Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks

The played a veteran game, like they've been here done that before. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Me and my sone both jumped off the couch and my grand son didnt after lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I was really worried about Ray. Tonight he looked the best that he has in a couple of months. He posted, he was ahead of everyone on the floor, he hit the boards, his legs were there. His shot was a thing of beauty. Let's see if they can break N.Y's spirit now. I hope Billup's needs to rest the whole series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitowncelt. Show chitowncelt's posts

In-bounds play was key, but did anyone notice how may defensive rebounds we got in the second half with a two-handed grab instead of tipping the ball?  That's boxing out and being physical underneath and the transition points came directly from it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : I wasnt either bud.... especially since i only came on late second half... and the only thing i was critical about was Rondo and it was well deserved.... have a nice day
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    My post wasn't intended as an indictment against you, CA sox.  Just those who go on and on about how much the C's or Doc suks or how the game is lost before it has ended.  There is nothing wrong with a bit of deserved criticism (and yes, Rondo pulled a couple of brain f@rts).  Some folks just ramp up the negativity, though, you know?  And I find that to be tiresome.  Where is the faith?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]what a game...the play of the game was the alleyoop..rivers won this game with that play..
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Agreed...that play was huge not only because it brought them within one but also took no time off the clock.. cudos to Doc  rondo and kg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]Survive and play on.  That was huge for us and a crusher for NY.  Knicks cannot play better and may have lost Billups.  Great wake-up.
    Posted by chitowncelt[/QUOTE]

exactly...wow...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

oh yeahhhhhhh, where are the DOOMERS now? perky waould have been on the floor driving that ball to the hoop right? alls well that ends well. celts win and ainge is a genius. we lose and he SUKKKKKKS! tonite he's a genius!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : My post wasn't intended as an indictment against you, CA sox.  Just those who go on and on about how much the C's or Doc suks or how the game is lost before it has ended.  There is nothing wrong with a bit of deserved criticism (and yes, Rondo pulled a couple of brain f@rts).  Some folks just ramp up the negativity, though, you know?  And I find that to be tiresome.  Where is the faith?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Fair enough Joel ...plus when I responded to your post, I was joking bud.... but in all honesty my faith was waning....until of course Ray's shot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Knicks played there arses off tonight credit to them too.  That made for a great and exciting game,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : Fair enough Joel ...plus when I responded to your post, I was joking bud.... but in all honesty my faith was waning....until of course Ray's shot
    Posted by CASox

Well, in all honesty mine was being tested, too. Whew!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : we get it joel, gold star for your cheerleading...move on, great win...faith is for fools...
    Posted by elvis-surfs[/QUOTE]

Sometimes faith is all we have left, man.  Speaking of which, has anyone seen our no. 1 cheerleader, Ms. Lithium?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

all those people saying that Ray isn't clutch or that he is never clutch in games that mean anything, BOOM

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i really dont expect new york to play this good in game 2...also i dont expect celtics to come out the gate sleep walking...i give props to doc and the whole team...ONE HELL OF A GAME PLAYED...or should i say ONE HELL OF A SECOND HALF PLAYED...this is a great kick in the a$* and im sure we will wake up now!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Great game, Great win!
    But...We better play better than this if we really want a true title run!
    Great game from JON (wow) and I hope Shaq can give us something soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : Sometimes faith is all we have left, man.  Speaking of which, has anyone seen our no. 1 cheerleader, Ms. Lithium?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

ok, well, hope is one thing, faith is a religious thing, for another board...so far as Ms. Lithium, maybe the globe gave her the day off...Sunday and all...I am going to delete my other post, a little harsh...my apologies...be good and go Celts!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If we have both oneil's healthy..WOW!! Thats' what Ainge was counting on...remeber all the critics, goin on and on about JO.....coul' be more wrong.I knew he could play..but not at this level...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We will have to improve in two areas in order to close this out.
    1 - KG has to play better (was too soft around the basket, got stopped too much) and was torched by Amare.  He's got to slow him down more.
    2 - We need bench help.  I think Delonte and Green have to play more minutes and Baby has to place less emphasis on perimeter shooting and get inside to bang.

Overall, I thought Rondo played well.  He was 1 rebound and 1 assist shy of a triple double.  JON played great interior defense and Pierce just grinded out the win.

Our starters grinded this one out but we can play better.  I wonder if NY can.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : ok, well, hope is one thing, faith is a religious thing, for another board...so far as Ms. Lithium, maybe the globe gave her the day off...Sunday and all...I am going to delete my other post, a little harsh...my apologies...be good and go Celts!
    Posted by elvis-surfs[/QUOTE]
    No problem, elvis.  Don't give it a second thought.   And I dont think that faith is exclusively the domain of religion, especially since I consider myself to be an agnostic at best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

It  was  a  great  win  to  start  the  playoffs.  Some  real  positives :  JO  gave  us  some  valuable  minutes.  He'll  probably  need  to  play  more  minutes  as  the  playoffs  proceed.  Ray  has  found  his  stroke  again.  And  some  negatives :  KG  was  badly  outplayed  by  Stoudimire.  RR  was  his  usual  erratic  self.  HE  needs  to  make  better  decisions  with  his  passes, especially  with  the  game  on  the  line.  And  the  bench  only  scored  8  points  against  a  weak  Knicks  defense.  The  good  news  is  the  Celts  can  and  most  likely  will  improve  on  tonight's  performance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

why the 9 player rotation? The roster looks depleted!!! I think Sasha could be our energy guy for our home games, he could be used. None of the guys were listed. I think I missed something. Was it Docs decision??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]We will have to improve in two areas in order to close this out. 1 - KG has to play better (was too soft around the basket, got stopped too much) and was torched by Amare.  He's got to slow him down more. 2 - We need bench help.  I think Delonte and Green have to play more minutes and Baby has to place less emphasis on perimeter shooting and get inside to bang. Overall, I thought Rondo played well.  He was 1 rebound and 1 assist shy of a triple double.  JON played great interior defense and Pierce just grinded out the win. Our starters grinded this one out but we can play better.  I wonder if NY can.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Agree on all counts, Petey.  And I would add that they need to take their shots when presented and not over pass into a worse shot opportunity.  I don't think the Knicks can play any better, although Melo was off.  If Billups can't go, they have no chance (not that I think they have one anyway).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In-bounds play was key, but did anyone notice how may defensive rebounds we got in the second half with a two-handed grab instead of tipping the ball?  That's boxing out and being physical underneath and the transition points came directly from it.
    Posted by chitowncelt[/QUOTE]

We actually outrebounded someone!  And look at the difference having a center makes.  JON's blocks and rebounds and points were HUGE.  Good team effort.  Everyone contributed.  

Paul might have a series like the one with Lebron - spending his time harassing Carmelo and not having great offensive outputs.  But, whatever makes us win, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]why the 9 player rotation? The roster looks depleted!!! I think Sasha could be our energy guy for our home games, he could be used. None of the guys were listed. I think I missed something. Was it Docs decision??
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

I think it was the flow of the game and it was tight. We will use a bigger bench with leads