Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11

Ray Allen is feeling it so far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11:
    [QUOTE]I didn't even know the game was on. I was too busy wiping away the tears when Kansas got eliminated. Celts off to a great start!
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]hey my tarheels got their a s s handed to them by the kentucy professionals (one and dones)... with rondo, thought it was his aggravated right pinky that caused him to miss the game!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

So, is it that simple - Rondo is out and they play great......or is it that they are all frustrated from losing and the Big 3 came out more aggressive....or that we're fortunate enough to be playing the next worst team in the league?

I'm not being a smart alec to Communist's comment - I'm actually wondering what everyone thinks?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

[QUOTE]gee any coicidence the offense is cooking with rondo OUT? i think not! arroyo and west at this point BETTER! rr has to step up to his old playoff self! the defense has to play 5 on 5 now
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    you said it best...the offense without rondo is much much better...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, 80% field goal shooting.  We look so smooth.  Everything is falling.  We seem to have such chemistry out there.  Then again, Minny looks horrible.

Doc says if this were a playoff game, Rondo would be playing.  Take some rest Rondo.  We'll be ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

college ball just broke my heart this year.  EVERY team I pulled for and predicted would win......LOST.  UNC losing today was the latest heartbreak.  I had kansas in the poll.....playing and beating Ohio State.   Obviously a bad prediction on my part!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Interesting first Rondo-less quarter. Just saying 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]So, is it that simple - Rondo is out and they play great......or is it that they are all frustrated from losing and the Big 3 came out more aggressive....or that we're fortunate enough to be playing the next worst team in the league? I'm not being a smart alec to Communist's comment - I'm actually wondering what everyone thinks?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I think it's mainly the Big 3 coming out with a vengeance.  I haven't seen such fire from them in a long time and it's great!

But I think all 3 factors are there.  As much as I support Rondo, he is clearly burned out.  And when you get burned out you get into predictable ruts without even realizing.  And if you're a point guard your whole offense goes into a rut.  Take it from an ex-PG...

And the caliber of team they're playing certainly doesn't hurt.  It's about time they rack up some appropriate scores against such teams...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11 : hey my tarheels got their a s s handed to them by the kentucy professionals (one and dones)... with rondo, thought it was his aggravated right pinky that caused him to miss the game!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I thought Carolina was gonna win it all if Kansas didn't. That's why I never BET on games, because you NEVER know.

*sigh*

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

well rondo was around when we lost to even worse teams and bad teams bak to bak and fell behind by double digits 3 games in a row.. so yep, i think if rondo was there he would hwave brought the same indifferent attitude cancer to the team! rondo has a contagious mental hurdle to get over. hopefully he will miss at least 2 games so we can all see what a big difference it is to the team right now when he is out and not a threat to close games anymore either. hopefully when he returns and is still drifting, doc can have confidence to more quickly pull the plug!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

fyi.. ainge's best second best move (after green) at trade time may be bringing in arroyo! i think that combo may be the better option in the playoffs with a healthy shaq for us to win the ring! rondo is waying us down right now... perhaps showing him we may not need him, may be the spur that gets him going!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

WOW. We're in the second quarter and the Wolves only have 13 points. Yikes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Hey, I think we just got lucky tonight.  Minny looks (in my best Stephen A. Smith voice) HORRIBLE!  Michael Beasley is "gunnin it up".   Dude is putting up some shots.

We look good.  We're making solid, crisp passes.  We're putting our teammates in great positions to score the ball.  We're making shots and we're playing good defense (did I say Minny looks horrible)?

I'm going to say it now -- THERE IS NO WAY THIS GAME EVER GETS CLOSE.  I don't care what kind of "run" Minny goes on, there is no way this will ever be less than double figures.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm laughing at BBD, though.  He's my man but his lack of lift is so funny sometimes.  He's a hustle player but every now and then he gets himself confused with an offensive force.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its past nappy time, laker troll, make sure you keep nite light on...
    What a difference  a game makes..Kistic has got to take it hard to the basket and stop those fade hooks...for crying out loud, youre 7ft tall!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

I can't wait to read the "TRADE RONDO" posts tomorrow!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its past nappy time, laker troll, make sure you keep nite light on...
    What a difference  a game makes..Kistic has got to take it hard to the basket and stop those fade hooks...for crying out loud, youre 7ft tall!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Exactly, Kristic bringing everything to the hoop so weak lately.. fall away hooks, like hes terrified of getting his shot blocked.

Maybe he should take a few 15 footers.. havent seen that from in a while

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Love the hustle from Delonte.  Always get nervous when he takes a hit... and clearly his teammates do too!  He's looking great today!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

My sarcastic remark was to Lker nation,,who keeps popping up  around here..who let the roaches in??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

does anyone have a link to watch the game online?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Man we all start counting the money and the check hasn't arrived yet. Celts are cooling off, just saying. 

We gotta play these cards right tonight. 
    You gotta to know when to hold'em

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Green looking good but only 7 1/2 minutes so far..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We'll be fine if BBD stops firing up a gazillion shots and stays within his role.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I know, it's making me nervous too.  3 months ago it wouldn't have but it does now.  Let's hope they make another good run to end the half.  Show no mercy!!!