Re: Getting the FACTS Right!
posted at 5/3/2013 1:24 PM EDT
In response to R9R's comment:
In response to Fierce34's comment:
* Paying KG 12.4m next season will NOT allow the Celts to sign Gortat or Big Al.
* Reggie Lewis was not a future Hall of Famer.
* Trading Pau Gasol is not the solution for the Lakers to go under the tax apron.
* Celtics will not win a championship this season.
* And just because KG is getting 17 rebounds in the playoffs, that doesn't mean he'll be doing that in the regular season next season.
1. Captain obvious to the rescue! But also, if Pierce is waived, that is certainly enough money for Gortat who had a horrible year ... just sayin
2. Reggie Lewis is dead dude. He died at age 27 ... if Pierce died in his stabbing (i know he was only 24) he prob wouldnt have been a HOFer either. There is no way you can accurately state this as fact.
3. Absolutely right. Lakers are hosed irregardless. Amnesty Kobe. That is how you get under the tax!
4. You just shattered my heart with that slap of truth to the face. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEE
5. My point about the 17 rebounds is that KG is ABSOLUTELY worth the 12M at this point in time. Next year he could drop off, but so could anyone. Yes, he is ancient in NBA age but listen when you are putting up numbers like that in what is absolutely the most important moments in the season ... gotta be worth something.
Anyone who is adament about "KG should have taken a friendy, 2M deal for us" is exceptionally greedy and stupid. This is a business, and the reality is that he did give us a discount. He could have made more elsewhere.
Nice response. Only one question. You seem like your hell bent on getting rid of PP. What is wrong with having a poing guard back to cut PP and JG turnovers down. Its pretty obvious from the second half the season the Pierce would have been a all star this year if he played that way the first half. I don't worry about the money since I don't have anything to do with it. I am sure DA will figure out what to do.
As I have said over and over, add good pieces to what we got and take the pressure off of KG and PP to bring it for 82 games. Add RR, Sully and Jeff and even Terry unless he is moved, we have a good team. Maybe Williams turns into a good player. Again we have the worst guard play in the league and obviously Doc doesn't like our bench since we only played 2 guys. Maybe a bench would help.
Last but not least, I am not worried about 2 years from now. That is DA and Doc. Get good players to add to team and we don't worry about lottery, just how far we go in playoffs.