Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

In response to genaro008's comment:

Green needs to start with sully time to do whats best. PP is not going to take it well at 1st but he needs to sit and come off bench no more then 20 a game.

At least Ray did the honorably thing for the team and said "go ahead and start Bradley, Doc".  Pierce is not that honorable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

The big difference in PP and KG is that Pierce is supposed to be the go to scorer and if he isnt that then he provides nothing to this team.... KG at least can rebound and play D

I agree but why would KG come back for another humiliating season?

I can give you 11million reasons....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

KG doesn't do this solely for money.

By the way, is the amnesty option gone after last season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

I was joking!!!!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Money is something but I am not sure that the amount is that big a deal for KG after what he has earned.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Can KG renegotiate his contract?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I really do blame this loss on Doc for many reasons the most blatant of which is not keeping in the guys who were playing well in Green, Lee and Terry... Terry finally looks like he had a good stroke and what happens? Doc finally puts him back in the 2nd overtime when all was lost... Green the same thing... I really think Doc has no clue what to do and the players know it which is why they have no confidence...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

OKC still has a lot of young players like Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones III. They're in a win now situation.

Paul Pierce is an upgrade over Kevin Martin. There's no denying that.

Pierce does not play 2, not necessary a Kevin Martin upgrade.  And he will be a rental for a year at the end of the career, might not even help them that much the way he is regressing.  You want to risk a good #1 for that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

That's why trade Pierce to OKC so that Ainge can get OKC's lottery pick from Toronto.

Maybe but Sam Presti is pretty smart.  That pick could be a gold mine.

OKC still has a lot of young players like Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones III. They're in a win now situation.

Why would OKC break up what they have? they are the best team in the league and you want to throw off the whole chemistry by having an egocentric guy like Pierce on their team?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

That's why trade Pierce to OKC so that Ainge can get OKC's lottery pick from Toronto.

Maybe but Sam Presti is pretty smart.  That pick could be a gold mine.

I doubt OKC would do that trade. They have a good thing going over there and their management is to smart to know not to mess with a good thing, and why would they want Pierce? Yes I agree talent wise he is an upgrade over Kevin Martin but system wise he isnt. All Pierce would do is demand the ball more than Kevin Martin does, taking away shots from Westbrook and Durant, and if im OKC I'd rather keep my lottery pick and watch Durant take over games instead of bringing in Pierce and watching him try to take shots away from Durant and Westbrook and risking messing with their chemistry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Money is something but I am not sure that the amount is that big a deal for KG after what he has earned.

Oh really. If that's the case then why did he ask for 11m per year instead of 5m per year?

+1 good point

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I really do blame this loss on Doc for many reasons the most blatant of which is not keeping in the guys who were playing well in Green, Lee and Terry... Terry finally looks like he had a good stroke and what happens? Doc finally puts him back in the 2nd overtime when all was lost... Green the same thing... I really think Doc has no clue what to do and the players know it which is why they have no confidence...

Green was in the game in the 4th qtr. He replaced Sully. But Green tried to SMASH the board with the ball when he faked a 3 and took 2 dribbles to SMASH the board with the ball. Doc yanked him after that.

Yeah but how many minutes? As to that issue, if I were Doc Id be pulling PP for being useless before Id do that to Green for a stupid little thing

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Oh really. If that's the case then why did he ask for 11m per year instead of 5m per year?

Because they came right from being in the finals and very closed to winning it all.  Now it is all entirely different situation now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Celtics can only amnesty 3 players, Rondo, Bradley, and Pierce after this season.

Bye bye Pierce....fingers crossed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Because they came right from being in the finals and very closed to winning it all.  Now it is all entirely different situation now.

Yeah but they didnt get to the finals, and didnt win it. If he really didnt care about money he would have realized they were close last year but not good enough, therefore signed for less money so DA good get us the necessary pieces to get us to the finals, and win it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Pierce will play well if he's on a team like OKC.

Will a 3-way trade between OKC-BOS-UTA work?

OKC - Pierce

UTA - Martin - 1st rd pick

BOS - Big Al

No way!

We can sign Big Al in the offseason if Ainge clears cap space.

Pierce for Kevin Martin, Maynor, and OKC's lottery pick from Toronto.

We need that lottery pick.

If the Celtics trade Pierce and blow it up, the Celtics could end up with 2 lottery picks. Team rebuild overnight.

Insert Big Al in place of Bass and JG in place of PP things could get intersting in Boston!

Remember, the experts are saying this years draft is WEAK!! High draft picks carry no guarantees! Ask Sam Bowie, Greg Oden, K. Brown, etc.

Even if we get Big Al, it doesn't mean we're going to the Finals.

A temporary fix is not the solution. Why try making the playoffs as the 8th or 7th when we all know it will just end badly.

Jeff Green can never be as good as a younger Paul Pierce.

Remember, most likely we wll be facing Lebron, Carmelo, Rose, and Durant if the Celtics get in the playoffs. There's just no way the Celtics can beat all of them.

Lebron, Carmelo, Rose, and Durant are going to be around for the next 10-years! The Cs will have to deal with these guys for quite sometime, in and out of the playoffs.

A high draft pick in a WEAK draft guarantees the Cs nothing!

Big Al is a sure thing, and he would give the Cs a legitmate low post scorer and rebounder for years to come! In addition, the Cs would still have their 1st round pick!

25. This post has been removed.