Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters

In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters:
    [QUOTE]Very sobering assessment of R9R. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you were a big Rondo fan until you read this article--lol.If there was anything more predictable THAN the gasper`s article, it was you pipeing in."Sobering." LMAO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

"When was the last time you saw Rondo hit a game winning shot?"

How can he or anyone else on the team when the ball is ALWAYS in the hands of Pierce in the waning seconds of any one possession game.  And we all know what Pierce does in those situations:  he waits until a few seconds are left and throws up a fading jump shot.  How often does that strategy work out? 

"Rondo is Mr. Brick Shot, he's a bad shooter on FTs and outside of 15 feet."

Rondo FG percentage is close to 50%.  Not bad for a guy who can't shoot.  I love Pierce, but what is his shooting percentage for his career?  Not even close. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

[QUOTE]Some of you guys are still in denial. Go to every website that talks about the NBA and you will see everybody is talking about trading Rondo. Everybody is talking about trading Rondo, not just Celtic fans.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

They are talking about trading Rondo, not because Rondo sucks, but because the team sucks and he can fetch the most in a trade.  The old timers are way past their primes.  A few good nights and a few bad nights.  Plus, they can't rebound because they have NO center.  I guess that is Rondo's fault as well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]I agree.  I said he is a great player.  Everyone is dumping on Rondo because he did a stupid thing the other night.  Look at Pierce's expression every time he gets bumped.  Even last year in the playoffs, didn't Pierce earn 2 technicals in a few minutes and was tossed out of the game?  Yes, he was.  A great role model for your young point guard.  And then we have KG (formerly a great player) who is the best trash talker in the league.  Is he Rondo's role model?  In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters :
    Posted by ET27[/QUOTE]

No, they are dumping on Rondo because he has all the talent in the world, yet can't put it alltogether on the court night in and night out. He is an immature 26 yr. old basketball brat. He just checks out in many games. And he also has yet to improve his jump shot. He has won a title and been in the league for over 6 seasons now. And has yet to improve his jump shot and his attitude. That is the problem. If he could lose his attitude and just play hard every night, he would be outstanding.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters : No, they are dumping on Rondo because he has all the talent in the world, yet can't put it alltogether on the court night in and night out. He is an immature 26 yr. old basketball brat. He just checks out in many games. And he also has yet to improve his jump shot. He has won a title and been in the league for over 6 seasons now. And has yet to improve his jump shot and his attitude. That is the problem. If he could lose his attitude and just play hard every night, he would be outstanding.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Fair assessment.  He is inconsistent (like many others on the team).  However, I do think his jump shot is improving.  Of course, to hit those shots more consistently, he needs to shoot more in games.  And, when he does that, people criticize him for not being a facilitator. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters : No, they are dumping on Rondo because he has all the talent in the world, yet can't put it alltogether on the court night in and night out. He is an immature 26 yr. old basketball brat. He just checks out in many games. And he also has yet to improve his jump shot. He has won a title and been in the league for over 6 seasons now. And has yet to improve his jump shot and his attitude. That is the problem. If he could lose his attitude and just play hard every night, he would be outstanding.
    See, that's just wrong. He does not have all the talent in the world. As has been noted several times on this board, included by you in this very post, he is a below average (that's probably charitable) shooter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters : See, that's just wrong. He does not have all the talent in the world. As has been noted several times on this board, he is a below average (that's probably charitable) shooter.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

He is a point guard who faciliates scoring opportunities for others.  His primary responsibility to NOT to score, but to help others score, which he does as well as any other point guard in the league.  Don't condemn the guy because he isn't Derrick Rose.   If he can hit the occasional 15 foot jumper in the 4th period to keep defenses honest, he will be a perennial all star.  He is not there yet consistently, but getting closer. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters : He is a point guard who faciliates scoring opportunities for others.  His primary responsibility to NOT to score, but to help others score, which he does as well as any other point guard in the league.  Don't condemn the guy because he isn't Derrick Rose.   If he can hit the occasional 15 foot jumper in the 4th period to keep defenses honest, he will be a perennial all star.  He is not there yet consistently, but getting closer. 
    Posted by ET27[/QUOTE]
    Where did I condemn him?
    You're obviously not familar with my work. I'm one of the "Rondo lovers" Fierce talks about.
    Help me out here, Fierce.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters : Where did I condemn him? You're obviously not familar with my work. I'm one of the "Rondo lovers" Fierce talks about. Help me out here, Fierce.

I got you confused with others.  Accept my apologies. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Agreed... and that's why we are stuck at 17 instead of 19 banners.

The kid never rounded out his game nor developed any sort of consistency.

