1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Going small never works

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But Doc Rivers will continue to do it.

[/QUOTE]

Doc is putting his best players on the floor.  His best players are small.  Jeff Green would have been bigger but he didn't show up today.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

Sullinger and Bass should be on the floor, Green is NOT a power forward.

Stats show that when Green plays power forward he s cks.

[/QUOTE]

Uhh, you know who was playing power forward for the Heat right? Lebron James. He's good.  Do you really want to leave the rookie out there guarding Lebron? Green is 6'9'' and athletic that is why he was playing today. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

But Doc Rivers will continue to do it.

[/QUOTE]

Docis a great coach. The heat are just a great team. And it is ONE GAME!! we beat miami 3 out four times last year in the regular season. It didn't get us a title.

Having said that I'd be curious to see what happend if Doc expeirmented going big. Playing KG and Darko together against the heat and then going Zone on defense. 

Probably a crazy expeirment, but I think it's worth a try to see what happens. The regular season is all about getting data for the post season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

no power here

had to listen on the radio

Cs had good first quarter  then it seemed to  go down fast

..the refs sure like miami . omg  IF you even get close to james  its a foul

RR had 7 assists and it looked promising

Cs did not impress me.

D was AWOL and AWFUL

doc still does not understand his bench

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Kirk is right and wrong at the same time

Complaining about Green when James or Battier is at the 4 for Miami is silly... Green is a far better option than Sully/Bass

That being said, Bosh scored on Sully pretty easily... and last I checked he is just under 6'11" and Sully just over 6'8".... since when is Jared our backup C??? Is Darko hurt? I'd MUCH rather have Darko on Bosh than Sully.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well get used to Green playing the 4 because he is going to play a lot of minutes there unless there is a injury to Pierce.  Sully will get his chance.  Bass played very well.  I would take that game from him all year long.   Lets not over react ,  it is only the first game of the year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well get used to Green playing the 4 because he is going to play a lot of minutes there unless there is a injury to Pierce.  Sully will get his chance.  Bass played very well.  I would take that game from him all year long.   Lets not over react ,  it is only the first game of the year. 

[/QUOTE]

If Green is going  to spend most of his time at the 4, he's gonna need a major attitude adjustment.   Way too passive and tentative.

Still think he belongs at the 3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kirk is right and wrong at the same time

Complaining about Green when James or Battier is at the 4 for Miami is silly... Green is a far better option than Sully/Bass

That being said, Bosh scored on Sully pretty easily... and last I checked he is just under 6'11" and Sully just over 6'8".... since when is Jared our backup C??? Is Darko hurt? I'd MUCH rather have Darko on Bosh than Sully.

[/QUOTE]

Green s cks at the 4.

And yes I would rather have Bass and Sullinger on Lebron because we never cover Lebron with just one man.

[/QUOTE]
    I do agree with you about Green.  He definitely isn't very good at this position.  Although, I also believe he will play this position often.  We just have to hope that he improves at this position or Doc uses someone else at the power forward position. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The problem was that Miami is much better a playing small than any other team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Green doesnt suck at the 4, he just had to go against the best player on the planet. 

Come on, lets not overreact, unless you guys see a bunch of Lebron James's in the league.

it was ONE GAME.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green doesnt suck at the 4, he just had to go against the best player on the planet. 

Come on, lets not overreact, unless you guys see a bunch of Lebron James's in the league.

it was ONE GAME.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, look what he did to OKC. It's only one game. It's not like they lost to the Wizards or bobcats. It was the Heat. I see this team needs a little more chemistry which I beleive will come. I don't see anybody mentioning how bad Terry played last night or how good Barbosa played. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

No need to over-react.  Doc HAS to go small against the Heat.  James did play the 4, but he also played the 1 and 3.

With Wade, Allen, James, Battier and Bosh on the court.................what do you do?  Add in Lewis and this team is a matchup nightmare for anyone in the league.  This is Riley's dream team...............

Let's not push the panic button quite yet!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

It is only one game while the Celtics have like 8 new guys on the roster.   Give Doc some time on how to play everyone in the 48 minutes game as well to try to win as many games as he can.

Right now half these guys are not on the same page last nite!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think this team has a lot of potential and will look much better  but its only one game and the heat looked like they wanted it more for Ray just so he could brag. Ray was tryna do to much and we were tryna too hard to stop him.  I recall Doc saying last week that if they were paying attention to RAY with all the talent on that team they'd be in trouble...well

I saw guys tryna constantly poke the ball loose(knowing Ray doesnt create well) but ended up fouling him and sending him the stripe. So to me, Im happy with our team, just not THAT performance which I chalk up to EMOTIONS! K.G. didnt offer much and go schooled by Ray a couple times and Jeff reverted back to pre-surgery Jeff who plays timid and the Jet was also trying too hard to impress his new teamates.

I was happy and surprised with Leandro cuz I didnt think he would play so soon let alone that well. I saw what I expected from Sully. Didnt see ANY Darco or WIlcox who couldve helped IMO and Lee is gonna help but didnt fair too well vs Wade but its Wade, He gets all the calls so...

Are we ready to take over South Beach...??  Well, not quite but they are the returning champs who ALSO reloaded with Ray and Lewis so they ARE better.

We are still contenders and probably the 2nd best team in the east right now with all the talent and tyhe deep bench we have, but it aint gonna look perfect game 1. esp against the Heat. Anyone upset or dissapointed is missing the big picture. I hear your point about playing small, but we had been lost the game when we WERE BIG and only came back due to the small lineup led by our SF Leandro Barbosa so it does serve purpose and we just play harder and not give up layups. No enforcement out there and maybe Darco needs to do that or Fab, but K.G. and Sully at C all year isnt gonna produce the Grit and Guts necessary to protect the Paint and you can take that to the Bank! You can go as BIG as you want, but if the bigs play like P*ssies, what diff. does it make??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No need to over-react.  Doc HAS to go small against the Heat.  James did play the 4, but he also played the 1 and 3.

With Wade, Allen, James, Battier and Bosh on the court.................what do you do?  Add in Lewis and this team is a matchup nightmare for anyone in the league.  This is Riley's dream team...............

Let's not push the panic button quite yet!!!!

[/QUOTE]

There are many posts this AM that playing small is not the answer & w/o KG in we are toast. We probably have the best wing rebounders (6'9" players) in the game & the best rebounding guard, Rondo. Sure I'd like a 7 footer but 2 of them didn't help the Lakers---a bit of satisfaction to ease my unhappiness with our loss !!! They can't blame the refs as they got 31 foul shots and made 12 missed 19 !!!

Last year we were last in rebounding & probably got outrebounded 7 out of 10 games(guessitmate) but shooting 45-50% & good "D"we were able to make it to the finals. I'm confident we'll win more games this year. Last night we got 41 rebs to 36 but the Heat shot .544% and .500% on 3s getting 8 and we weren't bad shooting with .520% & .462% for 6 threes. The Heat are World Champs & played very well on their court. Don't see Laker trolls commenting on our loss. How would we have felt loosing to Dallas on our home court with Dirk & Kaman out ??? Our performance last night would have beaten many other teams---pending better "D" & improved chemistry of best matchups !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We didn't complain when the Celts used KG and Posey at the 4 and 5 in 2008, right?

It's not the small lineup, it's Lebron being unstoppable.

There's no pressure on Lebron now. He already has a ring. The game just got easier for Lebron because the monkey is off his back, so to speak.

[/QUOTE]
    You may be right.  Even though I really dislike LeBron, he is definitely one of the best players in the NBA.  

25. This post has been removed.