Gerald Green, Gerald Green..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dee67ycj. Show Dee67ycj's posts

Gerald Green, Gerald Green..

Its a shame folks, this kid is gonna come back to haunt the Celtics, and I blame Doc Rivers for not giving him a chance when he was w/ Boston. Everyone was saying celts are old, celts are this n that. Did anyone ever point a finger at Doc Rivers, his coaching style, the fact he doesnt ever give rookies a chance. He rides veterans all the time and can't develope young talent at all. I'm tired of hearing celts are old, and this guy or that guy stinks. How about holding Doc alittle accpuntable on how his system and substitutions downrite suck. I think Docs a real nice man but time he starts getting some criticism as well for the downfall. Yes they are old but he's contributing to it not developing young talent. Panics everytime a young player makes a mistake, but Ray Allen or Pierce can go 1 for 10, or 3 for 15 and he sticks with them. I know Green was part of the trade to get Garnett, but he was a throw in cuz Doc didn't want Green cuz he would have to develope him and Doc can't do that. Just remember, 2008, Doc made that playoff run and banner so much harder than it should of been.celts were killing everyone that year and his coaching almost got them bounced going 7 games in srries that should of been over in 5, maybe 6 tops.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..

Green actually played a lot before we traded him. If it wasn't for Doc nobody would of taken him on a trade. And I love how it's docs fault even though 3 other teams had him and cut him. I am a fan of what Gerald Green can do but he is getting numbers on a bad team. Quite a few of those guys every year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Gerald Green, Gerald Green..:
    [QUOTE]Its a shame folks, this kid is gonna come back to haunt the Celtics, and I blame Doc Rivers for not giving him a chance when he was w/ Boston. Everyone was saying celts are old, celts are this n that. Did anyone ever point a finger at Doc Rivers, his coaching style, the fact he doesnt ever give rookies a chance. He rides veterans all the time and can't develope young talent at all. I'm tired of hearing celts are old, and this guy or that guy stinks. How about holding Doc alittle accpuntable on how his system and substitutions downrite suck. I think Docs a real nice man but time he starts getting some criticism as well for the downfall. Yes they are old but he's contributing to it not developing young talent. Panics everytime a young player makes a mistake, but Ray Allen or Pierce can go 1 for 10, or 3 for 15 and he sticks with them. I know Green was part of the trade to get Garnett, but he was a throw in cuz Doc didn't want Green cuz he would have to develope him and Doc can't do that. Just remember, 2008, Doc made that playoff run and banner so much harder than it should of been.celts were killing everyone that year and his coaching almost got them bounced going 7 games in srries that should of been over in 5, maybe 6 tops.
    Posted by Dee67ycj[/QUOTE]

You`ve got to be kidding.What about all the other teams that cut him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Gerald Green, Gerald Green..:
    [QUOTE]Its a shame folks, this kid is gonna come back to haunt the Celtics, and I blame Doc Rivers for not giving him a chance when he was w/ Boston. Everyone was saying celts are old, celts are this n that. Did anyone ever point a finger at Doc Rivers, his coaching style, the fact he doesnt ever give rookies a chance. He rides veterans all the time and can't develope young talent at all. I'm tired of hearing celts are old, and this guy or that guy stinks. How about holding Doc alittle accpuntable on how his system and substitutions downrite suck. I think Docs a real nice man but time he starts getting some criticism as well for the downfall. Yes they are old but he's contributing to it not developing young talent. Panics everytime a young player makes a mistake, but Ray Allen or Pierce can go 1 for 10, or 3 for 15 and he sticks with them. I know Green was part of the trade to get Garnett, but he was a throw in cuz Doc didn't want Green cuz he would have to develope him and Doc can't do that. Just remember, 2008, Doc made that playoff run and banner so much harder than it should of been.celts were killing everyone that year and his coaching almost got them bounced going 7 games in srries that should of been over in 5, maybe 6 tops.

What a joke this is.... so have you posted how Doc made a mistake about Green in the past year or so?  Somehow I doubt it.... Green was an amazing athlete but couldnt play in a structured offense... nor could he play D... maybe he has figured it out some after a few more years away from the Cs but to blame Doc is ridiculous.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

PP or RA can shoot 1 for 10, or 3 for 15 and they stay in the game?!?!   They should.   They're future HOFers!!   Ain't gonna take them out for GG.... Good post Kirk6

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dee67ycj. Show Dee67ycj's posts

In response to "Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..": [QUOTE]In Response to Gerald Green, Gerald Green.. : What a joke this is.... so have you posted how Doc made a mistake about Green in the past year or so?  Somehow I doubt it.... Green was an amazing athlete but couldnt play in a structured offense... nor could he play D... maybe he has figured it out some after a few more years away from the Cs but to blame Doc is ridiculous. Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dee67ycj. Show Dee67ycj's posts

