Garnett and Pierce's silence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Garnett and Pierce's silence

I think it is odd that both Kevin and Paul have not spoken on leaving.  Are they mad about something?  It seems a statement or interview concerning "bleeding green" and the time spent here should have been made.  Did Danny or ownership lose them during this process?  Most of us are aware how much they will be missed despite the good sense in getting something for them.

But why the silence.  What happened?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Garnett and Pierce's silence

In response to Fierce34's comment:

They're doing the right thing by being silent.

We all know both Pierce and KG wanted to retire with the Celts.

Obviously they're disappointed.

The Globe and the media in town have expressed great appreciation.  I think they are happier than you think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think they're disappointed, as would be expected, and don't want to say the wrong thing at this time. I think both wanted to retire as Celtics. Although i was for trading them to get younger, i'm not so sure it was the right thing to do. Guys like that don't come along very often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Even Drew Bledsoe took out a full page ad in the Herald thanking the fans of Boston and all of New England, Couldn't KG and Pierce at least acknowledge the fans who indirectly paid their salaries and loved them unquestioningly ???

And how about a THANK YOU to the Celtics for giving them the opportunity to play for the most legendary  basketball team in the WORLD ? 

And what about a thank you to Danny Ainge and the Grousbeck family for trading them to Brooklyn where they will have the opportunity to play on the biggest stage and compete against the legendary Miami Heat to win another championship ? Hasn't Portland been after Pierce for YEARS ? How about a thank you to the Celtics for keeping them together on the same team ?

Their silence says a lot about their true character......

And I wonder what's going to happen when Kelly Olynyk averages more points and rebounds than KG ? I bet $10,000,000 we will all be called racists for all the attention Olynyk is going to get as the new star of the Celtics......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I think it is odd that both Kevin and Paul have not spoken on leaving.  Are they mad about something?  It seems a statement or interview concerning "bleeding green" and the time spent here should have been made.  Did Danny or ownership lose them during this process?  Most of us are aware how much they will be missed despite the good sense in getting something for them.

But why the silence.  What happened?

Because they can, thats why...Look at it this way you'll miss them a lot more then they will miss you. Millionair players move on , have new fans and you're  something of the past. Don't cry , i really dought that they will wear your number !