Give the Heat credit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Give the Heat credit

Seriously, LeBron and Wade and to a lesser extent Bosh are basically coming together now in the manner that they had envisioned last summer.  These late game runs against us and against the Bulls are just incredible.  Despite what some of you may say about the officiating, and I've said it too before, the Heat still had to be the ones to put the ball through the hoop. 

Give the Heat credit, the way they dismantled the Bulls, and shut down Rose.  Who would have thought that the Bulls would lose 4 straight games?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Give the Heat credit

The most talent laden starting roster in NBA history and how should we react.  I still hate them  This hated team of instant superstars pulled it together against what? All odds.   I mean they should be this good.  I still believe the Celtics without the incredible number of injuries to Shaq et al could have won.  This was  followed by a dirty play by WAde that took Rondo out of the series and eliminated there biggest weakness against us.

You give them credit.  They don't deserve it on this BB. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

They talk about all they went through this season. They were the ones that decided to mess with teams in free agency, do the decision, have a firework rally saying they'll win 7 championships. When your struggles are all self-imposed, I feel no congratulations are in line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Give the Heat credit:
    [QUOTE]They talk about all they went through this season. They were the ones that decided to mess with teams in free agency, do the decision, have a firework rally saying they'll win 7 championships. When your struggles are all self-imposed, I feel no congratulations are in line.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]
    I think people would still hate them on this board because they don't wear green. They're green with envy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

NO WAY I'm giving the HEAT CREDIT! 
    It's WAY too easy for them right now to play basketball.  Meaning they GO to the FREE-Throw LINE WAY too much in the Majority of these games!

When a team goes to the LINE 30+ times a game - How can you lose?  You don't!  too much of an advantage.

I understand, that some of those calls are legit - no doubt. BUT there is alot of calls that weren't Legit and Not only those calls, What about the NON_CALLS?? 

The NBA is NOT on the UP n UP - and it's Obvious to me who the NBA wants to win it this year.

I'm sure in the Mavs series, you'll see this trend continue.  Meaning the Heat going to the line 30+ times a game......and the Heat are 'allowed' to play aggressive Defense without the REFS calling every ticky tack foul.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

"I think people would still hate them on this board because they don't wear green. They're green with envy." -Bralon

People don't like the Heat because they make a spectacle of themselves, not because we're jealous. I was against chicago all year, because of the seeding in the east, but I have all the respect in the world for their coaching staff and players like rose, gibson, asik.

It goes a long way to upset opposing fans when you proclaim that you're easily going to win 7 championships when one his so hard to come by in this league, (especially when the one proclaiming its ease repeatedly failed at capturing the chip). The Heat are spoiled primaddonas, nothing more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Give the Heat credit:
    [QUOTE]"I think people would still hate them on this board because they don't wear green. They're green with envy." -Bralon People don't like the Heat because they make a spectacle of themselves, not because we're jealous. I was against chicago all year, because of the seeding in the east, but I have all the respect in the world for their coaching staff and players like rose, gibson, asik. It goes a long way to upset opposing fans when you proclaim that you're easily going to win 7 championships when one his so hard to come by in this league, (especially when the one proclaiming its ease repeatedly failed at capturing the chip). The Heat are spoiled primaddonas, nothing more.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Very good post and I agree with you 100%.  I disliked Miami from the beginning of the season because of LeBron and the decision.  Then their rock concert introduction to the team and declaring they would win multiple championships.  I have never seen such a display of arrogance by any team.  How can anyone like them? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

rpn313, I totally agree with you, and just about all the other posters.  I dislike the Heat.  I don't like how they display such arrogance.  I hate their swagger.

HOWEVER, rpn313, you are right.  You have to give them credit.  THEY WALK THE WALK!  The difference between the Celtics championship team of 2007/2008 and this Heat team is that the Celtics KNEW they were special and did it ON THE COURT.  Miami knows their special, TELLS you their special and backs it up on the court.  As much as you can dislike their method, you have to give them credit.

I hope Dallas beats them in the Finals but the way Miami is playing, I can't see it.  And, to me, what's amazing is their defense in crunch time.  They are plain "shutting teams down".

From the 3:03 minute mark, Miami hit tough, clutch JUMP SHOTS (no ticky tack aided calls) and played lock down defense to close on an 18 - 2 run.  Forget their arrogance, forget their swagger, forget their confidence, they got it done on the court and that was IMPRESSIVE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Concord.....the most talent laden starting roster in NBA history...? I think I'd put the starting five of the '85/'86 Celtics ahead of them buddy...

Parish
    McHale
    Bird
    Ainge
    DJ

....with Walton as the 6th man of the year.....pretty good no? 6 guys/5 Hall of Famers in their prime....they toyed with the league that year...shooting, scoring, passing, ball handling, shot blocking, and team defense....they had no weakness with their 8 man rotation (Wedman, former all star and Sichting, a great shooter)

B

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dk33. Show dk33's posts

For Wade, it was a redemptive turn after a grueling and draining series.

"I got to get these legs back," Wade said to James as he was dressing an hour or so after their heroics.

"Your legs went on vacation with Ray Allen," James responded with a smile.

When Wade and James finally left the locker room, the last two players out after their icing and highlight watching and laughter in the showers, there was finally a little time for perspective.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

they are only in it......because the refs won't call the "Lebron shoulder" a foul when that is exactly what it is....how can he not have open shots and easy layups when he pushes everyone off of him and never gets called for the offensive foul? Not saying he is a bad player. Hate that shoulder business,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Heat were the better team. Forever and a day we will all have our opinions on the refs. Guys like Lebron will always get the benefit of doubt. It is what it is. And now we shall see if the summer Hollywood Production of the Heat come to fruition....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Duke you are right.  I guess I was referring to the instant nature of the Heat coming together. No doubt the 86 Celtics would have destroyed the  heat in four games.  I am also sure the Lakers and Pistons of that era would have beat them as well.  Actually I am not so sure  the  Mavs won't beat these creeps. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well buddy, we can only hope.......although I cannot say that I hate the Heat....I hate the way they handled "the decision" and the fireworks and such.....those were both bush in my opinion.....although they said the "show" was strictly for the city of Miami....so why was it on national tv....?  .....Stern has a new darling to market.....Boston was never his favorite and I think the Lakers may become an afterthought as far as getting any help to the finals...