Going for 6th seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Going for 6th seed

The Atlanta Hawks currently holds a 1 1/2 game advantage against the Celtics in the race for the 6th seed of the East and a most probable 1st round match-up against the # 3 seed Pacers.

However, the Celtics enjoy a 3-1 record against the Hawks in the regular season should there be a tie at the end of the season games.

Here are the remaining games of the Hawks - 76ers (road), Milwaukee (home), Toronto (home), and New York (road). Should the seeding still remains hanging by the time the Hawks play the Knicks in the road, expect New York to help us get the 6th seed and help themselves avoid a first round showdown against the Celtics.

Indiana or New York as our first round opponent? Given the current 13-0 win streak of NY and watching the inspired basketball the Knicks are playing, question becomes easier to answer.

And at the end of the day, a 6th seed is always better than a 7th seed. Ask the 94-95 Houston Rockets ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Going for 6th seed

In response to great-1957's comment:

The Atlanta Hawks currently holds a 1 1/2 game advantage against the Celtics in the race for the 6th seed of the East and a most probable 1st round match-up against the # 3 seed Pacers.

However, the Celtics enjoy a 3-1 record against the Hawks in the regular season should there be a tie at the end of the season games.

Here are the remaining games of the Hawks - 76ers (road), Milwaukee (home), Toronto (home), and New York (road). Should the seeding still remains hanging by the time the Hawks play the Knicks in the road, expect New York to help us get the 6th seed and help themselves avoid a first round showdown against the Celtics.

Indiana or New York as our first round opponent? Given the current 13-0 win streak of NY and watching the inspired basketball the Knicks are playing, question becomes easier to answer.

And at the end of the day, a 6th seed is always better than a 7th seed. Ask the 94-95 Houston Rockets ;)

It would be great for the Celtics to end up the 6th seed but I don't believe it is possible.  I realize that many of this board believe that the Knicks are going to be an easy opponent in the 1st round but considering how dominant they have been recently, I believe it will be a very competitive series and not an easy series for the Celtics.  Facing Indiana would be a better matchup for the Celtics but I don't believe it will happen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

we still have to play the nets, miami and the pacers, so i don't see us getting to 6.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think we can beat the Knicks. More pressure in the playoffs and they take a ton of jump shots. Melo has to stay as hot as he is now and moving PP to SG will make JR Smith play defense. When it comes time to step up, I don't believe the Knicks will be able too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

I think we can beat the Knicks. More pressure in the playoffs and they take a ton of jump shots. Melo has to stay as hot as he is now and moving PP to SG will make JR Smith play defense. When it comes time to step up, I don't believe the Knicks will be able too.

I hope you are right.