Gigi Datome to sign with the Celtics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Gigi Datome to sign with the Celtics?

Gigi Datome will leave Virtus Roma in the summer, despite one year remaining on the contract, to realize his dream to play in the NBA.

Boston Celtics and Memphis Grizzlies are the two NBA teams interested in the Italian forward who had his best season in career.

Datome was named Serie A Regular Season MVP and ended the year averaging 16.4ppg, 4.3rpg and 1.7apg in 48 games.

Virtus Roma General Manager Nicola Alberani, in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, said "Datome is pursued by Celtics and Grizzlies with Boston as front runners to sign him".

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/58116/gigi-datome-between-boston-celtics-and-memphis-grizzlies.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Gigi Datome to sign with the Celtics?

Here are some highlights......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBeAKDS8uwo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Here are some highlights......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBeAKDS8uwo

Sign Him........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

If we get a luigi, we HAVE to together Mario chalmers. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

shooter, sign him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

shooter, sign him!

+1 Shooter who plays with an "attitude".  That's what Brooks lacks - he's a shooter but hasn't developed the "try-to-stop-me" mindset.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Datome looks like a guy that would go well with Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i think we might get datome...to bad we can't sign him before summerleague.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Datome and Olynyk both can shoot threes.

Rondo can set them up.

Sounds like a plan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

A running team with pressure Gs and tall Fs that can shoot from outside and a decent rebounding F/C sounds like a winning plan to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

this team is a great supporting cast we just need a super star  we be nice.

After the Mavericks finished off the sweep, Magic Johnson said that the Lakers "embarrassed the organization" and called the fouls on Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum "classless."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to painter's comment:

[QUOTE]

shooter, sign him!

+1 Shooter who plays with an "attitude".  That's what Brooks lacks - he's a shooter but hasn't developed the "try-to-stop-me" mindset.

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?! Brooks does have that attitude. Some would say too much of that attitude. That is why he is compared so much to Kobe Bryant. He was given the opportunity in New Jersey because they picked up Joe Johnson. Very little has been mentioned about him going to Boston but he could be the steal of "the trade".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

You know the Doc Rivers era is gone when rookies and international players will have an opportunity to play for the Boston Celtics. If Danny Ainge hires Brett Brown to coach the C's then Danny Ainge will have hit a grand slam and the Celtics will be very prepared to win not one, not two, but several titles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

shooter, sign him!

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?! Brooks does have that attitude. Some would say too much of that attitude. That is why he is compared so much to Kobe Bryant. He was given the opportunity in New Jersey because they picked up Joe Johnson. Very little has been mentioned about him going to Boston but he could be the steal of "the trade".

[/QUOTE]

typo: he was not given the opportunity in New Jersey because they picked up Joe Johnson. This kid can shoot the lights out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

He is a bit skinny for an NBA 3. I would think that he would be used as a 2. I love Brooks game. Could we be seeing Bradley traded away for another #1?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

shooter, sign him!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brooks is a shooter, which is what I wrote, but he's been a bit timid as pro even when they had to go to him as a rookie.  He may certainly develop into a cold-blooded player as he was at Providence but he's not there yet.  Maybe this will be a breakout year Burt Datomeis already   there.  Besides, he has to prove he's an NBA player and would give a little extra.  Both would give the Celtics what they've lacked since Posey - a scoring threat off the bench.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/07/boston_celtics_free_agency_rum.html

we might get this guy...

A source with knowledge of the situation told MassLive.com on Monday that Datome signing with the Celtics sounds like a pretty safe bet, but Boston would need to clear roster space for him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

How can they pay ANY free agent.  Their #1 goal right now is to save $, and they are over the cap with no relief in sight.  Nobody is taking Humphries or Wallace off our hands, and it doesn't look like anyone is willing to take Rondo.  Not because they dont want him, but Danny wants to shed salary on any team that takes him.  No takers.   If someone would take Wallace with him he'd be gone by now.

All he can do is cut the guys who aren't guaranteed. (which will not get them under the cap).  And use the stretch provision with Wallace's contract.  Which is the last resort when they realize not one other team is stupid enough to take that contract.

Dont expect any free agent signing this year.  That's the only thing DA said in his latest statement that was 100% true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Datome will get a minimum contract...not much more.  He may not even get a garanteed one. 

Danny loves doing trades.  He will be like a kid in a candy store at the next trade deadline.  Humphries and Wallace are good complementary players for a team looking to make a push in the play-offs.  I can see the Pelicans go after Wallace or the Blazers go after Humphries.  The rebuilding is just beginning and we are going to see a lot of changes. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

How can they pay ANY free agent.  Their #1 goal right now is to save $, and they are over the cap with no relief in sight.  Nobody is taking Humphries or Wallace off our hands, and it doesn't look like anyone is willing to take Rondo.  Not because they dont want him, but Danny wants to shed salary on any team that takes him.  No takers.   If someone would take Wallace with him he'd be gone by now.

All he can do is cut the guys who aren't guaranteed. (which will not get them under the cap).  And use the stretch provision with Wallace's contract.  Which is the last resort when they realize not one other team is stupid enough to take that contract.

Dont expect any free agent signing this year.  That's the only thing DA said in his latest statement that was 100% true.

They aren't looking to shed salary. The will have the same salary as last year. Humphries is an expiring contract, so "relief" is next year if they don't trade him first. Why do you think a Rondo is tied to the Celtics wantIng to shed salary? This guy is probably vet min guy.