Garnett is playing some amazing basketball.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Garnett is playing some amazing basketball.

Have to say that he is playing so good this year. In fact he's playing great. Hope he stays fit for your team this season.

Certainly shows how long it took him to get over the injury from two seasons ago. I can't say I'm shocked at his play, but I'm happy for him that he's back to what seems to be full fitness.

IF Boston wins, IF. You could well expect to see number #5 retired before too long. Certainly the reason for the Celtics success over the last 4 seasons. Wouldn't be the first player to have his number retired by two different teams, as he'll have #21 retired in Minnesota as well. Perhaps even if the Celtics don't win this season he still may have his #5 retired. But a second title would probably make it an undeniable case for the number being retired.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Garnett is playing some amazing basketball.

I have no doubt that the Celtics will retire his number someday. As for the wolves, the owner is a strange guy. I would not be surprised if Boston is the only team to retire his number.

KG is the Celtic Ideal. Team play and championships come first. Individual accolades come some where down the list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

K.G is playing like he's 30 years old again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

While some have said that he is playing like 2004, I will withhold judgement until I see him stop people like Lebron, Wade, Kobe, and Rose. In 2OO4, there was no player in the NBA that he could not guard. In that year he was the only player to prevent the NBA scoring champ, Tracy McGrady, from scoring a single point.
    In that year no less a person than Michael Jordan said that if KG were in the Eastern Conference he would dominate. This was a statement made after he destroyed Jordan's offensive game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Garnett is playing some amazing basketball.:
    [QUOTE]While some have said that he is playing like 2004, I will withhold judgement until I see him stop people like Lebron, Wade, Kobe, and Rose. In 2OO4, there was no player in the NBA that he could not guard. In that year he was the only player to prevent the NBA scoring champ, Tracy McGrady, from scoring a single point. In that year no less a person than Michael Jordan said that if KG were in the Eastern Conference he would dominate. This was a statement made after he destroyed Jordan's offensive game.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

The Celtics already played the Heat and Bulls twice, both times the Celtics won. Wade and Lebron play for the Heat and Rose for the Bulls, right? What gives?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I love what I'm seeing from Garnett too. I hope he keeps it up. If he can help deliver at least one more NBA title to the Celtics, then I think he deserves to see his number retired. If the current group cannot win another title, then the only active Celtic whose number should be retired is Paul Pierce's because of his service time to the team. The other guys haven't been here long enough and plenty of teams can win a championship once. The challenge is to win multiple titles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

Well, only one championship can be won in a year, they are not that common

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Yes, the Celtics have played the Heat and the Bulls and KG played very well.

In his "Sota" days he was required to play the other teams best offensive player regardless of position, especially in crunch time. More that once, he stuffed Pierce as the clock ran down, stuffed Kobe, stuffed McGrady, stuffed Carter, and even Jordan.

I know that is not his job for the Celtics; however, he occasionally gets the top scorer from other teams on switch-offs. He did a good job on Lebron, who passed the ball rather than challenge KG, however, I have not seen him stop Rose, or Kobe, or Wade yet. Yes it is a tall order for a 7'1" guy to stop a two guard or a point guard, but KG used to do it easily in 2004. He may have returned to that level; however, the time machine would have to be working overtime for that to happen. I hope every one is right, because if it is, God help the rest of the NBA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If the Celtics had the best record at the end of the year and Garnett continued to play like he is (two very big ifs), would you consider him for MVP?   I would, but I'm a Celts fan.

He'll never get it because Celts are so balanced.  Also, his stats won't show like Lebron's or his scoring won't show like Durant (its such a stats based award).....but his impact on the team is certainly tremendous as he's the energy and drive behind our D and often our O, as well.  He's back to the player who made such a huge difference his first year here!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, the Celtics have played the Heat and the Bulls and KG played very well. In his "Sota" days he was required to play the other teams best offensive player regardless of position, especially in crunch time. More that once, he stuffed Pierce as the clock ran down, stuffed Kobe, stuffed McGrady, stuffed Carter, and even Jordan. I know that is not his job for the Celtics; however, he occasionally gets the top scorer from other teams on switch-offs. He did a good job on Lebron, who passed the ball rather than challenge KG, however, I have not seen him stop Rose, or Kobe, or Wade yet. Yes it is a tall order for a 7'1" guy to stop a two guard or a point guard, but KG used to do it easily in 2004. He may have returned to that level; however, the time machine would have to be working overtime for that to happen. I hope every one is right, because if it is, God help the rest of the NBA.

