Game Thread: Celtics vs Warriors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Warriors

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty disgusted right now.  Bass is teets on a bull.  Sully has peaked.  I gave Green the HUGE benefit of the doubt......but he can go, too.

Lee  is okay.........but he can go, too.

Collins is basically useless.  I call him Mr. Zero.

I want  a HUGE trade now, not just a little one.  I can wait until the 15th.............I will still root hard for my team, but I will jump on the anti-Danny bandwagon if he does not get us some rebounding  S    O     O    N!

[/QUOTE]
    You're pretty disgusted right now? Buffoon, you've been pretty disgusting since I've been trolling here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A day off and they come out and lay an egg. GSW played last night. No energy from this Celtics team.

[/QUOTE]

Come on, look at the age gap between their best players and our best players.

Basketball is a game for young men. It is what it is.

That's why even the Lakers will not win a championship this season.

[/QUOTE]

Los Angeles has TWO chances to bring a title to Staples. Now, that's exciting.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keep Terry and Varnado. Trade KG and get something really nice to build on. You're showing just how little you know about basketball and the NBA. You keep those two. I would love to coach against a negative know it all like you

[/QUOTE]

moronicus maximus: i said preferably keep terry.  not necessarily-

who did i say to trade, EVERYONE but bradley, sullinger, varnado, melo, because this team stinks . or else if you want to come at it from the other direction, the team needs some serious help at the 5 and a new starting 4 and a new coach. 

it's one or the other.  you get caught in between and get some 5 help without dumping bass onto someone else's roster and you're playing with yourself. 

i say go for it and IF there are good deals out there to be had that make sense- DUMP rondo, pierce, green, BASS HAS TO GO, lee, terry in order to clear these INEFFECTIVE UNDER DOC RIVERS / WORN OUT players for newer pieces and high draft picks from lousy teams.

if you run across a deal where building our future hinges on trading KG to a contender???  and we work a 3 team trade and get something REALLY GOOD out of it?  i'd do it. 

anything fair value for rondo, i'd do it.  if you think you know DOODLY SQUAT about basketball and you think rondo is a team player or "good" for the point guard slot at 60% free throws and ZERO consistency, i've got a bridge to sell you.  let him be someone else's riddle without an answer. 

i bet if rondo felt like a contract extension depended on him being a capable shooter, he'd straighten his crap out!!!  he'll never FEEL THAT WAY IN BOSTON, so get what you can for him now.  this team has ruined rondo has a based-in-reality entity. 

that's about it.  take a good long look for deals that can be crafted to shake things up.  if nothing turns up before the trade deadline i'd trade / cut / release up to 10 out of the 13 players we currently have in the offseason.  this team is not built to succeed as it's currently constituted. 

frankly, no team with a MORON of a coach and an abject ball hog BALL STOPPER of a point guard can succeed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pierce and Terry look old and slow.

Maybe time to start some of the youngsters....Green, Lee, and Sullinger with KG and Rondo?

It will never happen though.

[/QUOTE]

you have to ditch the antiques or ditch doc rivers to make this team work.  there's just no way around it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty disgusted right now.  Bass is teets on a bull.  Sully has peaked.  I gave Green the HUGE benefit of the doubt......but he can go, too.

Lee  is okay.........but he can go, too.

Collins is basically useless.  I call him Mr. Zero.

I want  a HUGE trade now, not just a little one.  I can wait until the 15th.............I will still root hard for my team, but I will jump on the anti-Danny bandwagon if he does not get us some rebounding  S    O     O    N!

[/QUOTE]

Amare for Lee, Bass, and Green.

More star power for the Celts. 

Doesn't make the Celts instant contenders, but at least we get another superstar. I mean come on, Lee, Bass, and Green, combined, will not sell tickets.

[/QUOTE]

why are you interested in the celts selliing tickets?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe time to start some of the youngsters....Green, Lee, and Sullinger with KG and Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't hurt.  Hell bring KG and Pierce off the bench.  PP looked awful last night!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't hurt.  Hell bring KG and Pierce off the bench.  PP looked awful last night!!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Pierce looked awful last night.  But, Pierce has good and bad games (40 and 35 or some such crazy numbers).  Doc's not going to give that up, especially for players like Green who are not going to play with enough determination and confidence to score a lot.  Green has never been a 20 or 25 point scorer.  That's what Pierce is capable of while Green is not.

The solution is not in who starts, but in how many minutes they get.  Give Green longer stretches with Pierce in the game and then with KG in the game.