Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

In response to Petey62's comment: You are right, but in the future because he is a bit undersized if he could shoot the three from at least on spot, like Bill did for the Pistons, it would make him very hard to defend with a player taller than he is and of course it would help with spacing.  I don't think at this time in his career he should be looking to take many 3's, you are right at this time.  
    [QUOTE]

DUMBEST RULE EVER!!

Another thought - every time Sully gets the ball in the post, something good happens.  When Sully shoots a 3-pointer, nothing good happens.

[/QUOTE] It is a dumb rule, I don't like that circle under the goal to me it is stupid and while we are on it, I think foul shots after a made basket is a doubel penality, made the shot, then he gets to 1. put a foul on the opposition and also 2 gets to shoot foul shot.  No problem with shooting foul shots, if the offensive player misses the shot.  This would also speed up a game that is getting slower.  You are true Celtic fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brooklyn vs. Clippers in the Finals.

Just look at how DeAndre Jordan plays since Doc became the coach.

[/QUOTE]

We agree to disagree - the Clips will go as far as CP3's knee takes them. He has close to a bone on bone condition in one of his knees.

Couple the above mentioed with the fact Doc likes to ride his horses into the ground / play his starters heavy mins, and you have a recipe for disaster!

AND no more E. Bledsoe to back up the point! 

All teams have to do to get Jordan off of the court is hack-a-DeAndre! He is a horrid free throw shooter! 38% last season and 42% for career! 

Clips will have a very good year, maybe even 60 wins, but I do not see them in the finals! Note, I have been wrong before! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very good win.  This is what a decent enough team should do against this Knicks team - a 30 point win.  Great win from a confidence standpoint.  The guys played well.

Wow Jeff Green, 3-12 for just 11 points.  He's got to get it going.  I've said it before, he HAS to look to score every time he touches the ball and he's not doing that.  Even when he's in a position to shoot, he hesitates or tries that weak palm the ball on a fake shot move.  I wonder how much longer we'll go hoping he finally turns it on CONSISTENTLY.

Enough of Green, I'm liking Wallace lately anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green thinks he is better than he is.

Also he either has ADD or he smokes a lot of dobbie.   All jokes aside, he does seem to be a bit slow upstairs or he could think that his job is to fit in and fill the holes and try to get the most our of everybody.  He does puzzle me.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....and before we get too giddy about this win, did everyone realize that the Knicks only played their scrubs through out the game?  No Carmelo, no Chandler, no Felton, no MPW, no Kenyon Martin.  Only Bargnani, and Shumpert played significant minutes.

[/QUOTE]

And we beat them by 30 points... everything is relative.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I feel like Brad has figured it out.

Crawford and Pressey at the point, Bradley at the two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very good win.  This is what a decent enough team should do against this Knicks team - a 30 point win.  Great win from a confidence standpoint.  The guys played well.

Wow Jeff Green, 3-12 for just 11 points.  He's got to get it going.  I've said it before, he HAS to look to score every time he touches the ball and he's not doing that.  Even when he's in a position to shoot, he hesitates or tries that weak palm the ball on a fake shot move.  I wonder how much longer we'll go hoping he finally turns it on CONSISTENTLY.

Enough of Green, I'm liking Wallace lately anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green thinks he is better than he is.

Also he either has ADD or he smokes a lot of dobbie.   All jokes aside, he does seem to be a bit slow upstairs or he could think that his job is to fit in and fill the holes and try to get the most our of everybody.  He does puzzle me.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Jeff Green thinks he is better than he actually is at all and I think that's the whole problem.  He's uncomfortable being The Man.  He's deferential to a fault.  That's his whole problem.  He has the talent to be a superstar but not the ego it takes to be a superstar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The cs shot lights out from 3 pt land today and all against the knicks 2nd unit. Wouldnt get to high after this win. But I guess its good as a confidence builder. 

I am as frustrated with jgreen as the next guy. But with no outside shooting to help spread the floor the driving lanes are almost non existant, couple that with the fact that jgreen is very right hand dominate (which opposing defenders always play him for) and you can see y he is settling for jumpers. They should utilize him in the post  more, which they actually did on a few occasions last night. 

Sully has been a monster. By far our best player right now.