In response to "Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..": [QUOTE]In Response to Gerald Green, Gerald Green.. : You`ve got to be kidding.What about all the other teams that cut him? Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUO Ok, if reiterate, Gerald Green was used as an example. Doc Riverd does not want to work w/ rookies, or young talent. He went thru it w/ before signing Ray, n the KG trade. He hated it and was comtemplating leaving if nothing changed. Now Kevin McHale gives the celts a gift wrapped predent, and Docs riding high w/ a champion caliber team. My point is you have to mix youth w/ vets to form a solid team, something Doc doesnt do. He rides vets no matter how bad they are playing. Green was just my way of making a point but you have Jjj, Moore, and what kind of time are they getting.?? Ray can't defend a squirrelb but he 's out there thru any circumstance. Thats all i'm saying, if they established youth w/ KG, n the rest of aging group, they would be way better than they are now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dee67ycj. Show Dee67ycj's posts

In response to "Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..": [QUOTE]In Response to Gerald Green, Gerald Green.. : You`ve got to be kidding.What about all the other teams that cut him? Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUO Ok, if reiterate, Gerald Green was used as an example. Doc Riverd does not want to work w/ rookies, or young talent. He went thru it w/ before signing Ray, n the KG trade. He hated it and was comtemplating leaving if nothing changed. Now Kevin McHale gives the celts a gift wrapped predent, and Docs riding high w/ a champion caliber team. My point is you have to mix youth w/ vets to form a solid team, something Doc doesnt do. He rides vets no matter how bad they are playing. Green was just my way of making a point but you have Jjj, Moore, and what kind of time are they getting.?? Ray can't defend a squirrelb but he 's out there thru any circumstance. Thats all i'm saying, if they established youth w/ KG, n the rest of aging group, they would be way better than they are now. Posted by Dee67ycj[/QUOTE] Sorry meant to start out by saying "let me reiterate"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..:
    [QUOTE]Green has no lateral quickness, therefore he can't defend.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

and i would nearly bet you started a thread at one time that he was better than someone we had starting.   I am pretty sure thought the same though..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

GREEN HAD 29 POINTS LAST NIGHT AND IS NOW AN UNTRADEABLE GEM FOR THE NETS. fans are coming to watch him. had one of the dunks of the year last week when the top of his head almost touched the rim on his elevation to the hoop (griffin life). shooting the 3 at a high level and playing within the team concept. if his team were winning more, he would be GREENSANITY! clearly he's now sealed the instant offense 6th man swinger for next season around the league if nets are dumb enough to not pay the man and let him go

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Gerald Green was given every opportunity in the world to play both here and in MN.
    Gerald Green is a walking example of someone who should have gone to college.  He was immature when he was here - talented, but didn't work on D.

He "gets" it now - and maybe Danny Ainge CAN evaluate talent!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Green's last year with the Celtics he played 22 minutes a game.

This year with the Nets he is playing 21 minutes a game.

What was your point again about it being Doc's fault for not playing him enough?  Learn how to use google.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dee67ycj. Show Dee67ycj's posts

In response to "Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..": [QUOTE]Green's last year with the Celtics he played 22 minutes a game. This year with the Nets he is playing 21 minutes a game. What was your point again about it being Doc's fault for not playing him enough?  Learn how to use google. Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE] Ok to get thru to you thick heads on these discussions, I clearly stated my point that who did Doc ever develope while being coach. Obviously no one, thats my point. Yes Green had minytes, along w/ JJJ, n Moore, but once they make any type of mistake, he pulls them period. End of story.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..": Ok to get thru to you thick heads on these discussions, I clearly stated my point that who did Doc ever develope while being coach. Obviously no one, thats my point. Yes Green had minytes, along w/ JJJ, n Moore, but once they make any type of mistake, he pulls them period. End of story.....

Your posts headline is Gerald Green, Gerald Green so its clearly obvious that you meant Doc didnt give him minutes to develop which is untrue.... and btw BBD developed under Doc... and would appear that Bradley is developing quite nicely as well...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

hes a fifteen year old kid, ask the Mavs and the Rockets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

And you thought I was kidding suggesting trading Rondo for Green!! Lol Ohh, and... Fire Doc!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2012/03/gerald-greens-3-month-roller-coaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1rYPpnh-cKE

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Mr. 9.5 fingers is back in the NBA. LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green..": Ok to get thru to you thick heads on these discussions, I clearly stated my point that who did Doc ever develope while being coach. Obviously no one, thats my point. Yes Green had minytes, along w/ JJJ, n Moore, but once they make any type of mistake, he pulls them period. End of story.....

YOu said he didn't play him enough.  Read your own post.  JJJ and Moore don't play 22 minutes a game.  What are you talking about?

Doc played Green more minutes than he gets in NJ.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Tracy McGrady
    Penny Hardaway
    Rajon Rondo
    Glen Davis
    Ryan Gomes
    Leon Powe
    Kendrick Perkins
    Al Jefferson

Yeah, you're right.......Doc stinks as a coach and should be fired immediately!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE] Ok to get thru to you thick heads on these discussions, I clearly stated my point that who did Doc ever develope while being coach. Obviously no one, thats my point. [/QUOTE]

Tony Allen, Al Jefferson, Perk, Delonte, Ryan Gomes, Rondo . . . obviously no one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gerald Green, Gerald Green.. : Tony Allen, Al Jefferson, Perk, Delonte, Ryan Gomes, Rondo . . . obviously no one.
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

Me thinketh that Dee67 has the thick head.... has he disappeared?