Gasol may be our best, or only center option

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Gasol may be our best, or only center option

I think Gasol may be our best, and possibly only option.

Gasol at 20 million is as good or better a value as Roy Hibbert @ max contract.

Or Brook Lopey at whatever grossly inflated price he will command in a year with so much cap space across the league.

After those two FAs, there's not a whole lot of talent to speak of, and all of it will be bid up to a poorer value than Gasol.

Gasol may not seem like a good value, but that's only because we've never had the need to seriously compete for top level free agents in the big 3 era.

Without a trade for Gasol, our best value option may be talking Jermaine out of retirement with a $6 million contract. lol, you get my drift.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option

In response to "Gasol may be our best, or only center option": [QUOTE]45ff8fa251b09b48f4eae3f8852ac8e4 I think Gasol may be our best, and possibly only option. Gasol at 20 million is as good or better a value as Roy Hibbert @ max contract. Or Brook Lopey at whatever grossly inflated price he will command in a year with so much cap space across the league. After those two FAs, there's not a whole lot of talent to speak of, and all of it will be bid up to a poorer value than Gasol. Gasol may not seem like a good value, but that's only because we've never had the need to seriously compete for top level free agents in the big 3 era. Without a trade for Gasol, our best value option may be talking Jermaine out of retirement with a $6 million contract. lol, you get my drift. Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE] Excellent point!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

I expect that Gasol and Kapono will be traded to Houston for Lowry, Scola and Thabeet.

Lowry and Scola is a better package then Rondo and JON.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Hibbert can really alter the game with his size, but I would take Gasol over him...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I cannot see Gasol making this Celtics team an instant contender.  Granted, they would be better, and they'd be getting a pretty good player for the next few years, but I am not sure the Big 3 has enough left to take out Chicago or Miami even with Gasol. 

And who would play the 1?  PG by committee -- Dooling and Bradley?  Another vet bought out?   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option:
    [QUOTE]I cannot see Gasol making this Celtics team an instant contender.  Granted, they would be better, and they'd be getting a pretty good player for the next few years, but I am not sure the Big 3 has enough left to take out Chicago or Miami even with Gasol.  And who would play the 1?  PG by committee -- Dooling and Bradley?  Another vet bought out?   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I don't want to see Rondo traded, but Gasol would be a great addition to this team for the next couple of years.   Just not sure that the Celtics would be a better team without a point guard for the remainder of the season.  Bradley has improved and is ok, but he isn't Rondo. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I expect Gasol to be traded to Houston and not Boston.
    Gasol/Kapono for Lowry/Scola/Thabeet.
    That is a better trade for LA then Rondo and JON.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]I expect Gasol to be traded to Houston and not Boston. Gasol/Kapono for Lowry/Scola/Thabeet. That is a better trade for LA then Rondo and JON.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]
    Mark from CT. with all your likely previous troll postings.  The Lakers can make this trade and not improve at all.  I love it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I AGREE......  A VERY GOOD OPTION, ALONG WITH THE REMOVAL OF THE AAU POINT GUARD THAT CAN'T SHOOT JUMPERS OR FOUL SHOTS.......  WITH RAY ALLEN & K G MOVING ON , THOSE SPOTS CAN/WILL BE IMPROVED TOO !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option : Mark from CT. with all your likely previous troll postings.  The Lakers can make this trade and not improve at all.  I love it!
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Lowry play or looked at his stats?
    This deal would make LA much better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option : Have you seen Lowry play or looked at his stats? This deal would make LA much better.

Glad to see Gina is gone!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option : Glad to see Gina is gone!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I think someone didn't like Gina.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option : I think someone didn't like Gina.

Maybe we'll all like Mark better - I think the lakers are NUTS to trade Gasol....always have felt that way!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option : Maybe we'll all like Mark better - I think the lakers are NUTS to trade Gasol....always have felt that way!!

If LA can't get Sessions/Calderon or someone similar through draft picks, their traded player exception or from trading lesser players, they have to trade Gasol to get a pg/pf.

Gasol's stock is pretty high right now.
    Also, it seems like a number of teams have interest in Gasol and might make significant offers. (Minn, Bos, Hou).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option : If LA can't get Sessions/Calderon or someone similar through draft picks, their traded player exception or from trading lesser players, they have to trade Gasol to get a pg/pf. Gasol's stock is pretty high right now. Also, it seems like a number of teams have interest in Gasol and might make significant offers. (Minn, Bos, Hou).

MN would have to give up a lot - 3 or 4 players!  I think they are saying they'd LIKE to have him play with Rubio, but you can't break up the whole team for that. 

HOU might do it, but they'd have to give up (like) Scola and Lowry!  LAL better be ready to give up a draft pick!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasol may be our best, or only center option : MN would have to give up a lot - 3 or 4 players!  I think they are saying they'd LIKE to have him play with Rubio, but you can't break up the whole team for that.  HOU might do it, but they'd have to give up (like) Scola and Lowry!  LAL better be ready to give up a draft pick!

It wouldn't surprise me if LA had to send Houston a draft pick in that trade scenario.