Garnett needs to shoot more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Garnett needs to shoot more

Garnett was five for 8 from the field.  He was constantly open and as usual looks to pass first.  

He shoots with great accuracy and in a tightly contested game can get a shot at anytime. If he would take the initiative and shoot more often I believe it would open Ray and Paul up in games like today when they are being covered so closely.

You would see Pierce open down near the basket and Ray sitting on the three line.
    Garnett needs to take 12 to 15 shots a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Garnett needs to shoot more

In Response to Garnett needs to shoot more:
    [QUOTE]Garnett was five for 8 from the field.  He was constantly open and as usual looks to pass first.   He shoots with great accuracy and in a tightly contested game can get a shot at anytime. If he would take the initiative and shoot more often I believe it would open Ray and Paul up in games like today when they are being covered so closely. You would see Pierce open down near the basket and Ray sitting on the three line. Garnett needs to take 12 to 15 shots a game.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You are 100% correct!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I want to see more low post offence and KG is a part of this.  You can be too unselfish at times

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG's unselfish game is a two edged sword. Over the years he has usually been number one or two in field goal percentage in the NBA. On the other hand, KG's team first example, has set an example and inspired his teammates to unselfish offensive play, and helped everyone buy into true team defense. KG came to the Celtics as a perennial first team all-star with a reputation for leaving everything on the floor. Instead of insisting that he get the ball, instead of allowing the media to focus on him, KG insisted on team first play and team first focus.

KG only cares about winning.

Thank God for KG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Garnett needs to shoot more:
    [QUOTE]KG's unselfish game is a two edged sword. Over the years he has usually been number one or two in field goal percentage in the NBA. On the other hand, KG's team first example, has set an example and inspired his teammates to unselfish offensive play, and helped everyone buy into true team defense. KG came to the Celtics as a perennial first team all-star with a reputation for leaving everything on the floor. Instead of insisting that he get the ball, instead of allowing the media to focus on him, KG insisted on team first play and team first focus. KG only cares about winning. Thank God for KG.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

If KG wants to keep winning he better become more aggressive on the offensive end. KG has all the tools, he can score inside and out, the problem is he's too unselfish sometimes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nobody is saying KG become a ball hog.  He needs to shoot as a way of opening the floor up on the offensive end.   He is clearly unselfish, but his height and love of the mid range shot make him the guy that will set Paul and Ray free.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

And KG should take advantage of guys like Ryan Anderson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I thought it was Rondo he needs to shot more???? You guys need to make your minds up.....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]I thought it was Rondo he needs to shot more???? You guys need to make your minds up.....lol
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Yeah he should have shot instead of passing to Pierce for that 4th quarter dunk.KG probably has a better grap of what to do and when to do it than the armchair coach-gms on this board. It must suck to watch your team dominate a good opponent while figuring out who to criticize for some imagined failing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Team is second best record in the league, but we fans want this one to shoot more, that one to shoot more, etc.

Guess why they have the best field goal percentage in the league?  Because they make the extra pass to get the best shots.  Number 1 in the league in assists - They do it for a reason - because THEY DO IT TOGETHER!!!

KG shoots just fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

As I said, it is a two edged sword.

As you probably know, it is unlikely that there a bigger KG fan on this board than I am.

I would be more concerned if the the Celtics were losing, and the psychology of the team were in disarray. With the entire starting five shooting over 50%, things seam to be working pretty well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]He doesn't post enough and it pisses me off. Also when he does post he never dribbles at the defender to draw a foul he does fade aways. It's aggravating as hell. He is also a great post passers so if someone cuts he usually hits them on time.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I agree. KG opting for fade-away jumpers is just like Rondo opting for assists rather than scoring easy buckets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This BB comments on games and impressions.  It seemed too many Garnett should shoot more than 8 times a game.  

Sometimes Rondo does not shoot enough today he did. 

We comment on each game and takes us in different directions.  Generally Garnett and Ray need to shoot more.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I think that what you are saying has been said since the beginning of his career. Even when he led the league in total points, in 2004, his MVP year, people wanted him to take more shots, and post up more, because he is so good at it.

The only time I ever saw him demand the ball consistently, was when he was playing against Duncan and the Spurs, when he was in Minnesota.

KG is a company man, and if Doc tells him to take more shots, or make more post up shots, he will. I think that sometimes he is too unselfish, but it is his unselfishness that makes the Celtics the Celtics. Be careful what you wish for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Garnett needs to shoot more:
    [QUOTE]Garnett was five for 8 from the field.  He was constantly open and as usual looks to pass first.   He shoots with great accuracy and in a tightly contested game can get a shot at anytime. If he would take the initiative and shoot more often I believe it would open Ray and Paul up in games like today when they are being covered so closely. You would see Pierce open down near the basket and Ray sitting on the three line. Garnett needs to take 12 to 15 shots a game.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    I think you nailed it. When he is shakin and bakin down low he seems to get good results.