Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

Its a loss, but they played well.good to see Bynum acknowledge kg after the game. Those guys were battling throughout.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Pierce should walk into the lockeroom and give the C to Rondo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

No big man not going anywhere..great game considering we have zero center...if andrew was the difference,  we are way better than them...DA bring a body please 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

ALSO!

On Bynum's last shot -- CAN WE GET A THREE-IN-THE-KEY call, PLEASE!

The officiating was terrible all game. Home-cookin' all day long. No wonder the Lakers have such a good home record. 

Stern has zero credibility, and the fact that 'World Peace' is still in the league, among officials who are known to have cheated is a testament to the lack of integrity in the NBA.

It's obvious that officials are still influencing games to this day, whether it's at Stern's request, or if it's being done by the officials, I don't know, but it's clearly going on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers": [QUOTE]Awful. Absolutely awful! Why was KG on the court?  I love this team, but they constantly struggle late in games, and Doc makes a lot of questionable personnel decisions. Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE] Truly tryily truly dumb question! If you miss the shot who's going to get the rebound and who sets the picks to get shooters open? If KG wasn't on the court, Rondo would not have had a second shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

AGAIN, can someone explain y rr is anywhere on the court when we need a 3 at the end? pp had a bad game? no shitttt! when is his last great game against elite defense or matta?  thats the problem.. used to be u stop kome, u win, they have alternatives.. we have ZERO inside alternatives. all 4 of our stars can be minimized!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Spacing was off in that last play..they were having a conference in one side of the court

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers:
    [QUOTE]That loss imo goes on Pierce... he did nothing all game...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

inexcusable. our whole team has consistency issues, but when the lights are bright, on national tv, to show up and play like that is sad. im not upset at his numbers..im upset at his effort. he was visibly shook by Metta World Peace and Kobe. just cant happen like that with a C on your chest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

All the starters were + in +/-.  The bench didn't produce.  The Celts need a decent 4/5 off teh bench.  Also, it is twice now that I have seen Bass miss open must make shots against the Lakers.  Too bad.

Paul could have done better.  But we can't ignore the 9 assists.  Perhaps that was part of the game plan.  He just dodn't do his part very well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

After watching the replay in slow motion, I gotta say, Ray got hit in the chest while up in the air and passed over to Pierce. Pierce got hit by two defenders while in the act of shooting and on the follow through but nothing ... didn't expect it being in LA but if the shoe were on the other foot .....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

They've fought like lions, they deserved a win. Great team effort. I salute them.
    Tomorrow Bad Blake and CP3, I hope there will be some gas left in the tank.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers": Truly tryily truly dumb question! If you miss the shot who's going to get the rebound and who sets the picks to get shooters open? If KG wasn't on the court, Rondo would not have had a second shot.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

"Truly tryily truly dumb question!"

That's a somewhat ironic statement. Hey pot, allow me to introduce you to the kettle.

The point is, if you had another shooter on the floor, possibly Pietrus, the shooters on the floor would have gotten better looks. Leave Bass OR KG out there to set screens, and put Pietrus out there as another shooter. You don't need two screen setters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think a key for us is to not p.ss off Artest..he did nothing until that T!!  LOL!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Fouls 10/12 great .833. but how to compete with 17/26 and only .654 but twice as many shots. Rebounds 42 to 34. Bynum & Gasol inadditon to rebounds 33 points. When we had a 5 pt lead & missed two shots in a row, it was soft Gasol who got the rebound. Amen !

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Fouls 10/12 great .833. but how to compete with 17/26 and only .654 but twice as many shots. Rebounds 42 to 34. Bynum & Gasol inadditon to rebounds 33 points. When we had a 5 pt lead & missed two shots in a row, it was soft Gasol who got the rebound. Amen !
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Home team gets the calls (or non-calls) at the end of games....just a theory I've been working on!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Guess you're a new Celtic fan. If you know the history between Pierce and Artest then you know Pierce always struggles against the Artest. This has been going on since Artest's days as a Pacer. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

i understand that he has had problems with him..World Peace is a very good defender, used to be great. like i said, my issues arent with his numbers. if he would have tried to get going against him and WP just shut him down with good D, thats different. Pierce got the ball, dribbled at the top of the key deciding whether or not to drive, then would pass it off. he wanted NO PART of the ball, NO PART of the game. it was a joke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : "Truly tryily truly dumb question!" That's a somewhat ironic statement. Hey pot, allow me to introduce you to the kettle. The point is, if you had another shooter on the floor, possibly Pietrus, the shooters on the floor would have gotten better looks. Leave Bass OR KG out there to set screens, and put Pietrus out there as another shooter. You don't need two screen setters. Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE] A typo is not the same as a dumb question. Do you know anything about basketball? You need Rondo to make a good pass. You need KG for a rebound. The other three should be shooters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

You know, there is no excuse for the Celtics letting LA close this game on an 8-0 run.  We just don't have that "go to" guy who we can count on for a clutch late-game basket.

To battle so hard and "give" it away at the end because of our failure to execute is disappointing.  This team cannot seem to start strong or close strong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]You know, there is no excuse for the Celtics letting LA close this game on an 8-0 run.  We just don't have that "go to" guy who we can count on for a clutch late-game basket. To battle so hard and "give" it away at the end because of our failure to execute is disappointing.  This team cannot seem to start strong or close strong.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

used to be Pierce.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We only had a couple open looks down the stretch..

Ray missed a fairly open 3... and Bass missed a completely open jumper.

Outside of that, pretty poor looks..