Gloomers & Doomers Don't Celebrate Victories!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Gloomers & Doomers Don't Celebrate Victories!

It struck me that we have a lot of hypercritical so-called-fans on this board who are quick to condemn the Celtics, to point out every fault, every weakness, to forecast doom & gloom at every opportunity . . . yet when the Celtics celebrate a great come-from-behind victory, are they here to celebrate?

I don't see them .. . and we all know who they are.

The Negative Nellies live for negativity, and when negativity is denied them, well, I guess they just disappear.

And I say . .  good riddance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Gloomers & Doomers Don't Celebrate Victories!

had we lost last night, u bet all the fire doc, ainge is a bum, trade rondo threads would be dominating the board. we win and they just lay low. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lots of fans go in extremes.. they want their team to win so bad and point the finger when they dont. Im guilty too.

So whats the big deal?? Does a fan have to fit a certain mold???

Some people are critical by personality... some always optimisitc... its what makes the world go around..

I get disturbed reading posters saying "I told you so" about something they said 2 months ago... like Green is a bust... then he plays 10 good games in a row but game 11 he stinks and the poster comes on  .... goes back 2 months to find the old thread and posts again on it with "SEE, I TOLD YOU SO"

But I usually let it go... everyone has their own way of being a fan but I'd venture to say 99% of Celtic fans on this forum want the C's to win...and root hard for them every single game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I get tired of reading how if we win a game everything is all good. The C's don't look like a championship team and haven't for the past month. I'm glad we won and right now it's just win and advance but let's not act like there aren't problems with the team. It's good to celebrate but let's have some perspective about the games. They were down double digits for most of the game. They had bad turnovers. Got only 8 points from the bench. Finally played Celtics defense in the 2nd half. Was down by 3 with 30+ seconds to go. It's a series and it's going to be ugly at times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Gloomers & Doomers Don't Celebrate Victories!:
    [QUOTE]It struck me that we have a lot of hypercritical so-called-fans on this board who are quick to condemn the Celtics, to point out every fault, every weakness, to forecast doom & gloom at every opportunity . . . yet when the Celtics celebrate a great come-from-behind victory, are they here to celebrate? I don't see them .. . and we all know who they are. The Negative Nellies live for negativity, and when negativity is denied them, well, I guess they just disappear. And I say . .  good riddance! http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]
    And yet you had no hesitation in running from this board and hiding behind your alias when the losses were coming fast and furious for the Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

We won and people still want Rondo's head....  that rick fox lover, calm someting or another.... I can't believe it.  He't not greatest PG ever, but a damn good one.  They still don't give him any credit... Crazy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jonestown337. Show Jonestown337's posts

In Response to Re: Gloomers & Doomers Don't Celebrate Victories!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Gloomers & Doomers Don't Celebrate Victories! : And yet you had no hesitation in running from this board and hiding behind your alias when the losses were coming fast and furious for the Celtics.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Exactly Flobus.

I said a while ago this guy is a WALKING CONTRADICTION. He should be in politics he flip-flops so much.

This is the same person who ALSO said he was going away for a while, which was good news since we wouldn't have to worry about his constant whining on who's a real fan and who isn't. Get this chump a baby bottle.

Talk about an exaggerated sense of self importance. He's no more a fan than anyone else on this board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Great bucket from KG to put us down only one.... Great acting by Pierce to get an offensive foul, and Great shout by Ray to get us the win..... that being said Billups going down hurt them .... and our bench scored 8 points -_- .... Overall a W is a W and i'll take it!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

It is possible to be the middle of those two characterizations!

I've been a Celtics fan my whole life.  I like Doc Rivers but don't like Danny Ainge.  I think Rondo is good as long as he has pieces around him, like the Big 3.  I'm not expecting much from this team after watching the last 20 games, but I don't want them to lose either.

I'm one of the people critical of the moves the Celtics made this year and nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong.  I'd love for this team to make it to the Finals and win, but I wouldn't bet my life savings on it.  Anyone who actually knows basketball has every right to be critical of this team, its not like they've given us a lot of bright spots in the last 20 regular season games!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]We won and people still want Rondo's head....  that rick fox lover, calm someting or another.... I can't believe it.  He't not greatest PG ever, but a damn good one.  They still don't give him any credit... Crazy!
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Being critical, Dino, is everyone's right.   Being constantly negative and saying things like "they're done", "they won't go anyway", "they have no chance", "fire Doc", "Doc has lost the team", is overboard.   I see problems in our performance last night and I see great things like the 2nd half focus and energy, play calling, and defense.  Many of us are balanced.  

But, I'd like credit where credit is due.  If Doc is stupid when they lose, then he has to be smart when he makes great calls like he did last night.   Its not that everything is great, but there needs to be some positive from Celtics fans on this board more often.  The team should get SOME level of faith given they've shown that they know how to come back from adversity and from a late season swoon.