Instead we have a self-centered and brittle glory hound who alternates between being the best player on the floor and the worst player on the floor, depending on demons that occupy his cranial vault.

Read the Gasper piece.

Pud

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters : Where did I condemn him? You're obviously not familar with my work. I'm one of the "Rondo lovers" Fierce talks about. Help me out here, Fierce.
    Can't tell the players without a scorecard, eh Dobler?

Partial List (Anybody is welcome to improve it and give the factions different names)
    ProRondo - LloydDobler, Breaktime, CeltsFan4life,Redsoxfan94, jdm894g, prakash, concord27, snakeoil123, BostonTrollSpanker

AntiRondo - Fiercerst, Dudder, Pud, Red16-Rus11, BattleshipBill

DISCLAIMER: This is a partial list and may or may not be completely accurate.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters : I got you confused with others.  Accept my apologies. 
    Posted by ET27[/QUOTE]
    No sweat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

is it true that last year when the Celtics played the Lakers at Staples, they played the Commodores 'Brick House' when Rondo went to the free throw line?

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a link for you Cabutan http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7598767/deron-williams-rajon-rondo
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Rondo for the best PG in the league?  In a heartbeat.  DA will be crazy not to do this even if it is just a rental.  Now this move will have the potential to salvage the Celtics season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Magic likes his game a lot and that means something. But Irvin went from great to all time great when he worked and developed a reliable outside shot. Rondo has insane athletic ability and strong court intelligence but to me at least does not respect the game enough to work on his weaknesses,which ironically was the same one as Magic had - hitting the outside shot reliably. So I both love and hate Rondo but after six years it is clear he hasn't yet turned the corner to be a real mature leader, as Gasper relates. My guess is Rondo will for ever be that frustrating guy who could have been so much more but his attitude(s) prevented it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not really anti-Rondo, I've been a Rondo fan since 2007. But this year I've had it with Rondo's pathetic FT shooting. Time for a change.
    I know what you're talking about Fiercest.  Which is why I used antiRondo instead of Rondohater.
    It's not easy to categorize our feelings/attitudes about Rondo.  Though I count myself as his supporter (easy to see by the tone of most of my posts concerning him), if the right trade opportunity came along, I'd be at the docks with everyone else wishing him a Bon Voyage (Bon Voyagee, as Curly would say).
    Even though I think the vast majority of your posts about him this season have been negative, for sure, if he changed his game around big time, your posts would reflect that fact.  
    The criticisms and epithets the vast majority of us posters have been hurling at the Celtics this year and in past ones are far more indicative of  our passion to see them reach the level  of success that brings home banners.  That's how success gets measured in Boston.
    Lumping posters into pro and anti Rondo camps may not have been the best idea.  But how people stand on our point guard gets confusing at times.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Magic likes his game a lot and that means something. But Irvin went from great to all time great when he worked and developed a reliable outside shot. Rondo has insane athletic ability and strong court intelligence but to me at least does not respect the game enough to work on his weaknesses,which ironically was the same one as Magic had - hitting the outside shot reliably. So I both love and hate Rondo but after six years it is clear he hasn't yet turned the corner to be a real mature leader, as Gasper relates. My guess is Rondo will for ever be that frustrating guy who could have been so much more but his attitude(s) prevented it.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Magic was also the unquestioned leader of those Lakers teams, even when Kareem was around.

Does anyone see that in Rondo?? He appears more aloof than anything in that regard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In terms of personalities they couldn't be further apart. Who'd you rather go out and have a beer with? Of course we can't judge from a distance, but RR doesn't strike me as a fun guy to be around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Magic likes his game a lot and that means something. But Irvin went from great to all time great when he worked and developed a reliable outside shot. Rondo has insane athletic ability and strong court intelligence but to me at least does not respect the game enough to work on his weaknesses,which ironically was the same one as Magic had - hitting the outside shot reliably. So I both love and hate Rondo but after six years it is clear he hasn't yet turned the corner to be a real mature leader, as Gasper relates. My guess is Rondo will for ever be that frustrating guy who could have been so much more but his attitude(s) prevented it.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Rondo has worked on his shooting and was coached by someone during the offseason a couple of years ago.  I am not sure how much Rondo can improve in this area.  Throwing the ball at the ref shouldn't have happened and definitely didn't help his image.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

One ejection in 6 years...

C'mon!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper on Rondo - For Rondo Lovers and Haters : Rondo has a reputation of being a rebel, defying authority. Just ask Tubby Smith.  I mean throwing a ball at an official is total disrespect. 

Well, i think there are not many players in the NBA that have never made a mistake or two in their careers.