Gonna start rooting for the Lakers now...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Gonna start rooting for the Lakers now...

Pulled for LAL today for the first time in my life. And what happens? They not only lose, they get smoked. Should have seen it coming ... rooted for the Yankees in the 2001 World Series (thought it would be good for the city, and thus the country) and they lost.

So my obvious plan now is, root for the Lakers the rest of the year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Gonna start rooting for the Lakers now...

In Response to Gonna start rooting for the Lakers now...:
    [QUOTE]Pulled for LAL today for the first time in my life. And what happens? They not only lose, they get smoked. Should have seen it coming ... rooted for the Yankees in the 2001 World Series (thought it would be good for the city, and thus the country) and they lost. So my obvious plan now is, root for the Lakers the rest of the year.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I also wanted the Lakers to win today.  I really dislike Miami and don't want to see them win anything this year. 
    I believe that most fans of baseball wanted the Yankees to win that year.  It was a devastating year for city of NY and the entire country.  I had forgot about that horrible year.  We can only hope that it never happens again. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

i will never never ever root for the lakers and like my boy Rondo said on the Association program after we beat them on opening night  We are the team to beat and not the Heat

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm glad the Heat won because it dropped the Lakers record to 9 losses. The Heat are at 9 losses. It's all about the C' getting the best season record until the playoffs. I'm also rooting against the Spurs and Mavs as they are one game ahead and one behnd respectively to the C's in the standings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Mavs and Heat right now, I would say would be our biggest threats, although ORL and LAL are certainly very very good.  Who says the West is the best conference?  Try playing Chi, Orl, Mia and Bos. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

How can any CELTICS fan want the FAKERS to win any game?????  I want them to go 0-82 every year.  I wanted Miami to win.  Any team playing the Fakers I want to win.  Boston will be okay.  Just come out Tuesday night focused and start another streak.  Just make to the 6 game home stand healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Gonna start rooting for the Lakers now...:
    [QUOTE]How can any CELTICS fan want the FAKERS to win any game?????  I want them to go 0-82 every year.  I wanted Miami to win.  Any team playing the Fakers I want to win.  Boston will be okay.  Just come out Tuesday night focused and start another streak.  Just make to the 6 game home stand healthy.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Agreed. How can anyone root for a team who beat us in the Finals last season, and if they win it this time around, they will tie us for championships won.

I don't get it. I'd rather see the Heat win a ring before the Lakers square us up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Well, it takes all kinds to make this crazy world go 'round, I guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

As tough as it would be I would want the Heat over the Lakers in a championship series.  I hate the Lakers that much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Gonna start rooting for the Lakers now...:
    [QUOTE]Mavs and Heat right now, I would say would be our biggest threats, although ORL and LAL are certainly very very good.  Who says the West is the best conference?  Try playing Chi, Orl, Mia and Bos. 
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't be too concerned about the Mavericks.  They are having a great season, but always seem to lose during the playoffs.  I suppose that this year could be different, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose in the playoffs again, even if they finish with the best record in the Western conference.