Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : that's my move, concord, i unapologetically respond to other folks comments. but non-objective? hmmm, didn't really see that coming.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    Someone like you who cherry picks doesn't see the lack of objectivity.  You are a good poster, but if you can't acknowledge the importance of seven missed layups in the last period of an important game you aren 't being objective.  Can I admit Rondo played a great game in the first three periods and overtime of course I can.

You want it to be a landmark game without considering the fourth period.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : But we didnt.  Glass half empty?    I wonder IF we would have lost would you have have said, "historical performance and we almost won?"
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    I definitely would not have, because of the fourth period. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : I definitely would not have, because of the fourth period. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Watch the last couple of minutes.  Peitrus launches a three early in the shot clock.  No Celtics in the paint to rebound.  The Knicks go down and score and take the lead.  That is what really costed us from closing it out in the 4th.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks": Did you see Kobe kick it out to a wide open Murphy and he shot an air ball......at which point Kobe was so pissed he wouldn't look at Murphy. It was so funny!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

LOL ... wonder if Murph has done anything since he got there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Watch the last couple of minutes.  Peitrus launches a three early in the shot clock.  No Celtics in the paint to rebound.  The Knicks go down and score and take the lead.  That is what really costed us from closing it out in the 4th.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    Look earlier I posted in agreement with you on Pietrus.  Missing seven lay ups in the last period by Rondo also almost lost us the the game as Doc said in the press conference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Hey, if you talk "A" game, bring one yourself ... if not ideas, argument then grammar and spelling ... Something ... Bueller?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Grammar. Spelling,  Mployee8. Erudite8..pick on better things dude...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]MVP ... MVP ... MVP .... 18-20-17!

Now don't go wild son!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

concord, that cluster of missed rondo bunnies has not happened before and won't happen again. would you suggest that's really an issue going forward? please. as a converted rondo doubter, you appear to be grasping at straws.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Grammar. Spelling,  Mployee8. Erudite8..pick on better things dude...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

The same can be said of you Rondo haters ... Pud, Dud, Fierce and YOU

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Now don't go wild son!
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

don't worry ... I'm just rubbing it in ... inverse Fierce post if you will ... Haha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : The same can be said of you Rondo haters ... Pud, Dud, Fierce and YOU

Sure dude...call it hater, whatever you want...i call it opinions point of views... I dont come here to correct people grammar nor shatter their ideas and opinions nor call others haters... Thats you who does that...and i will leave it up to you to keep doing that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]concord, that cluster of missed rondo bunnies has not happened before and won't happen again. would you suggest that's really an issue going forward? please. as a converted rondo doubter, you appear to be grasping at straws.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    I hope it is not an issue but it was a very disturbing anomaly in what is a very unique player.  How can a rational person after watching Rondo's play since Feb. of last year not be a doubter on some level? Consistency will bring me back without hesitation.  I don't have a problem admitting I am wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rondo played very well today.  If he really wants to shut everyone up, he will put a string of these together!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Sure dude...call it hater, whatever you want...i call it opinions point of views... I dont come here to correct people grammar nor shatter their ideas and opinions nor call others haters... Thats you who does that...and i will leave it up to you to keep doing that

You have no opinion ... you're a lemming ... Look it up!

You're one of those posters here that are Fierce's yes men ... constantly knodding your head up and down (whatcha doing there Cabby?) and following him off a cliff. That's a tee-bagger, and that's you cabutan .... Enjoy the view LEMMING!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : I hope it is not an issue but it was a very disturbing anomaly in what is a very unique player.  How can a rational person after watching Rondo's play since Feb. of last year not be a doubter on some level? Consistency will bring me back without hesitation.  I don't have a problem admitting I am wrong.

The problem is all the hyperbole.  Rondo is obviously a very talented player with some huge flaws in his game.  I think the reason you got jumped on a bit is you don't seem to recognize that if Rondo didn't have all those boards and assists the Celtics wouldn't have been in the position to win in the first place.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : You want a straw man? Look in the mirror! You accuse me of saying I wanted to trade Rondo for Jeremy Lin. I never said that. Who's the straw man now?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You argue like a child.Maybe you are one, since you seem to have nothing better to do 24/7 but sit behind a computer typing out your fantasies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

It was great seeing Jeff green on the bench today. I think he would have been great for the C's this year. I hope if he can return to form that he is a priority to resign during the offseason. The other thing I have noticed is ray has not played as sloppily as of late. He is not making the bone-headed lazy passes he had been making. If he can limit that, it might not be so bad if the C's don't trade him. I still think this team can be dangerous this year with a few upgrades. Maybe the upgrades can be made without giving up any of the big 4. I still want them to get Beasley. Maybe JO, Dooling or whatever other contracts needed for filler, a 1st this year and next (or maybe a 2nd) for Beasley and Milicic. Milicic is an attainable big that could be very good for the C's and Beasley could give everything they miss with Green out and then some. I don't think he will have the problem fitting in that green had last year because Beasley is not shy about taking his own shots regardless who is on the floor

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : We should get back to this one after the trade deadline...rondo needs to bring his A+ game constantly to avoid criticism...

Nobody brings their A+ game constantly.Cousy loves Rondo .Magic praises him to the sky ,but half the threads on this board are harping about his deficiciencies and begging for him to be traded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Why would you ever want to trade Rhondo.   He is a player not a scorer.  He is the polar opposite of RA.  The problem is scorers are sacred in the NBA.  So hence the Rhondo criticism. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks": Come on and be honest. How many times did that happen and tell me you really think that's our problem! We had a big lead with Ray in the game early then he went out and we lost the lead. Ray didn't help or hurt. The issue is our bench and turnovers/missed shots.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

ray was a plus 22 for the game.  Far and away the best plus minus.  Not sure how that happened other than he was with the starters more.  No complaints though, Ray played oK today, he a couple big threes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : The problem is all the hyperbole.  Rondo is obviously a very talented player with some huge flaws in his game.  I think the reason you got jumped on a bit is you don't seem to recognize that if Rondo didn't have all those boards and assists the Celtics wouldn't have been in the position to win in the first place.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    I used to be a big Rondo booster.  If he can play consistently he will have me back. A guy who can't shoot well needs to make lay ups no matter what his stat line.  Rondo even admitted it in an interview.  I never give up on the Celtics I am just not blindly loyal like some here on this board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Rondo was spectacular today. Just don't say easy baskets are clutch baskets. If you want a clutch basket then it was Pierce's 3-pointer that sent the game into OT.  Seriously, Rondo had a spectacular game, I'm not complaining. Just don't say uncontested shots are clutch shots because it's not accurate.

Dude you are making yourself look silly with all these stupid posts. Why can't you just drop it.  You are obsessed with a "bad" Rondo.  He has played very well.  He doesn't have to score much in the 4th quarter that is Rays, PP, and KG's job.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Like I said, I will stop criticizing Rondo if he remains a Celtic the rest of the season.  But right now it looks like he's not going to be traded. Rondo is playing great after the suspension. 

Correct me if i am wrong but i believe you have had him traded everyday in a different thread for about 2 weeks?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Let's keep Rondo and go out and find a way to get Kaman.  No more fooling around. Let's see what happens and see if we can make a run and stay healthy.

I second the motion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody in there rational mind would make an argument of Lin for Rondo.  I have not seen that one floated here.  

I am pretty sure there was one.