Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers:
    [QUOTE]Come on, Rondo makes a 3-pointer and he's now a great shooter?  Relax guys.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Thats what you call groupies 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Come on, Rondo makes a 3-pointer and he's now a great shooter?  Relax guys.

True, but if he misses that shot youd be ranting about it......as always...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I think Bynum hurt his knee...no way they let Gasol go if so !!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : I apologize, sincerely do.  I have been aroound awhile, many years.  I remember 3-4 years ago allot of people here were calling Gasol soft, and he probably was.  People were saying he was soft because he was getting pushed around the paint.  Especially during the 2008 finals.  I see your point, but also believe there is some connection between soft and rebounding when your a 7 footer.  All I was trying to say in my first post, was that he had 5 rebounds early, and must not be to soft at that point.  Gasol is not as bad as back in 2008, however, he can still on occasion appear to be soft.  Maybe he takes days off.  I don't know.  I used rebounding, or lack of, as an example of being soft.  What other example(s) would you use?  I do understand if you don't respond.  I am belaboring(sp) the point.  Enjoy the game.  Right now looks like C's are making a bit of a comeback.
    Posted by MustangGator[/QUOTE]

Soft is a term used to describe a player that doesnt like to bang in the post, back to the basket, get pushed around, or on defense you dont like to get posted up, ur easy to move down in the post. this is Gasol, but its not neccesarily a terrible thing for him because he is an acceptable shooter. Bosh is another one that gets away with being soft, Dirk a 3rd, (although not quite as much) when your as good a shooter as these guys are, it doesnt matter if your soft. and i do suppose rebounding is involved..but neone can get easy rebounds, its the tough, gritty rebounds that helps u shed the "soft" title.

The reason why getting a soft player might not be great for the C's is because we need a guy who can bang down low, grab boards and give us some points in the paint. we have an older version of Gasol in Garnett right now, we need someone with a bigger, thicker body to mix it up down low.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangGator. Show MustangGator's posts

[QUOTE]I think Bynum hurt his knee...no way they let Gasol go if so !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I was thinking the same thing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : I rant when Rondo misses crucial FTs or a totally wide open lay-up to seal the deal. But I don't rant when Rondo misses a 3-pointer because I know that's not one of his strengths.  Stop assuming!

Fierce, come on..lets be honest. Many times youll randomly post "BRICK!" when rondo misses a shot, its NOT only when the games on the line.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Why would I rant about it when I know Rondo is not a great 3pt shooter. You got to be kidding!  Please, I'm not pud or Dudder.

Pud and Dudder aren't weanies either.

Fierce is.

Pud

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Fierce, come on..lets be honest. Many times youll randomly post "BRICK!" when rondo misses a shot, its NOT only when the games on the line.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Exactly, whatever he can pull from a game to rag on Rondo no matter what it is, he ll do it.... and everyone knows it...ha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers": Gasol is as soft as plastic explosive. I think KG is softer. We are in this game because of laker turnovers ! Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE] You mean the KG that's the only Celtic banging underneath all game, the one playing center as a tall skinny guy, the one having all thos double doubles in the last 20 games?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]What I like about Rondo today is he's aggressive. That's how it should be!

Still it is embarrassing to see Bryant clogging the paint instead of guarding Rondo :-(

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangGator. Show MustangGator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Soft is a term used to describe a player that doesnt like to bang in the post, back to the basket, get pushed around, or on defense you dont like to get posted up, ur easy to move down in the post. this is Gasol, but its not neccesarily a terrible thing for him because he is an acceptable shooter. Bosh is another one that gets away with being soft, Dirk a 3rd, (although not quite as much) when your as good a shooter as these guys are, it doesnt matter if your soft. and i do suppose rebounding is involved..but neone can get easy rebounds, its the tough, gritty rebounds that helps u shed the "soft" title. The reason why getting a soft player might not be great for the C's is because we need a guy who can bang down low, grab boards and give us some points in the paint. we have an older version of Gasol in Garnett right now, we need someone with a bigger, thicker body to mix it up down low.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the response.  I agree with everything you said.  Enjoy the rest of the game.   

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Exactly, whatever he can pull from a game to rag on Rondo no matter what it is, he ll do it.... and everyone knows it...ha Posted by CASox[/QUOTE] Even when Rondo has a good game, Fierce will search for the fault. He lives to find Rondo's fault. He even BET someone that Rondo wasn't shooting better this year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]pud and Dud not weanies? But they sure are WHINERS! HA HA

You would certainly know about whining, considering the flogging you've put on R9R since you came to Jesus.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Did I rag on Rondo today?

Not yet but because people got excited about his 3 at the end of the half, you couldnt stand it so you have to something like "Rondo hits one three and now he is a great shooter" (which no one said btw) and then you tell people to relax.