Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

In response to celtic213's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Oh really. If that's the case then why did he ask for 11m per year instead of 5m per year?

Because they came right from being in the finals and very closed to winning it all.  Now it is all entirely different situation now.

Yeah but they didnt get to the finals, and didnt win it. If he really didnt care about money he would have realized they were close last year but not good enough, therefore signed for less money so DA good get us the necessary pieces to get us to the finals, and win it.

His salary did not matter much in terms of cap.  It would not have made that much of a difference if he sign for 5 mils instead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

That's why trade Pierce to OKC so that Ainge can get OKC's lottery pick from Toronto.

Maybe but Sam Presti is pretty smart.  That pick could be a gold mine.

OKC still has a lot of young players like Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones III. They're in a win now situation.

Paul Pierce is an upgrade over Kevin Martin. There's no denying that.

I doubt OKC would do that trade. They have a good thing going over there and their management is to smart to know not to mess with a good thing, and why would they want Pierce? Yes I agree talent wise he is an upgrade over Kevin Martin but system wise he isnt. All Pierce would do is demand the ball more than Kevin Martin does, taking away shots from Westbrook and Durant, and if im OKC I'd rather keep my lottery pick and watch Durant take over games instead of bringing in Pierce and watching him try to take shots away from Durant and Westbrook and risking messing with their chemistry.

The Heat just won a championship and the first thing they do is give away all their available money to Ray Allen.

Right now OKC is not good enough to beat the Heat. The Heat beat OKC last Christmas. If the Thunder stand pat and don't upgrade their team, then it's a Heat repeat.

I do not agree... OKC have as much team speed and athleticism and they at least have some bigs...Miami has no big except Bosh and he plays like a guard

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I agree, it is no way an automatic win for the Heat against OKC in the finals.  Pierce may help but he could just be sulking like he is here in Boston with less touch.  And Pierce is not a spot up shooter, how could he handle not getting the ball that much?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I really do blame this loss on Doc for many reasons the most blatant of which is not keeping in the guys who were playing well in Green, Lee and Terry... Terry finally looks like he had a good stroke and what happens? Doc finally puts him back in the 2nd overtime when all was lost... Green the same thing... I really think Doc has no clue what to do and the players know it which is why they have no confidence...

Green was in the game in the 4th qtr. He replaced Sully. But Green tried to SMASH the board with the ball when he faked a 3 and took 2 dribbles to SMASH the board with the ball. Doc yanked him after that.

Yeah but how many minutes? As to that issue, if I were Doc Id be pulling PP for being useless before Id do that to Green for a stupid little thing

How many times in the past have we seen Ray stink the whole game and suddenly he hits the game winning shot in the end. 

Come on, man, in the clutch, Pierce is light years ahead of Green.

Was light years ahead of Green in the clutch. Clearly not this year, and youll never know how good Jeff Green is in the clutch if hes on the bench, but what we do know is Pierce is not getting it done anymore.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Oh really. If that's the case then why did he ask for 11m per year instead of 5m per year?

Because they came right from being in the finals and very closed to winning it all.  Now it is all entirely different situation now.

Yeah but they didnt get to the finals, and didnt win it. If he really didnt care about money he would have realized they were close last year but not good enough, therefore signed for less money so DA good get us the necessary pieces to get us to the finals, and win it.

His salary did not matter much in terms of cap.  It would not have made that much of a difference if he sign for 5 mils instead.

It would have because it would have given the Celtics more wiggle room. 

Right now the Celts are at 71.5m. If KG had signed for 5m per year then Ainge would have had more flexibility in making trades.

Yes, maybe now, but then?  Everything was slotted, Ainge just had to resign what he had and add a couple of strategic players.  There was already talk of KG retiring, I don't think 5 millions was even in anybody's mind.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Pierce will play well if he's on a team like OKC.

Will a 3-way trade between OKC-BOS-UTA work?

OKC - Pierce

UTA - Martin - 1st rd pick

BOS - Big Al

No way!

We can sign Big Al in the offseason if Ainge clears cap space.

Pierce for Kevin Martin, Maynor, and OKC's lottery pick from Toronto.

We need that lottery pick.

If the Celtics trade Pierce and blow it up, the Celtics could end up with 2 lottery picks. Team rebuild overnight.

Insert Big Al in place of Bass and JG in place of PP things could get intersting in Boston!

Remember, the experts are saying this years draft is WEAK!! High draft picks carry no guarantees! Ask Sam Bowie, Greg Oden, K. Brown, etc.

Even if we get Big Al, it doesn't mean we're going to the Finals.

A temporary fix is not the solution. Why try making the playoffs as the 8th or 7th when we all know it will just end badly.

Jeff Green can never be as good as a younger Paul Pierce.

Remember, most likely we wll be facing Lebron, Carmelo, Rose, and Durant if the Celtics get in the playoffs. There's just no way the Celtics can beat all of them.

