Give Ray a 2 game break

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Give Ray a 2 game break

Going home, let Delonte play more, Green play more, PP play some 2 guard and let Ray get some rest.  We need him in the playoffs and he looks tired.  I agree with he should cut back on his pre game routine.  He has shot enough in his life, he isn't going to lose it my not throwing up 300 shots before the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Give Ray a 2 game break

In Response to Give Ray a 2 game break:
    [QUOTE]
    Going home, let Delonte play more, Green play more, PP play some 2 guard and let Ray get some rest.  We need him in the playoffs and he looks tired.  I agree with he should cut back on his pre game routine.  He has shot enough in his life, he isn't going to lose it my not throwing up 300 shots before the game.

Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    -

I think people are jumping to a false conclusion about Ray's recent woes.  His troubles come out of the Celtic's poor ball movement.  He hasn't been getting his shots or getting the ball where he should.  The team is in a slump and it has affected Ray's rythem.

Check out this recent article/interview:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2011/03/29/current_situation_of_the_celtics_is_wrenching_to_allen/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I think he could use a day off to get ready. it Helped Rondo a lot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I think it's a little of both. 

As I mentioned on another thread, he's one of two Celtics - the other one being Pierce - who's played in every game this year.  I'm not so much worried about the pregame shooting as I am the daily grind - the miles and miles of often sprinting down the court, night after night.  His conditioning is exemplary and he's had a lot of 25 year olds get gassed trying to keep up with him, but he's not a machine.  We all need a breather at some point. 

I also think it's just harder for him to get open because the other teams KNOW we're trying to get him the ball.  So they tailor their defense - one way or another - so that he has to work really hard just to touch the ball.  Maybe we need to retool our offense to counter that...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Give Ray a 2 game break:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Give Ray a 2 game break : - I think people are jumping to a false conclusion about Ray's recent woes.  His troubles come out of the Celtic's poor ball movement.  He hasn't been getting his shots or getting the ball where he should.  The team is in a slump and it has affected Ray's rythem. Check out this recent article/interview: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2011/03/29/current_situation_of_the_celtics_is_wrenching_to_allen/
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Lmao!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's a little of both.  As I mentioned on another thread, he's one of two Celtics - the other one being Pierce - who's played in every game this year.  I'm not so much worried about the pregame shooting as I am the daily grind - the miles and miles of often sprinting down the court, night after night.  His conditioning is exemplary and he's had a lot of 25 year olds get gassed trying to keep up with him, but he's not a machine.  We all need a breather at some point.  I also think it's just harder for him to get open because the other teams KNOW we're trying to get him the ball.  So they tailor their defense - one way or another - so that he has to work really hard just to touch the ball.  Maybe we need to retool our offense to counter that...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

You hit it right on the dot! Ive been saying that we need to start having different looks. We have been sticking with the same units. One thing that can change is to have Ray come off the bench, this way he will get more rest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Ray is either very tired or his skills are eroding before our very eyes. He can't hit wide open shots with his customary regularity..ok! He can't seem to get open as he has in the past...ok! But, bad passes, not boxing out, not rebounding, poor ball handling, and constantly being beaten to 50 -50 balls by a step does not speak well of his overall performance of late. If he's too tired, give him a day off. Same with KG and PP. Best record is out the window anyway, and all it really means is that you have to win at least one game on the other team's court. The way the Cs have been playing, winning on the road won't be half as difficult as protecting the home court.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I'd say he's tired!  Missing shots is often a function of being tired, which is why we have these horrible late game stretches where we can't buy a basket.  I can't imagine that - which his conditioning - that his game is falling apart.  He should get a brief rest... look what it did for Rondo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say he's tired!  Missing shots is often a function of being tired, which is why we have these horrible late game stretches where we can't buy a basket.  I can't imagine that - which his conditioning - that his game is falling apart.  He should get a brief rest... look what it did for Rondo!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

You know I used to play a LOT of golf.  I hit range balls everyday and played everyday.     I know at times I had to back off a day and not practice. 
    I usually came back better after a day off. I could see the same thing with Ray. And Ray is a lot older now than I was when  working at it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rays been through worse than this before, even on the Celtics hes had worse stretches.

Hes been terrible with the ball, as is usual... but even more so lately. Missing layups, albeit not east ones, on breaks... etc  Rays poor shooting isnt a concern, he'll get that back but hes falling down a little more than usual in the other dept's too. Especially defensively, hes getting beat too easily.

I guess DOc doesnt feel rest is a solution since hes rides Ray like a racehorse for 35-40 mins every game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He definitely needs some rest.  Not playing a couple of games couldn't hurt.  It may be just what he neeeds.    

12. This post has been removed.