Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

LA test #1, here we go.

If we allow ONLY two of either Kobe, Bynum or Gasol to "get off", we should be able to win.  We cannot let all three get off AND Barnes, World Peace, Blake or Fisher to get off too or we're in trouble.

Our Big 4 ALL have to play great games.  Ray is going to have to have a solid game.  PP is going to have to take advantage of World Peace.  KG is going to be totally outsized but he's going to have to step his game up.  And Rondo, we're going to need one of those triple-doubles today.

This could go either way.  We could play them tough and pull out a win at the end or we could get straight blown out of the building.  Let's pull out a nice road win.

Go Celtics.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

Lakers will go hard inside.  KG will be outsized and outweighed so he's going to likely get outplayed by the Laker size.  But, Celtics can outrun and outshoot these guys, even with Kobe on the floor.  Issue will be can we get enough rebounds to run!

Maybe Kobe will help us by having one of his "gunner" days where he freezes out his own teammates?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Besides the fact the C's have very little size to compete with LA today, this may be there best opportunity to get a win on the road trip. The C's should be rested and they are playing another old slow team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Magic says best two players on the court today are wearing goggles. actually, Kobe has a mask on, but Rondo has goggles bc of getting poked in the eye.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I don't know about today, but I guarantee Rondo plays well tomorrow against cp3

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I wish I could afford tickets for this game.  I last went to a Fakers/Celtics game in LA back in 05!  GO CELTICS!!!!!  BEAT LA!!! BEAT LA!!! BEAT LA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is not wearing goggles. Here: http://twitpic.com/8v2dob
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

yea weird..both magic and twitter reported he was wearing them..oh well, its not a good look anyways lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i saw Ray shooting before the game..warming up shooting 3's..looked horrible..didnt look like he had legs. hopefully he is alright in the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bass cant get it to drop

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Celtics missing a lot of close up shots!!! Pietrus w/ a three!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Steamer making great effort..  at least the Lakers will look around in the lane with him in there

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Pau Gasol = soft.

i like his game tho.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

This is not a good trend.  The rebounding was always going to be a problem but we're letting it start off poorly and this will cause us to fall way behind.   We are also not running with any speed now - kind of lumbering down the court.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangGator. Show MustangGator's posts

[QUOTE]Pau Gasol = soft. i like his game tho.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

5 rebounds so far.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It would be so nice to, ONCE, see RA and PP hit their first 2 or 3 shots and start out fast.  Instead, add Bass to that list, they start out so slow with open looks that just aren't falling.

It would mean so much to this team to get those guys going early.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : 5 rebounds so far.......
    Posted by MustangGator[/QUOTE]

find out the basketball definition of soft. Soft and Talented are not the same thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]It would be so nice to, ONCE, see RA and PP hit their first 2 or 3 shots and start out fast.  Instead, add Bass to that list, they start out so slow with open looks that just aren't falling. It would mean so much to this team to get those guys going early.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

You mean the way they hit their first few shots in the last game when blowing out the trailblazers?

There's just no energy today.  I'm shocked they came out like they are trying to reserve energy.  Just no hard runs to the basket, standing straight up on defense - just bad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Too many jump shots!!!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Too many jump shots!!!  
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

thats what we are..what we have always been, its not gunna change.

we just need them to start going in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

14 points in the first quarter.   Pathetic.   Airball by Pietrus, Bass can't throw it in the ocean, Ray not running on fast breaks, turnovers.

If I didn't love this team so much I could be enjoying a day of golf outside.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangGator. Show MustangGator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : find out the basketball definition of soft. Soft and Talented are not the same thing.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

What publication would I find that definition in?  That way I can be as knowledgeable as you on basketball.  Webster didn't have a basketball definition.  Is there a NBA Webster edition?