Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe how good Rondo n Ray were at the beginning of the season... thats crazy to me Rondo at one point was in talks with the top PGs in the game ... and Ray was a 3 point machine..... what the h ell happened
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Rondo was NEVER one of the top PG in the league. All of those guys can distribute AND shoot the jumper-and they can hit their FTs. Rondo is a good distributor when he has his head in the game rather than up his butt; he is a good rebounder-but he is the ONLY PG that I can think of in the league who has no jumpshot and cannot shoot FTs. Those two negatives wash out all his positive points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : That is a really good question.  I miss it. 
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

As they say, 'you don't know what you have got until its gone'.

Bench was slaughtered today, backcourt ineffective.  I am not going to single out individuals but this team has a ceiling on it and we have already hit that ceiling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

With all due respect, I don't think we've hit any ceiling.  I think it's all mental.  Which can be just as bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]With all due respect, I don't think we've hit any ceiling.  I think it's all mental.  Which can be just as bad.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you. Losing is contagious as is winning. Right now these guys are down on themselves. They are playing as if they have never played with each other. This Celtic team is loaded with talent, they are just not playing as if they are. The thing is that it can all change with the return of Shaq (if that happens). The embarassment that we all feel right now could quickly disappear if he comes back healthy and effective. Unfortunately, Boston won't get more than 25 minutes out of him. That leaves JON, Krstic (who can't play defense), and that gun slinging Big Baby from Louisiana(who can't shoot). I wish Ainge hadn't given Erden away...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I just checked in the Celtics blog.com  forums and lots of Celtics fans are tired of BBD and especially Rondo.  People there want to trade Rondo cause he is not the franchise player we think he is.  I agree with them as well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : I agree with you. Losing is contagious as is winning. Right now these guys are down on themselves. They are playing as if they have never played with each other. This Celtic team is loaded with talent, they are just not playing as if they are. The thing is that it can all change with the return of Shaq (if that happens). The embarassment that we all feel right now could quickly disappear if he comes back healthy and effective. Unfortunately, Boston won't get more than 25 minutes out of him. That leaves JON, Krstic (who can't play defense), and that gun slinging Big Baby from Louisiana(who can't shoot). I wish Ainge hadn't given Erden away...
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE

lol  funny.  Thanks for the laugh with your analysis of BBD as that gun slinging form Louisiana who cant shoot.  Funny sheet ,  I needed that after this embarrasing loss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

And Doc just sits there with his hands on his head....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Our starters vs their starters

Celtics 65 Heat 68

Our bench vs their bench.

Cetics 12 Heat 32

Delonte West led the way with ZERO Points in 17 minutes and a whopping -25 on the + - scale.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : I agree with you. Losing is contagious as is winning. Right now these guys are down on themselves. They are playing as if they have never played with each other. This Celtic team is loaded with talent, they are just not playing as if they are. The thing is that it can all change with the return of Shaq (if that happens). The embarassment that we all feel right now could quickly disappear if he comes back healthy and effective. Unfortunately, Boston won't get more than 25 minutes out of him. That leaves JON, Krstic (who can't play defense), and that gun slinging Big Baby from Louisiana(who can't shoot). I wish Ainge hadn't given Erden away...
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Once again, you are right on the mark.  I think it's the obvious talent on this team that makes these losses so unbearable.  On paper, we should have won 10 more games this year than we actually have.  And if we're smart, we're not going to try winning the next two.  Just give some of the subs a chance to start - and play - and let the Big 4 really ponder whether THIS is the way we want to go out, after what we accomplished and suffered last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]And Doc just sits there with his hands on his head....
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Not exactly true. He did tell them to keep it simple

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I am tired of DA and the Celtics drafting these undersized power forwards like BBD, Harangody, Brandon Hunter, except for Powe.  Powe was a beast inside unlike BBD and had a better offensive game.  Too bad for the injuries

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Young teams (Miami, Chicago) think they need to prove something and send a message at the end of the regular season.  Do you really think the Celtic big 3  think they have something to prove during the regular season?  The Celtic players 30 and over have proved themselves many many times in the past.  They may not think they need to do it anymore.  They are seasoned confident veterans.  They know what they can and can't do, going into the Playoffs.  I wouldn't worry.  I think the Celtics will be highly competitive in the postseason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

You always bring a lot of perspective to this board, Cavaliersfan.  It's really a pleasure to get your insights.  It's just so hard for us to watch our team get torn apart by these younger, confident, arrogant teams.  But the real season starts next week and that's when we'll finally get to see our Celtics with something to play for.  Thanks again for your posts! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Our starters vs their starters Celtics 65 Heat 68 Our bench vs their bench. Cetics 12 Heat 32 Delonte West led the way with ZERO Points in 17 minutes and a whopping -25 on the + - scale.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

We should be embarassed by that stat.  They have one of the worst benches in basketball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]We played worse last year, got blown out by 30 near end of season... I know many will point towards that and say...dont worry, we'll turn it on again... Well, we have seen flashes of great play but thats about it... Every team has flashes of it.  Even though we got blown out... our starters still put in big minutes once again. General carelessness and sloppiness with the ball but I have to give the Heat some credit... they hustled and tried deflecting every pass.. Rondo was a disaster... trying some hot dog passes early, ridiculous attempts at layups and just about nothing else. Add Pierce to the list of careless with the ball... Doc said it btw the 1st & 2nd quarter... we were doing well keeping it simple then a couple guys got it in their heads to make some homerun passes and fancy lane passes that didnt connect... and the snowball built momentum. I can get all over BBD today... sorry... how many times was the shot clock winding down when they tossed him the ball in the post... He looked to pass but nobody was there, he was forced to go 1on1 ... at least the guy busted his tail hustling...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I think you are right on every point you just made!!