How many points did Wade have against the 2 games versus the Celtics? 

Derrick Rose hasn't burned the Celtics for 30 points yet this season. Remember back in the 2009 playoffs, when KG missed the playoffs, how Derrick Rose attacked the basket at will because the Celtics had Mikki Moore instead of KG?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Good point Fierce. He certainly has made an impact, and he may be at 2004 level; however, it is different being the goal keeper than the primary defender.

At one time he would dare the quickest people in the NBA to drive around him or shoot over him, granted he does that after others have missed their assignment; however, it is not the same as one on one situation. If I see him do it on a switch off against some of these guys then I will know that he really is at 2004 level again.

If that is the case, then I would rather see the Celtics play the Spurs in the finals, so that KG would finally get his due.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, the Celtics have played the Heat and the Bulls and KG played very well. In his "Sota" days he was required to play the other teams best offensive player regardless of position, especially in crunch time. More that once, he stuffed Pierce as the clock ran down, stuffed Kobe, stuffed McGrady, stuffed Carter, and even Jordan. I know that is not his job for the Celtics; however, he occasionally gets the top scorer from other teams on switch-offs. He did a good job on Lebron, who passed the ball rather than challenge KG, however, I have not seen him stop Rose, or Kobe, or Wade yet. Yes it is a tall order for a 7'1" guy to stop a two guard or a point guard, but KG used to do it easily in 2004. He may have returned to that level; however, the time machine would have to be working overtime for that to happen. I hope every one is right, because if it is, God help the rest of the NBA.

It his not his job to stop SG's, even if it once was, like in '04. If they come into the paint he should obviosuly contest, but not man them up, that is silly.

He is possibly healthy enough now to play LeBron. Miami will start Mike Miller and prob put Wade on Rondo in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

KG is on fire right now and everyone knew that his legs would be back given the time.

Were going to be incredibly hard to stop come the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Great job KG doing a fantastic job on the boards and defense.
    Good luck to you and the C's for the rest of the season, l am your
    number "1"  fan I always have, and will be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Ram,

You obviously jumped in without reading all of the posts. Of course it is not KG's job, on this team, to guard the best offensive player on the other team. He is the leader of the team defense and does what is necessary to make the team defense work best.

This was an explanation as to why I was not sure that KG was at 2004 levels. In 2004 he did guard the other teams top offensive threat. The question is not whether he should or should not guard that person, but whether or not he is still quick enough to guard ones and twos. Until I see him do it on a switch off, I will not be sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Whether KG can guard Lebron, Wade, or Rose 1 on 1 is not important. What's important is the Celtics keep winning and KG is healthy. 

It's a given that KG is not as quick as the KG of 2004. There's a big difference between being 28 years old and being 34 years old.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I agree with point number one and point number two remains to be seen.

Go Celtics.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

as long as he plays like the player he thought they could be - and it looks like he's ever bit of that - I really don't care what he did in 2004, I care about 2008, and I care about this year.  His injury should set some expectations of how long it may take perkins to get back to form.  I don't think KG's injury was considered as serious, but Perk is a lot younger - so, he should head faster/better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, even if KG isn't as athletic to guard the 3's as he used to be, he's also more equipped to guard the 5's than he was back then.

Also, his ability to play "middle linebacker" in a basketball sense is better than ever.  His help defense is more important than his individual defense.  And now he's perfectly suited to guard the nba 4's and most 5's.  This year, we need that more than we need guys who can guard the wings.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I don't disagree at all.

playing at a 2008 level should be good enough for #18.