Lebron, Carmelo, Rose, and Durant are going to be around for the next 10-years! The Cs will have to deal with these guys for quite sometime, in and out of the playoffs.

A high draft pick in a WEAK draft guarantees the Cs nothing!

Big Al is a sure thing, and he would give the Cs a legitmate low post scorer and rebounder for years to come! In addition, the Cs would still have their 1st round pick!

Sure Lebron, Carmelo, Rose, and Durant will be still be around or the next 10 years. But their current supporting cast won't. Wade and Tyson Chandler will be 33 in 2015.

Again, I'm not against getting Big Al. Just get him via free-agency.

And a high draft pick, #5 in 2007, was what propelled the new Big 3 era. Celts trade #5 pick for Ray Allen then boom! 

I certainly see your point! Big Al and a draft pick!

No wonder DA is looking older by the day! There are some tough decisions to be made!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

I really do blame this loss on Doc for many reasons the most blatant of which is not keeping in the guys who were playing well in Green, Lee and Terry... Terry finally looks like he had a good stroke and what happens? Doc finally puts him back in the 2nd overtime when all was lost... Green the same thing... I really think Doc has no clue what to do and the players know it which is why they have no confidence...

Green was in the game in the 4th qtr. He replaced Sully. But Green tried to SMASH the board with the ball when he faked a 3 and took 2 dribbles to SMASH the board with the ball. Doc yanked him after that.

Yeah but how many minutes? As to that issue, if I were Doc Id be pulling PP for being useless before Id do that to Green for a stupid little thing

How many times in the past have we seen Ray stink the whole game and suddenly he hits the game winning shot in the end. 

Waslight years ahead of Green in the clutch. Clearly not this year, and youll never know how good Jeff Green is in the clutch if hes on the bench, but what we do know is Pierce is not getting it done anymore.

I'm referring to when Jeff Green was with OKC when it comes to Jeff Green in the clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcGVTg3oJw8

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

The famous quote of the day, "don't worry guys!"  Who needs to be fired Doc, Danny or both?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I agree, it is no way an automatic win for the Heat against OKC in the finals.  Pierce may help but he could just be sulking like he is here in Boston with less touch.  And Pierce is not a spot up shooter, how could he handle not getting the ball that much?

Pierce is more of a spot up shooter than Ray. Remember, Pierce shoots the 3 using a set shot, not a jump shot.

Whether Pierce fits in or not, OKC can't go into the playoffs with Kevin Martin. He's a downgrade over Harden.

Can't?  Again, Pierce does not replace Martin.  They are 2 different players playing 2 different position.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

Stupid nobs!  This team needs an overhaul now rather than later!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It would have because it would have given the Celtics more wiggle room. 

Right now the Celts are at 71.5m. If KG had signed for 5m per year then Ainge would have had more flexibility in making trades.

Yes, maybe now, but then?  Everything was slotted, Ainge just had to resign what he had and add a couple of strategic players.  There was already talk of KG retiring, I don't think 5 millions was even in anybody's mind.

Like I said, the primary issue here is about KG and his need for money. 

Shaq was offered more money by other teams, but he signed for the vet's minimum with the Celtics in 2010.

Not sure I agree.  I don't think money has much to do with it.  KG is going to be paid reasonably well no matter what.  He is not coming back or go anywhere for 5 millions, just not in the cards.  Shaq was not offered a lot more than minimum, I don't think.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Waslight years ahead of Green in the clutch. Clearly not this year, and youll never know how good Jeff Green is in the clutch if hes on the bench, but what we do know is Pierce is not getting it done anymore.

I'm referring to when Jeff Green was with OKC when it comes to Jeff Green in the clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcGVTg3oJw8

Come on, man, that's a 20-foot bank shot. That was a lucky shot. 

How many more videos of Jeff Green hitting a game winning shot do you have?

None. Hes got one in college but all im trying to say is Pierce is clearly the better clutch peformer if you look at his legacy but if you look at recent history hes not I love Pierce and everything hes done but its time for him to step aside and lets see if someone else can do it. Im not saying Jeff can im just saying he cant do any worse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Pierce is more of a spot up shooter than Ray. Remember, Pierce shoots the 3 using a set shot, not a jump shot.

Whether Pierce fits in or not, OKC can't go into the playoffs with Kevin Martin. He's a downgrade over Harden.

Can't?  Again, Pierce does not replace Martin.  They are 2 different players playing 2 different position.

C- Ibaka

PF - Durant

SF - Pierce

SG - Sefalosha

PG - Westbrook

vs.

C - Bosh

PF - Lebron

SF - Battier

SG - Wade

PG - Chalmers

Or save their #1 and possibly have a better team for longer period of time in the future.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

Is being on the road in the playoffs for the first round a good thing for the Celtics?  Answer is NO!  Dump at deadline no while value is there!!!