Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards

Let's come out and play 48 minutes.  I look for Rondo to score a little more tonight and I really want to see what Hollins can bring.

Let's go Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards

if my memory serves me rite, these guys have Nene now..could have some trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Living in the DC area, I get the Comcast DC network and they just announced that Nene will not play due to back spasms.  He's out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

wow. lucky. 

GOOD TO BE BACK HOME!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards:
    [QUOTE]Living in the DC area, I get the Comcast DC network and they just announced that Nene will not play due to back spasms.  He's out.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

What about Ray....will he be playing today.  If we're without Ray and Pietrus, we will be struggling a bit on scoring.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Nevermind.  I just read where both Ray and Pietrus are out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, we look so crisp offensively and defensively.

Washington has started out really slow but you know they'll make a run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i really really like this AB-Rondo backcourt..Doc should consider playing ray off the bench..less minutes and he could help the scoring load..Rondo and Bradley play really well together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Amazing AB!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, we look so crisp offensively and defensively. Washington has started out really slow but you know they'll make a run.

with Bradley in the starting lineup, our starting 5 is suddenly not that old at all. more active and quick on both offense and defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I can't see the game, yet, but I'm shocked that Bradley is scoring so well.  Wish we could count on it more often and against better teams.....that would be huge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Ray coming from the bench..it has been an unanimous decision in this forum...makes total sense...ray could easily average 15 with 2nd unit

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Ray coming from the bench..it has been an unanimous decision in this forum...makes total sense...ray could easily average 15 with 2nd unit
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

sorry, not unanimous.  But, I agree that Ray should not start next year.  No way, however, I take one good shooting game by Bradley over the MANY games by Ray.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Afterall.....its the Wizards!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : sorry, not unanimous.  But, I agree that Ray should not start next year.  No way, however, I take one good shooting game by Bradley over the MANY games by Ray.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    AB has been very consistent. Defensively and offensively 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : AB has been very consistent. Defensively and offensively 
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Yes, but not against all star guards and not in the tough situations like Ray has this year.  Playoffs on the line, important wins on the line.....I love AB in for stinks to play great D but a star game against the Wizards doesn't buy you the right to replace Ray Allen, yet.   

But, I am happy for AB.  Remember when we all thought he was a waste and was never going to be a good player?

That's why I say watch out for JJJ and Moore next year.   One year with Doc and young players seem to really start to grow, ala Rondo, Perk, Big Al, Delonte, and now Bradley.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards:
    [QUOTE]Let's come out and play 48 minutes.  I look for Rondo to score a little more tonight and I really want to see what Hollins can bring. Let's go Celtics.

Not tonight it seems, he's looking for the pass even when he's got a free lane to the basket.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : Yes, but not against all star guards and not in the tough situations like Ray has this year.  Playoffs on the line, important wins on the line.....I love AB in for stinks to play great D but a star game against the Wizards doesn't buy you the right to replace Ray Allen, yet.    But, I am happy for AB.  Remember when we all thought he was a waste and was never going to be a good player? That's why I say watch out for JJJ and Moore next year.   One year with Doc and young players seem to really start to grow, ala Rondo, Perk, Big Al, Delonte, and now Bradley.
    It doesn't mean Ray can't be a closer 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

oops...that "stints" not StinksSmile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : Not tonight it seems, he's looking for the pass even when he's got a free lane to the basket.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Bet money that Rondo is going to look for Bradley a lot and look to break some kind of assist record. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : Bet money that Rondo is going to look for Bradley a lot and look to break some kind of assist record. 

I'll take that bet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

You know, I just cannot understand why Rondo is reluctant to shoot the basketball.  Doesn't Doc want him to shoot?  I'm watching the Wizards broadcast and Buckhanz and Chenier keep saying how all Rondo looks to do is pass.  I'd really like to see him shoot the ball.

This is the kind of game that Rondo can really work in his all-around game.  He should be working on hitting some mid-range shots.  Seems the only time he wants to shoot is half court end-of-period heaves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : Yes, but not against all star guards and not in the tough situations like Ray has this year.  Playoffs on the line, important wins on the line.....I love AB in for stinks to play great D but a star game against the Wizards doesn't buy you the right to replace Ray Allen, yet.    But, I am happy for AB.  Remember when we all thought he was a waste and was never going to be a good player? That's why I say watch out for JJJ and Moore next year.   One year with Doc and young players seem to really start to grow, ala Rondo, Perk, Big Al, Delonte, and now Bradley.

im not even looking at avery's scoring as the reason to start him. i think when he is on the court with the starting unit we are faster, play with more energy, quickness, intensity, much better defensively.

and its not even all a knock on ray. ray is a scorer, so if he comes off the bench where theres not alot of scoring, he can be the guy that just comes in and scores for us, we need that. lets be honest, ray has games where he lights it up, but he is either non existant or a beast in games..theres not really an in between. and we all know about his defense. 

i think AB makes us younger in the starting lineup, better on D and faster on O.

s/n - Stiemsma has worked on his rebounding, its looking better and better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : I'll take that bet.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]
    You're going to bet that he's not going to pass a lot and try to get as many assists as he can?  Hmmm.   I didn't say he'll break some record, just that he will look to pass all night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : im not even looking at avery's scoring as the reason to start him. i think when he is on the court with the starting unit we are faster, play with more energy, quickness, intensity, much better defensively. and its not even all a knock on ray. ray is a scorer, so if he comes off the bench where theres not alot of scoring, he can be the guy that just comes in and scores for us, we need that. lets be honest, ray has games where he lights it up, but he is either non existant or a beast in games..theres not really an in between. and we all know about his defense.  i think AB makes us younger in the starting lineup, better on D and faster on O. s/n - Stiemsma has worked on his rebounding, its looking better and better.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I understand your logic.  I disagree but I can see your point.  I'll just trust Doc's judgement on this.

In the end, the important thing is we have another reliable tool in Bradley.  I like that.