Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

It's not luck when your team grinds out victory after victory. When grindout victories occur regularly there is no luck involved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

bradley man. those were a couple of timely stops.

great celtics win eventhough they started sloppy.

go green!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Man, I'm glad we got the A-Team. Marv Albert is just wretched.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1:
    [QUOTE]Moreover, those that said he hadn't improved his jumper/free throws since coming into the league must be scratching their heads with such a huge improvement over the course of the last few months ... he can still improve and he is improving as we watch ... raise the ceiling cause he hasn't reached it yet!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Especially when those were desingned plays meant to use Ra as a decoy...I wonder what Dudder is doing right about now.....hope his medicine cabinet has a lock...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 : I will call your bluff.  Yeah, (even though we won), so what.  I am glad we escaped with a win but I'm going to nitpick. We cannot continue to come out flat against the team.  We are only making it harder on ourselves.  We only have one day off between games and we cannot continue to grind these guys 35, 39 and 40 minutes.  We can't come out as the "cool" Celtics.  We have to come out with the hungry Celtics with a sense of urgency. Another nitpick, we HAVE to get some bench production.  Pietrus has to stop chucking up the 3 and take it to the rim when it's there.  The only thing on his stat line is 3-point attempts. Bass has to give us more, offensively and defensively.  Rondo's not going to get triple doubles every night so somebody's going to have to pick up some rebounding (Bass & Pietrus). Philly let us off the hook tonight.  When the game was on the line, they took some really ill-advised shots.  I heard that Lou Williams has the green light.  That doesn't mean you SHOULD take the shot, especially when it's a bad one. I am concerned because we only have one day off but we are going to have to play a whole lot better or we're in for a long fight in this series.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, im really disappointed with Petrius, i really thought he was much better..when he took that second three, Doc yanked him quick...
    He has an open lane, when people are flying at him...but decides he wants play hero ball....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Monster game from KG, again! He is really taking the Cs on his back this post season. With a the support of Ray he kept us in the game all night. Ray playing smart ball on both end of the floor (even with a bad ankle and without having the touch from outside). Ray is having a surprisingly good post season except the last game. No shooting touch but takes it to the rim, rebounds and nice defense using his size.

Rondo played terrible today until the 4th quarter but was money in the end (on both sied of the floor), GREAT! He has to keep defense honest and push the ball. For 3 quarters phillie played the LA tactic (and clogging the paint) against Rondo and Bass. Pierce was horrible all game long besides one jumper.
    AB had one nice stop but is played a bad game in a really underachieving post season. No easy baskets, not shooting touch and average at defense at best (he is just to small to defend big 2s). Against the size of Phillies backcourt Ray has an edge on defense against AB.

Some side notes:
    Bass and Pietrus gave us NOTHING in the entire post season so far.
    Our three ball is awfull. When Pierce and Ray are flat, we have no one who is able to shoot from distance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Rondo can hit those shots like he did tonight we have a chance to go far. He was everything we wanted him to be tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]Man, I'm glad we got the A-Team. Marv Albert is just wretched.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Albert is only a 1K times better than any team with Breen, an idiot by any standards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]How about Rondo's post game interview on tnt?
    Posted by greenmonstaa[/QUOTE]

Loved it. Why take that crap as if it's the only way to talk about this team (or SA). He just walked away - great attitude that shouldf shut up a lot of so-called "experts".  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

One of the best factors in the game was that the officials did a great job in letting the game flow and not interrupting it with stupid calls - they did a great job of not being noticed.  I don't even want to think about what the outcome would have been if Joey Crawford had been there.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]One of the best factors in the game was that the officials did a great job in letting the game flow and not interrupting it with stupid calls - they did a great job of not being noticed.  I don't even want to think about what the outcome would have been if Joey Crawford had been there.  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

So true but sadly Marc Davis continues with his antics on the west coast now:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19019821/nba-referee-calls-technical-foul-on-clippers-f-reggie-evans-for-high-five

Stern?   Stern?   Anyone?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 : Three open jumpers in the last 5 minutes. Philly can live with that. But give R9R his due. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

rack this post.  amazing he gives him props!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 : rack this post.  amazing he gives him props!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

read between the lines, that was a SLIGHT compliment, with some shots thrown in.