling playoff game for the NBA and its fans. Instead of a Celtics furious come back win, or Atlanta holds them off, it was about the ref, Rondo, etc.,  and that was that, what an abortion. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

No need to panic guys. Doc gave the guys time off to recover from their injuries. They were cold today. No big deal. It's only one game. As badly as Boston played they were still within 4 points of winning when that bonehead ref failed to call a jump ball. Boston stormed back from a 19 point deficit. I think Atlanta will be toast from here on. Anyone who thinks that this series is over after one game is not only bad at math but completely ignorant of basketball. Don't forget guys this Atlanta team is the same one that almost got beat by Boston's reserves. As for me, I am not worried one bit. Boston will be back and win this series. Y'all have a good one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE] As badly as Boston played they were still within 4 points of winning when that bonehead ref failed to call a jump ball.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Keep on blaming the ref kid cause we all believe ya!! Lmao.

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Keep on blaming the ref kid cause we all believe ya!! Lmao.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

If you don't believe that the game was up in the air when the ref blew the call then I'd have to say that you are probably as smart as that dumb *ss that said that the Celtics were going to be afraid of the Celtics...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Josh Smith played a real sweet game; hats off to him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]No need to panic guys. Doc gave the guys time off to recover from their injuries. They were cold today. No big deal. It's only one game. As badly as Boston played they were still within 4 points of winning when that bonehead ref failed to call a jump ball. Boston stormed back from a 19 point deficit. I think Atlanta will be toast from here on. Anyone who thinks that this series is over after one game is not only bad at math but completely ignorant of basketball. Don't forget guys this Atlanta team is the same one that almost got beat by Boston's reserves. As for me, I am not worried one bit. Boston will be back and win this series. Y'all have a good one.

I guess you're not very good at statistics.  Did you go to college? Home teams that win the first game of the series go on to WIN the series 80% of the time! Of course the series is not over with yet, but those are pretty steep odds. Have a good day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

...wait a minute! that was you!! Boston was flat, no big deal. It happens. Mark my word. Boston will win this series and you will go back to hiding under your rock just like you do everytime the lakers lose.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : If you don't believe that the game was up in the air when the ref blew the call then I'd have to say that you are probably as smart as that dumb *ss that said that the Celtics were going to be afraid of the Celtics...

I'm feeling ya pain dawg, the world knows the refs handed the Hawks this one.

Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : He never gained control moron. it never should have been called.  Ever. it was one of the worst calls ever made. As Shaq, Kenny and Charles all ex players pointed out. Now you are obviously to stupid too follow basketball so why don't you go to a laker board where you belong.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Is not a loose ball foul?
    Loose Ball Foul - A basketball foul committed while neither team has possession of the ball (such as when going for a rebound).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : I guess you're not very good at statistics.  Did you go to college? Home teams that win the first game of the series go on to WIN the series 80% of the time! Of course the series is not over with yet, but those are pretty steep odds. Have a good day!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about you trolls and I have said it many times before, you laker trolls are the worst fans in the world. Absolute scum. When the lakers win you y'all talk more trash than any fans but when the lakers lose y'all disappear. H*ll y'all even throw beer cans at the very team that y'all worship. I remember back in '08 comparing you trolls to an annoying little chihuahua that barks up a storm until you start chasing it and that d*ng thing runs away with it's tail between it's legs until it gets a safe distance away from you. Once it feels safe it turns around and starts barking again. That little dog is a laker troll. That little dog is you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : I'm feeling ya pain dawg, the world knows the refs handed the Hawks this one.

Keep writing Elven, your ignorance amuses me. I have one favor to ask of you: come up with a better line. You have overused "I'm feeling ya pain dawg." Surely a 14 year old like yourself can come up with something better. That's the only line you ever use. I know that you are a bit slow perhaps borderline ret*rd*d, but surely you can google a better line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : I'm feelin ya pain dawg but just for you a new line.....I'm feelin ya pain dawgie!
    Corky, you disappoint me!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

oh well, life goes on, right Elven?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Corky, you disappoint me!

I guess that's one thing I share with your Boston Celtics huh!

Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The only thing that I am aware of that you share with Boston Celtics fans is the amount of time that you spend on a Celtics Board!! You kinda lost your way home, didn't ya?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing that I am aware of that you share with Boston Celtics fans is the amount of time that you spend on a Celtics Board!! You kinda lost your way home, didn't ya?

Keepin it real dawg, keepin it real.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

my apologies to all persons with downs syndrome, I am so sorry to compare you to that idiot elven!! I apologize from the bottom of my heart. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

hahaha, no seriously i had better stop. I like getting into elven's head as much as he likes to try to get into the heads of Celtic fans. I am going now. Y'all all have a good one. ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]hahaha, no seriously i had better stop. I like getting into elven's head as much as he likes to try to get into the heads of Celtic fans. I am going now. Y'all all have a good one. ;)

Nite dawg, sleep well!

Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]hahaha, no seriously i had better stop. I like getting into elven's head as much as he likes to try to get into the heads of Celtic fans. I am going now. Y'all all have a good one. ;)

He is one of the most annoying posters that we have had on this site in a long-time.  I have him on ignore, so that I don't have to read his constant insulting posts and won't be tempted to respond to him. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo made a serious bonehead mistake. Cant get a Tech with a 4 point game and little time remaining. Thats just a plain GAG!! Then to bump the ref means Rondo is a major head case that cant control his emotions.

Please stop with the lame excuses that he tripped.. Clearly Rondo added a little body check into that bump. If he didnt do that, he prob doesnt get suspended. BUT, Rondo did add the slight body check and its clear as can be. 

Very simply, Rondo cost us a chance of winning a playoff game with his latest tantrum and will be lost to us next game.

Someone remarked about how AB now realizes its tougher to score in the playoffs. However, AB struggled not because of tough Hawk playoff defense.... His struggle was missing so many wide open shots!

PP just had an awful shooting night. A couple times he launched what would have been huge 3 pointers that would have really given us momentum and added big time pressure to the Hawks... he just wasnt on his game.

Was it the rest that contributed to the C's bad game? Seems to be the case alot of times in other sports....but wo really knows.  Doc makes the decisions and its his responsibility to make sure his team is mentally  ready to compete.  Didnt work out last night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Before the series started i had the celts in five....seems like I was too optimistic,like pretty much everybody else. I'm actually worried about this series now. Of course we can turn it around, but it's not going to be easy with Rondo out (no way he's not going to be suspended; just hope it will only be one game) and Ray likely out or struggling to make any impact. Some posters believe we'll turn it around easily. What's that based on? Later in the series Pachulia and even Horford may be back for the hawks.
    It's going to be hard!