Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : Great game, great game.  He had confidence in his shot and it was falling. Let's shower up and catch that flight to Atlanta.  We might not get to Atlanta until 3am.  I hate some of these back to backs coming from the west to the east. I am so concerned about Krstic.  Boy, I hope he's ok.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

My sentiments on everything you said... especially Krstic.  I'm praying for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Terrific game by Rondo. Lets hope it lasts a while.

Boy... the Spurs certainly went cold in the 2nd half like the C's usually do. They've lost how many in a row???

Five??? Wow!!!

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : That Danny is a genius, another great strategy!  lol I knew with the 2 days off, JON returning and playing a top team would get a rise out of these guys,...but when Rondo starts getting double pics to shoot at the top of the key..better watch out........better not cry.  lol  Cant wait to see this board tommorow...I may just sit and read..Great redemption for Rondo and he shot every time they left him and made it...Thats HUGE!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

That Wall of Green for Rondo late in the game was probably my favorite play of the night!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : Who was it that used to do that, Joel?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    I think it was Hal Greer, Lloyd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Funny I read thru all the posts and PP wasn't mentioned but 2 or 3 times, once for shooting a open 3 that he missed.  He quietly posted 21 pts, 11 rebounds, and 7 assists.  KG and Rondo both played very well. Ray needs to quit worrying about getting his shots and play.  Sometimes they are there and sometimes not. Nice win for all Celtic fans tonight.  JO looked good tonight.  Remember the guys that was wanting to buy him out or for him to retire?  Hmm do you still want that?

You could tell early in this game we were going to compete

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

I know the C's won and all but Jeff Green getting 17 mins...what is up with that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : That Wall of Green for Rondo late in the game was probably my favorite play of the night!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Me too, Ms. L.  Cracked me up. Baby and KG locking arms.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

MsLithium21, all Krstic's done is work hard and bust his tail since he's arrived.  When they replayed the injury, it did not look good.  I really think he can be a valuable piece in the playoffs.  I sure hope its just a sprain.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : That Wall of Green for Rondo late in the game was probably my favorite play of the night!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

That was nice...Rondo made about 10 spectacular passes for layups as well.
    Mine were the two offensive plays by JO. The sideline post up move and the lob for a layup (and one). Not special, except with JO playing well, this team is in good shape (plus Shaq's back Sunday).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Several good things came out of this game:
    1. Celts showed that having a center in the game really helped (JON).  He didn't play a lot of minutes but his minutes were valuable
    2. When Celts are rested and focused, we are still a dynamite team (not the one many folks wanted to give up on).
    3. Rondo CAN hit jumpers.  He won't shoot that well every night, but just him having confidence will cause him to hit more than he was and that makes defenses play more honest.
    4. Paul reminds us that he is the best all around player - rebounds, assists, scoring.

One bad thing which I expect to be fixed soon:  
    1. Ray is not yet back on....but he will be.

I want to see this team now maintain this focus the next game Atlanta and against Chicago and Miami - all on the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

fitz, Garnett and baby are better. period. 

and how quickly our fans forgot...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The focus is back!

Maybe we should only play contenders!

Great game Rondo, Paul, KG, and Baby.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Nice win, even with Ray still off. He may have hit his seasonal wall. Let him get it out of his system before the post season. Better second half keeping the Spurs off the boards. Very good Rajon, Paul and Kevin. Very good bench energy. Big win for alot of reasons. Now consistency.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Great team win!!!!!!!!!!! But why Doc take Green out when he got his 3rd foul and never put him back in smh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Nice win, even with Ray still off. He may have hit his seasonal wall. Let him get it out of his system before the post season. Better second half keeping the Spurs off the boards. Very good Rajon, Paul and Kevin. Very good bench energy. Big win for alot of reasons. Now consistency.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Ray will be back.  I knew he should say something about shots. As soon as you do you can't make them. He was just puzzled from the losses like everyone else.  He will be fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