Just my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I get tired of reading how if we win a game everything is all good. The C's don't look like a championship team and haven't for the past month. I'm glad we won and right now it's just win and advance but let's not act like there aren't problems with the team. It's good to celebrate but let's have some perspective about the games. They were down double digits for most of the game. They had bad turnovers. Got only 8 points from the bench. Finally played Celtics defense in the 2nd half. Was down by 3 with 30+ seconds to go. It's a series and it's going to be ugly at times.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias - that last sentence of yours is the most important and many people need to keep that in mind.  Just ask the Spurs and Lakers and Bulls and Miami.  You have to know how to win ugly in this league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]Being critical, Dino, is everyone's right.   Being constantly negative and saying things like "they're done", "they won't go anyway", "they have no chance", "fire Doc", "Doc has lost the team", is overboard.   I see problems in our performance last night and I see great things like the 2nd half focus and energy, play calling, and defense.  Many of us are balanced.   But, I'd like credit where credit is due.  If Doc is stupid when they lose, then he has to be smart when he makes great calls like he did last night.   Its not that everything is great, but there needs to be some positive from Celtics fans on this board more often.  The team should get SOME level of faith given they've shown that they know how to come back from adversity and from a late season swoon. Just my opinion.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, my friend.  I enjoy posting on here because there are a lot of knowledgeable basketball fans.  People who watch the Celtics and other teams in the NBA usually have a well formed opinion. 

I also tune out the extremist views...in basketball and politics (but that's a whole separate discussion).  It is true that if you're critical of a particular aspect of the team, that you should be able to give some credit when they improve in that area.  It also helps when you can come up with a stat to support your particular point of view. 

I have faith in the Big 4 and their ability to play Playoff basketball.  I also think the effort was hindered by the actions of Danny Ainge.  I've been very much 'doom and gloom' because of their play on the court...but I still have hope.

My first post wasn't meant to offend or attack anyone!  I just believe some real fans who happen to have a good understanding of the game get lumped in with the crazy crowd!!

To paraphrase Communist-Contrarian "BECAUSE I OCCASIONALLY TAKE A CONTRARIAN VIEW TOWARDS MY Celtics DOESN'T MAKE ME ANY LESS OF A TRUE fan!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Billips  10 points 3-11 +- Plus 1   2 rebs 4 assists 0 steals 3 turn 
    Rondo 10 points 5-14 +- Plus 2   9 rebs 9 assists 0 steals 1 turn

It is interesting how some might be throwing Rondo under the bus and talking about how important Billips was for the Knicks. In terms of what your looking for in a point guard Rondo had better stats and his team won. I must admit that I thought he had more than 1 turnover but that is what the box score on NBA. com said.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]I get tired of reading how if we win a game everything is all good. The C's don't look like a championship team and haven't for the past month. I'm glad we won and right now it's just win and advance but let's not act like there aren't problems with the team. It's good to celebrate but let's have some perspective about the games. They were down double digits for most of the game. They had bad turnovers. Got only 8 points from the bench. Finally played Celtics defense in the 2nd half. Was down by 3 with 30+ seconds to go. It's a series and it's going to be ugly at times.
    The point of playing is to win,period. The ugliest win is better than the prettiest loss. One down. Fifteen to go. I f you`re waiting for this team to blow people out you`re in for a big dissapointment.That`s not their MO.As a Celtic fan I celebrate wins .That doesn`t mean I don`t see the teams flaws.If you`re not happy after a win what`s is the point of watching.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I have been critical of the Celts - I really didn't like the Perk trade in particular - but I've said all along I will keep an open mind till the season is over. I was truly happy about the win, and I'd rather win a championship and be wrong about Perk/Shaq than lose and be right. I thought it was a thrilling and inspirational victory. 

"And I say . .  good riddance!"  Agreed. Those who live in the negativity of watching the Celts lose and hating on players like Rondo don't add much to this board. 

Being critical of the Celts in my opinion is fair game, that's what a message board is for, but celebrate the wins! Speaking of which...go green!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gloomers & Doomers Don't Celebrate Victories! : I hear ya, my friend.  I enjoy posting on here because there are a lot of knowledgeable basketball fans.  People who watch the Celtics and other teams in the NBA usually have a well formed opinion.  I also tune out the extremist views...in basketball and politics (but that's a whole separate discussion).  It is true that if you're critical of a particular aspect of the team, that you should be able to give some credit when they improve in that area.  It also helps when you can come up with a stat to support your particular point of view.  I have faith in the Big 4 and their ability to play Playoff basketball.  I also think the effort was hindered by the actions of Danny Ainge.  I've been very much 'doom and gloom' because of their play on the court...but I still have hope. My first post wasn't meant to offend or attack anyone!  I just believe some real fans who happen to have a good understanding of the game get lumped in with the crazy crowd!! To paraphrase Communist-Contrarian "BECAUSE I OCCASIONALLY TAKE A CONTRARIAN VIEW TOWARDS MY Celtics DOESN'T MAKE ME ANY LESS OF A TRUE fan!"
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

Good post, Dino.  Peace.  

Go Celts!  I'm hoping we see more of that second half team and less of that first half team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree with you.  They have to play better for the remainder of this series in order to win.  The other night they were very lucky to win and easily could have lost instead.  The bench has to play better for the Celtics to be able to compete.  Not sure why they played so poorly, but they definitely have to improve.