Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : standing up to that P.O.S ref..... the ref knows he f'ed up and then he adds on to it by giving rondo a T for being upset with the horrible call....it all led to rondo bumping into him....
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    It was a horrible call, I couldn't agree more. Rondo lost his cool and got the first tech. Unfortunate, but understandable under the circumstances.

What's stupid is getting the second tech and automatic ejection in a game we were still in. What's inexcusable is bumping the ref, which puts his status for Game Two at serious risk. If I were a betting man, I'd bet we'll be without him. The rules are pretty specific about this. Our only hope is the trip thing.

I'm a Rondo guy, as Fierce certainly knows.  But what a bone-headed move by a guy who's been around long enough to know better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from McHale2Bird. Show McHale2Bird's posts

Adios compadres! Here is to the Celtics tying this series up Tuesday night with or without Rondo on the court.

Cheers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One :   You're obviously an LA hack.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]
    A guy who calls himself McHale2Bird is an LA hack?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Smith gained control of the ball and Bass hit Smith in the arms while he was throwing the ball. The referee was right there are rightfully called a foul.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Smith gained control of the ball and Bass hit Smith in the arms while he was throwing the ball. The referee was right there are rightfully called a foul.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

It was not a foul he initated the contact moron.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : It was a horrible call, I couldn't agree more. Rondo lost his cool and got the first tech. Unfortunate, but understandable under the circumstances. What's stupid is getting the second tech and automatic ejection in a game we were still in. What's inexcusable is bumping the ref, which puts his status for Game Two at serious risk. If I were a betting man, I'd bet we'll be without him. The rules are pretty specific about this. Our only hope is the trip thing. I'm a Rondo guy, as Fierce certainly knows.  But what a bone-headed move by a guy who's been around long enough to know better.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

i know many will feel it was a bone-headed play by rondo....and i understand that, but i like what he did. if he gets suspended for a game, it may hurt the team, but it also make each of them understand that they all have to play good to win

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I kept reading post after post that we didn't shoot badly, 40% to 39%, and foul shots and turnovers were fairly even and, yup, we didn't make a 3.

BUT WE LOST FOR THE REASON WE MOST ALWAYS LOSE, REBOUNDS 50 TO 41 SO THEY HAD 9 EXTRA CHANCES TO MAKE 18PTS OR 27 IF THEY MAKE 3s(HA!)

By the way, I don't feel Rondo should get suspended---watch the replay, he was following the ref to continue to discuss the play & tripped on the ref's foot & fell forward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Smith gained control of the ball and Bass hit Smith in the arms while he was throwing the ball. The referee was right there are rightfully called a foul.

and you just continue to prove that you are an idiot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Nothing shameful about what I wrote. You need to refer to what I was responding to before passing judgment. There is no excuse for what Rondo did when bumping the referee. That could have very well cost us game 2. It is all about emotions and he did not control his.
    Posted by McHale2Bird[/QUOTE]

when the reff made that horrible call that is never made in that situation ever, then t'd up Rondo because he said something to him, he essentially ended the game.  

It is juvenile for a reff to act that way in a close playoff game at the end.  when a guy can be that lousy, and you can't even say something to him, or excuse me, LeBron and others can but if you're Rondo you can't, he needs a little nub.  Cause that's just a low down and dirty shame if Rondo is supposed to have no feeling while being cheated and then thank the hack official for doing a lousy job.

whatever, it's game one and the Celts will be stronger as a team for getting through this series with or without Rondo.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]I kept reading post after post that we didn't shoot badly, 40% to 39%, and foul shot and turnovers were fairly even and, yup, we didn't make a 3. BUT WE LOST FOR THE REAON WE MOST ALWAYS LOSE, REBOUNDS 50 TO 41 SO THEY HAD 9 EXTRA CHANCES TO MAKE 18PTS OR 27 IF THEY MAKE 3s(HA!)
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

sloppy play in the first half did them in....they actually won the 2nd half but it was too little too late, and some of the calls killed any hope they had of coming back

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

This was a hilarious quote from Doc:

"Rondo walked toward Marc, Marc turned around, they bumped. It was both. Marc turned toward Rondo, they bumped into each other." Doc Rivers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : It was not a foul he initated the contact moron.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Moron, Smith had the ball and was throwing the ball.
    It was a foul and was called a foul.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : You are obviously mistaken, but whatever.
    Posted by McHale2Bird[/QUOTE]

O.K., perhaps I am

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

He never gained control moron. it never should have been called.  Ever. it was one of the worst calls ever made. As Shaq, Kenny and Charles all ex players pointed out. Now you are obviously to stupid too follow basketball so why don't you go to a laker board where you belong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : and you just continue to prove that you are an idiot
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I guess the truth hurts.

The referee was 10 feet away from the foul.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Moron, Smith had the ball and was throwing the ball. It was a foul and was called a foul.

No you  drooling idiot. he never gained control.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : He never gained control moron. it never should have been called.  Ever. it was one of the worst calls ever made. As Shaq, Kenny and Charles all ex players pointed out. Now you are obviously to stupid too follow basketball so why don't you go to a laker board where you belong.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

eh..i think wen they look at the play and see Rondo trip they might understand he didnt intentionally bump the ref..i rlly dont know that he will get suspended for even one game..2 is out of the question..zero chance it happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from McHale2Bird. Show McHale2Bird's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One :  O.K., perhaps I am
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

No problem. We are all a bit frustrated at this point. The Celts will come back and get this series.

Cheers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

It's funny that nobody has brought up Boston's 4 points from the bench.
    Or getting out-rebounded again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny that nobody has brought up Boston's 4 points from the bench. Or getting out-rebounded again.

Well, our best bench player was injured. moron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

josh smith is a pr ick.....he said it was "definitely a foul"......yep well good for you josh, you still wont ever win a ring

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]eh..i think wen they look at the play and see Rondo trip they might understand he didnt intentionally bump the ref..i rlly dont know that he will get suspended for even one game..2 is out of the question..zero chance it happens.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Being suspended earlier this season for an issue with a referee might hurt Rondo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Being suspended earlier this season for an issue with a referee might hurt Rondo.

this is possible, but only when they consider suspending him for one game or not suspending him at all.....a two game suspension is out of question because there is reasonable doubt that he tripped over bass and his momentum carried him into the ref...obviously he didnt do anything to avoid bumping into the ref, and that may be why he is suspended one game

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bwilson29. Show Bwilson29's posts

The Hawks came to play like they always do in the playoffs. Rondo was wrong for bumping the refs and now the Celtics will suffer because of his actions. Atlanta is a tough team for us, always has been and always will be. I know yall didnt think my Hawks would be cake walk. Atlanta in the Playoffs is a hard team to beat!