Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

Using the trade machine you can make it be essentially:

The Celts get Prince

The Pacers get JON, 'Quis and Rip Hamilton (serious boost to playof hopes)

The Pistons get Avery, Dahnty Jones, Dunleavy exp contract, Wafer, another Pacer like Stephensen and gain probably some assortment of picks from both clubs and save over 20 million.

Hollinger says that RIGHT NOW the removal of 'Quis/Avery/JON and addition of JUST PRINCE puts us statistically speaking on pace for 6..... SIX  more wins this year

I think 65-68 wins and the 1 seed sure is better than 59-62 and the 2 seed don't you????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The following scenario is the result of having guys like 'Quis over guys like Posey '08 or possible trade targets like Battier/Prince/Wallace:

Pierce is a solid defender of SF's who is superior to Daniels. Come playoff time vs. the Heat he has to play 40 mins against LeBron, and he will do ok, but his own offensive game will suffer as we saw last playoffs. When we had advantages at all other positions this was ok, but Wade is no Mo Will and Bosh is no Jamison.

Daniels in this scenario gets 8 mins off the bench against a Mike Miller a draw IMO.

If we had a defender like Prince, Wallace or even the lesser Shane Battier... you have someone who can play as good or better D on these SF's than Paul... then you give them 20 mins a game to simply hound LeBron... meanwhile Paul only has to defend LBJ for half the time he would now and then can get a chance to play vs. Miami's bench, get those 8 mins on Miller and another 8 mins or so at SG where he can post-up Wade/Jones and really be bothersome.

THAT is what the upgrade to Daniels I have been screaming for does to this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The difference between:

Pierce 40 mins
    Ray 32 mins
    DWest 12 mins
    'Quis 8 mins

and...

Pierce 36 mins
    Ray 28 mins
    Prince 20 mins
    DWest 12 mins

Is FREAKING HUGE

And you want Delonte in Wade's grille for at least 12 mins a game in both situations. He plays better D than Ray, he is the same height and almost the same athlete as Wade. He has no fear and is actually younger than Wade by 18 months.

Then Ray can hopefully be a little more rested for heroics in the final minutes... but with Prince (or even just Battier) on this team the difference in what Pierce will give you is off the charts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Prince at 11 million JON - 5.7 Daniels - 2.3 Avery - 1.4 Wafer 900k 10.3 Ummm.... $700,000 apart... my God you don't get it
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

4 players for Prince?  You are joking right?  Not sure I would trade Daniels for Prince let alone all the other you want to throw in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?:
    [QUOTE]Using the trade machine you can make it be essentially: The Celts get Prince The Pacers get JON, 'Quis and Rip Hamilton (serious boost to playof hopes) The Pistons get Avery, Dahnty Jones, Dunleavy exp contract, Wafer, another Pacer like Stephensen and gain probably some assortment of picks from both clubs and save over 20 million. Hollinger says that RIGHT NOW the removal of 'Quis/Avery/JON and addition of JUST PRINCE puts us statistically speaking on pace for 6..... SIX   more wins this year I think 65-68 wins and the 1 seed sure is better than 59-62 and the 2 seed don't you????
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Hollinger is a joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That sure was some blather there OneOnOne, sorry if you are dstill in the dark on how to build a chmapionship playoff rotation

I've made my points on how JON is useless with Perk/Semih here (and possibly without them if he can't get healthy), how Prince is FAR superior to Daniels and how Avery and Wafer will likely not be helping us win a title this year or next