Genius in Trade is Competition for Minutes!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Genius in Trade is Competition for Minutes!!!

I think other than Perkins contract issues and thinking about the future with Green, I myself was puzzled with why bringing on FIVE new bodies at the end of the season and for the most part changing the mix of the second unit. 

But, as I look closely I think adding some of the additonal bodies helps keeps the edge on certain guys for quality minutes.  Some of the decision making, with extending minutes, for Baby, Nate Robinson, and frankly Rondo, was something that I think Doc and Danny intangibly upgraded. 

I think Rondo knowing that he did not have a quality back-up, lulled a bit and put the Celtics at his mercy as regard to tempo and speed.  I was encouraged in a recent game when he went with Delonte West deep in the fourth quarter.  Also bringing in Jeff Green pushes Baby to take care of the minutes he gets and if you notice the last two games, Baby is taking better shots and hitting the boards with a vengence, and now that Doc knows that Von Wafer and D-West can hit the long ball he is not at the mercy of Nate Robs volitale decision making. 

So when the playoffs come in which guys like Luke and Semih were not going to see the light of day, having guys like Troy Murphy, Jermaine O'Neal, and Carlos Arroyo are guys that Doc feels confident going to or leaving in for long stretches when they are on the floor. 

I also think the practices are going to be better down the stretch run and playoffs. 

Once "we decide" to bring Shaq back (and I beleive all the injury issues are really minor, the Celts just do not have another excuse to say that he is being saved for the playoffs - trust me, if this were the playoffs he would be playing and this is what the media does not know that Doc and Danny knows) Doc is just going to get his rotations set.  See how Kristic fits with the second unit and what we are going to get out of Jermanine O'Neal which a lot of people are underscoring in what we will be there playoff time. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Genius in Trade is Competition for Minutes!!!

Agree about competition holding players accountable...Have they even been able to practice at all lately?  We need rest for starters and practice and for the Newbies.

It seems they screwed us w/ back to backs this year...we may me 0- for in that scenario

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Good post!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yeah, i agree, the chasm between starters and bench has narrowed. As time goes on, Doc can rely on people off the bench to close or even sustain the leads. He will be able to to mix and match depending on the competition as well. Hopefully, there will be less scroing lulls during the games, and be able to close out when opportunities are there. In the mean time, some sporadic momemts will surface, but eventually the team will be stronger altogether.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

Put down the Kool-Aid! Anytime you bring in 5 new bodies, it means just one thing: that management never thought  they could win the title with their roster, even though they had the best record in the NBA behind SA.

I've posted since November that the Cs were old and that it was Chicago, and not Miami, that was the real threat to make it to the finals. I guess we'll find out soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

^ I think you are being Bias.....just a hunch.

Oh and please close the door on your way out...thank you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Genius in Trade is Competition for Minutes!!!:
    [QUOTE]Put down the Kool-Aid! Anytime you bring in 5 new bodies, it means just one thing: that management never thought  they could win the title with their roster, even though they had the best record in the NBA behind SA. I've posted since November that the Cs were old and that it was Chicago, and not Miami, that was the real threat to make it to the finals. I guess we'll find out soon.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

Wait...aren't you the poster who also agreed that SA, not LA, would win the West? 

You were right.  Way to stick by your team, Laker fan.