I  think  tonight  was  Rondo's  best  game  of  the  year.  When  he's  hitting  his  J, it  takes  a  lot  of  pressure  off  of  his  team  mates.  It  showed  in  the  4th  quarter  when  KG  and  BBD  continued  to  hit  their  J's.  When  RR  is  missing  his  shots  and  isn't  aggressive  offensively, it  puts  too  much  pressure  on  everyone  else.  If  Rondo  can  continue  to  play  aggressively  and  the  injury  bug  finally  stops, the  Celts  will  make  it  back  to  the  finals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Funny I read thru all the posts and PP wasn't mentioned but 2 or 3 times, once for shooting a open 3 that he missed.  He quietly posted 21 pts, 11 rebounds, and 7 assists.  KG and Rondo both played very well. Ray needs to quit worrying about getting his shots and play.  Sometimes they are there and sometimes not. Nice win for all Celtic fans tonight.  JO looked good tonight.  Remember the guys that was wanting to buy him out or for him to retire?  Hmm do you still want that? You could tell early in this game we were going to compete
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]story of pp's career! he's the rodney dangerfield of superstars and will bewhen he is a first-ballot hall of famer and retires as the second best celtic ever (behind big russ). without pp, we lose this game. he is by far the BEST celtic, but rrondo was flashy, kg was scowling as he hit those jumpers and so forth. pp is just steady as a surgeon as he can cut you apart in more ways than anyone in the history of the game not named michael jordan. he can do it on defense, offense, everywhere. pp should get consideration for at least second team all-nba defense but likely wont because of the flash and rep of garnett! unlike rr and kg and even ray, going into the playoffs paul is the one guy i dont worry about. even if 1-20 we can still compete for he never stops competing in other parts of the game. that heat game was a prime example.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]MsLithium21, all Krstic's done is work hard and bust his tail since he's arrived.  When they replayed the injury, it did not look good.  I really think he can be a valuable piece in the playoffs.  I sure hope its just a sprain.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I am really hoping it's just a sprain too... You're right about him.  He has given us 100% and I really think he won some games for us post-trade.  He'll get even better once has the defensive system down.  We need him back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : story of pp's career! he's the rodney dangerfield of superstars and will bewhen he is a first-ballot hall of famer and retires as the second best celtic ever (behind big russ). without pp, we lose this game. he is by far the BEST celtic, but rrondo was flashy, kg was scowling as he hit those jumpers and so forth. pp is just steady as a surgeon as he can cut you apart in more ways than anyone in the history of the game not named michael jordan. he can do it on defense, offense, everywhere. pp should get consideration for at least second team all-nba defense but likely wont because of the flash and rep of garnett! unlike rr and kg and even ray, going into the playoffs paul is the one guy i dont worry about. even if 1-20 we can still compete for he never stops competing in other parts of the game. that heat game was a prime example.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  He is whatever we need him to be at the time - gives the game what it needs, whatever that is, day in and day out.  And he's carried that team on his shoulders more than people realize.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : story of pp's career! he's the rodney dangerfield of superstars and will bewhen he is a first-ballot hall of famer and retires as the second best celtic ever (behind big russ). without pp, we lose this game. he is by far the BEST celtic, but rrondo was flashy, kg was scowling as he hit those jumpers and so forth. pp is just steady as a surgeon as he can cut you apart in more ways than anyone in the history of the game not named michael jordan. he can do it on defense, offense, everywhere. pp should get consideration for at least second team all-nba defense but likely wont because of the flash and rep of garnett! unlike rr and kg and even ray, going into the playoffs paul is the one guy i dont worry about. even if 1-20 we can still compete for he never stops competing in other parts of the game. that heat game was a prime example.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I cant disagree with that.  I've always thought Pierce and Kobe were a lot alike except for P has more heart of course and he is not a....nevermind but yeah they had very similar stats for a while and Pierce is just as creative as Kobe scoring around the basket...I have seen P make some absolutely ridiculous shots in the paint, in traffic. His illest year IMO was when he got stabbed and came back, didnt miss training camp or a game and went off that year was stealing the ball, dunking on everyone....He was a monster!  He became my favorite player that year.  He is just not as flashy and not fast, but his 1st step is sick and he is very strong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : I cant disagree with that.  I've always thought Pierce and Kobe were a lot alike except for P has more heart of course and he is not a....nevermind but yeah they had very similar stats for a while and Pierce is just as creative as Kobe scoring around the basket...I have seen P make some absolutely ridiculous shots in the paint, in traffic. His illest year IMO was when he got stabbed and came back, didnt miss training camp or a game and went off that year was stealing the ball, dunking on everyone....He was a monster!  He became my favorite player that year.  He is just not as flashy and not fast, but his 1st step is sick and he is very strong.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Yes, so true Jay, very well said!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : I called it.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I think the Celtics will win everygame they play.  Right about 70% of the time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Krstic walked off the court under his own power with a bit of a limp. Good chance it was just hyperextended.....keep your fingers crossed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This was just what the doctor ordered for the Celtics.  Good games by RR, PP, and KG.  Also JG played well in limited minutes.  JON didnt really look that rusty for being out 51 games.  Good to see Wafer out there!!!  I hope Krstic will not be out long.

The pieces are starting to come together as the season wind down.