Good Read from Simmons on the Trade.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Good Read from Simmons on the Trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110225/part2&sportCat=nba

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Good Read from Simmons on the Trade.

In Response to Good Read from Simmons on the Trade.:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110225/part2&sportCat=nba
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the info.  I, unfortunately, am now the consummate postperktrade junkie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Simmons is the best!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I honestly needed that read as to how this trade really shapes up...  I Perk = Beast.  However, I thought Green was a great addition to what we needed to back up PP and even Ray...  This is all contingent if we really are going to get Murphy.  If we do, we really are better off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Simmons is very dramatic. Great writer, but the more dramatic he is, you realize how bad he is with his assessments.

He's good at after the fact analysis, but not stuff like this.

He's also been inaccurate with the Red Sox and Pats in recent years. A lot.

This is by no means to bash Perkins, but Shag is the same player as Perkins. If Shaq is healthy, which is a big if, he's Perkins.  He's big.  Gets rebounds. Is physical.  He can be clumsy around the net.  Not great at free throw shooting.

I am also not buying this trade somehow devastates the mental psyche of the team.  You have 3 future HOFers who know there time is short.  They'll get over it and be just fine.

From an overall team aspect it helps the team short and long term.

As the data shows, they were 33-10 without Perkins. I thought they'd be worse than that and I was wrong.

Defense wins championships and as solid as Perkins was in this area, they can get it with a Shaq/Big Baby/Kristic rotation in the middle. 

The keys, no doubt, will be Kristic and Shaq.  And of course, the mystery player or players he'll look to add as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

"Doc had touted the fact that the starting five had never lost a playoff series," Jackson said, his sarcasm starting to increase. "I'm sure most everybody has heard it in the NBA, that this starting five has never lost a playoff series. Well, they go down without ever having lost a playoff series."

Phil Jackson

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Simmons is generally pretty inaccurate.  He's missed some big ones in the past.

I'm still ranting, I know, but no amount of sports writing is going to resurrect this team.  Celts got beat bad last night; Perk's absence was immediately apparent.  Kristic ain't the answer, and Green does not play defense.

Here's hoping this team can gut it out.  Every game from here on out is going to be crazy difficult to win.  Every game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Good Read from Simmons on the Trade.:
    [QUOTE]Simmons is generally pretty inaccurate.  He's missed some big ones in the past. I'm still ranting, I know, but no amount of sports writing is going to resurrect this team.  Celts got beat bad last night; Perk's absence was immediately apparent.  Kristic ain't the answer, and Green does not play defense. Here's hoping this team can gut it out.  Every game from here on out is going to be crazy difficult to win.  Every game.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Perk.  I still don't believe he should have been traded, but Danny was also in a very difficult situation with all of the injuries and not really much to trade.  If Danny can find some big men to help out for the remainder of the season, than the Celtics still have a chance of getting to the NBA finals this year.  Hopefully, the two O'Neill's will be able to contribute for most of the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.  Green is a great offensive player and will get better on the defensive end with the continuing games he plays.  He should be a great addition to the Celtics for many years to come. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"This is by no means to bash Perkins, but Shag is the same player as Perkins. If Shaq is healthy, which is a big if, he's Perkins.  He's big.  Gets rebounds. Is physical.  He can be clumsy around the net.  Not great at free throw shooting."

Shaq and Perkins are nothing alike as players, other than they play the same position.  Even approaching 40, Shaq is still much better than Perk on the offensive end.  On the other hand, Perk is much better on the defensive end because he's more mobile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

In Response to Re: Good Read from Simmons on the Trade.:
    [QUOTE]Simmons is very dramatic. Great writer, but the more dramatic he is, you realize how bad he is with his assessments. He's good at after the fact analysis, but not stuff like this. He's also been inaccurate with the Red Sox and Pats in recent years. A lot. This is by no means to bash Perkins, but Shag is the same player as Perkins. If Shaq is healthy, which is a big if, he's Perkins.  He's big.  Gets rebounds. Is physical.  He can be clumsy around the net.  Not great at free throw shooting. I am also not buying this trade somehow devastates the mental psyche of the team.  You have 3 future HOFers who know there time is short.  They'll get over it and be just fine. From an overall team aspect it helps the team short and long term. As the data shows, they were 33-10 without Perkins. I thought they'd be worse than that and I was wrong. Defense wins championships and as solid as Perkins was in this area, they can get it with a Shaq/Big Baby/Kristic rotation in the middle.  The keys, no doubt, will be Kristic and Shaq.  And of course, the mystery player or players he'll look to add as well.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

totally agree. the mystery man/men, plus shaq and jo's health and the play of krstic will be the key. i also think this makes the team deeper and provides more rest for KG and Paul heading in to the palyoffs. those guy were logging too many minutes and that spells disaster down the line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I agree with Simmons for the most part.

The Carousel has not yet stopped spinning yet. Buy outs may still change the equation. However, you slice it, Danny is the biggest gambler in the NBA. He may get everything that he wants, and then again maybe not.