Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

OMG!!!! get rid of tat frigg'n delay of game tech BS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Kelly, Vitor, Pressey, and Avery played great. 30 pt thrashing. Wallace a DNP-CD? or is he injured?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Very good win.  This is what a decent enough team should do against this Knicks team - a 30 point win.  Great win from a confidence standpoint.  The guys played well.

Wow Jeff Green, 3-12 for just 11 points.  He's got to get it going.  I've said it before, he HAS to look to score every time he touches the ball and he's not doing that.  Even when he's in a position to shoot, he hesitates or tries that weak palm the ball on a fake shot move.  I wonder how much longer we'll go hoping he finally turns it on CONSISTENTLY.

Enough of Green, I'm liking Wallace lately anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I thought Brooks played better as well! 13 pts 3 stls. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Brooklyn fell to Detroit tonight....the Nets might not be as good as people think.... especially if D. Williams ankle injury lingers....KG and PP limited production / limited minutes...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very good win.  This is what a decent enough team should do against this Knicks team - a 30 point win.  Great win from a confidence standpoint.  The guys played well.

Wow Jeff Green, 3-12 for just 11 points.  He's got to get it going.  I've said it before, he HAS to look to score every time he touches the ball and he's not doing that.  Even when he's in a position to shoot, he hesitates or tries that weak palm the ball on a fake shot move.  I wonder how much longer we'll go hoping he finally turns it on CONSISTENTLY.

Enough of Green, I'm liking Wallace lately anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green thinks he is better than he is.

Also he either has ADD or he smokes a lot of dobbie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brooklyn fell to Detroit tonight....the Nets might not be as good as people think.... especially if D. Williams ankle injury lingers....KG and PP limited production / limited minutes...

[/QUOTE]

One of the greatest trades in Celtics history.

And I don't have to watch the Jet anymore.

It's a bonus.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, you may very well be spot on about Green.  Maybe, like you said, he can never become the #1 guy.  That's mere speculation and basically your opinion.  With all due respect, who cares?

Honestly, I could care less if Green could or couldn't be a #1 guy.  What I care about is knowing Green can score with more frequency and efficiency than he has displayed this preseason. THAT, even you cannot dispute!  Green has the ability, even if not the mindset, to score 16 points by getting out of bed each morning but for some reason, this is not happening.

Green does not HAVE to be the #1 guy as much as he needs to be a more consistent scorer.  This team has about 4 or 5 players who could average double figures in scoring and I don't care who is the leader.

As for Wallace, I will definitely enjoy him and hope that his contract is an impediment to other teams looking to sign him around the trading deadline.  I don't think it's going to be as easy as most think.  His contract is not going to be an attractive pickup for a team who needs his talent to get them over the hump.  They are not likely to want him for another 2 years at $10 million per.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think Green is just one of those guys - like Rondo - who sort of starts the season out going 80% and works his way up to 100 over the course of 82 games.

I'll be with most of you yelling at the TV for Jeff to get angry, or maybe just try, but lets not lose patience. He will have a handful of 30+ nights this year.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

One final word on tonights game:

I found it very interesting that we blew them out by 30 points, yet the top two scorers in the game were Knicks players.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, I sure hope you're right.  Makes sense too.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Funny I had Pressey as my starting PG and Bradley as my starting SG to start the season and I was told I was crazy...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Vito, Pressey = bargains!..I am impressed with both..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny I had Pressey as my starting PG and Bradley as my starting SG to start the season and I was told I was crazy...

[/QUOTE]

I think Crawford should start and Pressey should be the backup.

And Bradley should never play the point....ever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I'm hoping that the Knicks decide to cut Aldrich so Danny can pick him up.

You have to be impressed with his play at center and he was out there for the taking till about a month ago.

I think I was right about Aldrich being a late bloomer that could have been had on the cheap ... but I also brought Pressey to the boards attention too ... JUST SAYING!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still think you are crazy.  Unless there is a string of catastrophic injuries, Pressey will not start the season at point guard.  Crawford should.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

....and before we get too giddy about this win, did everyone realize that the Knicks only played their scrubs through out the game?  No Carmelo, no Chandler, no Felton, no MPW, no Kenyon Martin.  Only Bargnani, and Shumpert played significant minutes.