Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reason why I can part with Bradley is because he is still raw offensively and good offense is better than good defense.  I would keep Sulley since he is a big.  Im just not sold on AB developing a consistant jumper.

[/QUOTE]

Actually when you hit on something special, you should build on that.  Bradley's defensive intensity is special.  He will start hitting more shots.  But that intensity converts a decent team into a great team.  You can't let go of that.

The Celts have discovered what they need to be.  Now they just have to tweak it to make it better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Eldunker, I think it odd that such a visionary of basketball talent as yourself, is so far to the other end of the spectrum when it comes to Rondo and Doc.  It seems that every other analyst feels they are both one of the best in todays game at what they do.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

To reiterate what Doc said last year when Bradley started knocking down that corner three with consistency.  He said, Bradley was one of the best shooters on the team in practice, it was just a matter of time before his shots started to fall.  Once he got consistant minutes, they started to fall.  So don't be to surprised if he is a go to guy on offense in the near future.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I am not here.  That is why I am a visionary.    

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

If your not here, where are you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Life is a state of mind.  I am only in my vision.

Actually born and bred in Boston area but now on the west coast...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great game.  For one night, who needs Rondo when we have Avery Bradley?  Why does this team play so well when Rondo is out?  I WOULD NEVER TRADE RONDO but I'm just asking.

Other than that 2nd quarter when the Knicks were ON FIRE, the Celtics played pretty decent defense.  We really disrupted their offense out front.  Kidd did not want to bring the ball up and Prigioni was unable to.

Green and Sully made great contributions off the bench.

We really have to put it in gear now.  We have a 5 game homestand that are all winnable games.  We have an opportunity to really make up some ground.  It's a shame that as we are putting things together, we all know there is going to be a trade that will disrupt our flow momentarily.  As long as we get a big, at least.

I think DA is getting alot of calls about some of our players.  That's the result of playing well.

[/QUOTE]

Petey-If your not in the Foreign Service, you should be...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

one thing i WILL say is the ball movement is better with Rondo out. We need to get Rondo to become a scorer. Get his mindset off of passes and make him a scorer. If he does this the ball movement can continue and we are almost unstoppable. I think he can.

[/QUOTE]

+

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

Great game.  For one night, who needs Rondo when we have Avery Bradley?  Why does this team play so well when Rondo is out?  I WOULD NEVER TRADE RONDO but I'm just asking.

[/QUOTE]

i think that's a great question. i don't know the answer though....maybe we do need a coach who forces rr to play in the way that most benefits the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]

Other than that 2nd quarter when the Knicks were ON FIRE, the Celtics played pretty decent defense.  We really disrupted their offense out front.  Kidd did not want to bring the ball up and Prigioni was unable to.

Green and Sully made great contributions off the bench.

We really have to put it in gear now.  We have a 5 game homestand that are all winnable games.  We have an opportunity to really make up some ground.  It's a shame that as we are putting things together, we all know there is going to be a trade that will disrupt our flow momentarily.  As long as we get a big, at least.

I think DA is getting alot of calls about some of our players.  That's the result of playing well.

[/QUOTE]

Ball movement.  The ball moves better when Rondo is out.  Rondo likes to hold and pound the ball until he sees an assist developing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

For one night, who needs Rondo when we have Avery Bradley? Why does this team play so well when Rondo is out?

opposing teams are faced with an element of surprise and find themselves in a bit of a lurch they aren't prepared for when facing non rondo Cs. given time and familiarity over the course of several games, opposition catches up and celtics' successful returns without rondo begin to diminish.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For one night, who needs Rondo when we have Avery Bradley? Why does this team play so well when Rondo is out?

opposing teams are faced with an element of surprise and find themselves in a bit of a lurch they aren't prepared for when facing non rondo Cs. given time and familiarity over the course of several games, opposition catches up and celtics' successful returns without rondo begin to diminish.  

[/QUOTE]

good point.  Obvious without your point guard others will have to step up to distribute the ball.  I would like folks to see how the Mavs/Suns did w/o Nash when he was out, the Jazz when Stockton was out, and even all the teams J. Kidd played for.  I bet you will see the same trends of more people touching the ball because they have to share the load.  We don't have a back up point to pick up the slack when RR is out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

more people handling and sharing the ball = less predictable and harder to defend

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

one thing i WILL say is the ball movement is better with Rondo out. We need to get Rondo to become a scorer. Get his mindset off of passes and make him a scorer. If he does this the ball movement can continue and we are almost unstoppable. I think he can.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes and yes! I'd like 15-20 ppg average; i'm sure he'd get plenty of assists too.