Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase

made the thread early bc im so amped up for this game..so many factors going into this game..

- Celts just took over 1st in the position
    - Celtics and Heat dont like each other
    - Back in Boston
    - CELTICS AND HEAT DONT LIKE EACH OTHER!

this one is gunna be physical, rough, tough, as KG would say, "a bar fight." anyone who thinks the Heat are unbeatable are delusional..win or lose this one should be good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase

some links to get u guys excited..this has turned into somewhat of a rivalry.

and why i love Kevin Garnett:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

My one key to this game is Rondo.

We know PP and RA (or AB) will struggle with Lebron and Wade.  They always make things tough for PP and RA so it should not be a surprise if they don't go off offensively.

Bass has to neutralize Bosh and KG should outplay their center.

That leaves Rondo.  I don't think the assist opportunities will be plentiful today since Miami plays our scorers so tight.  Therefore, Rondo will have to assume some of the scoring burden today.  He will have to be aggressive offensively.

I'm not saying Rondo has to score 30 but for us to be successful, he'll have to be more aggressive offensively than he's been lately.  I'd take an 18 point 12 assists game from Rondo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase:
    [QUOTE]My one key to this game is Rondo. We know PP and RA (or AB) will struggle with Lebron and Wade.  They always make things tough for PP and RA so it should not be a surprise if they don't go off offensively. Bass has to neutralize Bosh and KG should outplay their center. That leaves Rondo.  I don't think the assist opportunities will be plentiful today since Miami plays our scorers so tight.  Therefore, Rondo will have to assume some of the scoring burden today.  He will have to be aggressive offensively. I'm not saying Rondo has to score 30 but for us to be successful, he'll have to be more aggressive offensively than he's been lately.  I'd take an 18 point 12 assists game from Rondo.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Ray Allen is out today. heres an update on RA and MP:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]Ray Allen is out today. heres an update on RA and MP: http://postups.celticsconnect.com/?source=040112_twitter
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Hopefully one of them makes a speedy recovery, we'll need him during that brutal stretch.
    Go C's, beat the Heat. I really dislike that team and Wade tops the list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, Ray's out again!  Something doesn't seem right with his injury.

He's been out for 6 consecutive games AFTER playing "injured" on it for 3 or 4 games (he injured it against LAC).  It's been reported over the past few games that he comes out and tries to give it a go during the shoot arounds.

Maybe it's just me but if his ankle is so bad that today Doc says "he literally can't play" if this was a playoff game, why has he been trying to give it a go during shoot arounds?  Should Ray have not been simply shut down for a week or so without ANY activitiy in order to give the injury time to heal?

Just seems that the way things are reported about Ray's injury from game to game and then a report like this today leaves alot of questions.  It simply doesn't make sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics_Suck. Show Celtics_Suck's posts

[QUOTE]Ray Allen is out today. heres an update on RA and MP: http://postups.celticsconnect.com/?source=040112_twitter

Here come all the excuses about today's loss. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : Here come all the excuses about today's loss. 
    Posted by Celtics_Suck[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

RONDOO!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If Rondo, like I said, is aggressive offensively, he can take some of the scoring burden off the others.  Honestly, Miami doesn't have a player who can stay with him.

If he's aggressive offensively, he can get whatever he wants.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Rondo took your advice to heart Petey, allthough being on national tv matters too.
    Keep it up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I'm hoping for a tripple double that fuels a fierce Celtics win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

WOW!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

: Rondo has either scored or had the assist on every made basket for the  so far. C's lead 21-12 w/2:43 to play in 1Q.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Maybe there is something to this national TV theory.  Honestly, this guy can do this every night if he so wanted.  Why he doesn't want to is beyond me.  I just hope he continues to be aggressive this game and doesn't resort to looking to make the "snazzy" pass.  Rondo can score when he wants and he should until they adjust to stop him.  Then he can go back into assist mode.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

man the refs are weird today..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

On days, it is still obvious that we not only miss a rebounder. We miss some more guys who are a threat from 3 land as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I HATE Joey Crawford officiating games.  He thinks folks are there to see him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]man the refs are weird today..

The are not weird, they are dinsosaurs. The make our big 3 look really young.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

As enjoyable as this start should be to watch, it frustrating because the reffs are going to allow the Heat to physically abuse other teams.  And they call phantoms against their opponents.  In a seven game series it will be very difficult to overcome the physical beatings they are allowed to get away with.

Haslem is also a punk, he's got no business acting like he's got a beef with Pierce.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I HATE Joey Crawford officiating games.  He thinks folks are there to see him.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

he really does..its embarrassing. the way the players look at him after a call is hilarious.

in all seriousness tho, how can this guy still have a job after being a part of a referee cheating scandal?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Rondo, once again with LeBron on the court, is the best player out there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i mean come on...these guys are grabbing us! look at the Stiemsma play!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I'm especially proud to be a Celtic today, they play close to perfection.